Quote Originally Posted by TonyTheTiger View Post
I don't think the games are Nintendo's problem, the timing is. If anything, their current entries are better than the ones we were getting on the Gamecube but they aren't coming out when they need to. Skyward Sword should have been a Wii U launch title. What good did it do Nintendo as the Wii's last hurrah? For all the praise Nintendo gets for its innovation, that was a very shortsighted move.
I don't think anyone would claim that Nintendo doesn't make incredible games. I believe the issue is that there are just too few of them on the WiiU and too few in the pipeline to really ever place the WiiU in a situation where it's the only console someone would own. Even when Nintendo slowed development on new Gamecube games, it seemed like there was always some unique third party title coming out to fill the gap. That just doesn't exist on the WiiU as Ubisoft and Activision have now shifted into multi-platform port mode and sadly the only unique third party content is coming from Majesco. As I think I've shared here before, as someone with kids in exactly Nintendo's prime demographic, I'm amazed at how little play the WiiU gets in our house when compared to the iPad and all of the other electronic devices the kids have access to and frankly, we own every first party Nintendo game and most of the rest of the library.