Quote Originally Posted by Rickstilwell1 View Post
IMO anyone who is complaining about New Super Mario Bros. U not being a sufficient launch Mario game is not a true Mario fan. Real Mario fans want all the Mario they can get. Both 2D & 3D. I like 2D better than 3D.

Well, how bout this.... My favorite game of all time, ranked No.1 overall, is Super Mario World for the Super Nintendo. I don't take that ranking lightly either. I'm a huge 2D Mario fan.

Here's the problem. The new games that started with the DS and Wii, and then later on Wii U and 3DS use polygons instead of sprites. For whatever reason, I just don't get that same feeling as I do when I'm playing Super Mario World or SMB3. The DS game, and the Wii game are both very clever, and well made games, but ultimately, they just don't feel the same to me, and I think the polygon thing is the reason why. If Nintendo made a "real" 2D Mario game, I would be in seventh heaven. I'd love them to use the exact same engine as Super Mario World, just add a couple of extra special effects to it, and great background music and sound effects and I would be in heaven...