Thread: Rumor or Nonsense: Nintendo's next generation console and handheld: Fusion Terminal and Fusion DS

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I think it just says Nintendo has been a bit delusional on their projections. Reign those in and make desisions on realistic expectations, and they'll do all right.

I seriously have no idea how Nintendo thought 9 million was at all realistic expectation.
    New Comics for the Week of 10-03-12

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by The Adventurer View Post
    I think it just says Nintendo has been a bit delusional on their projections. Reign those in and make desisions on realistic expectations, and they'll do all right.

I seriously have no idea how Nintendo thought 9 million was at all realistic expectation.
    Both Xbox One and PS4 will easily hit 9 million units by the end of calendar 2014 and Xbox One lacks any real market demand in most of Asia, so I don't think Nintendo was being unrealistic in projecting 9 million units worldwide in a full fiscal year if the console was actually a viable contender.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Nintendo time and again lives in a fantasy land of overprojecting what their systems will move, at least with the 3DS. THe Wii U, they got bitchslapped plain and simple not correcting that shit six months ago seeing how 'good' the sales were pre-Zelda and hell even pre-Pikmin 3 for that matter. They came up with garbage numbers that didn't have a basis in reality even given how their first Christmas went and blindly rolled with it with their eyes closed, fingers in years and mouthing 'LALALA can't hear you' to reality. The 3DS may have been over projected and missed but it was also their best yearly sales for the thing too on software and hardware so they just let ego make them look like asses in its case.

I miss Cartoon Orbit! Drclaw411's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Drclaw411
    PSN
    Drclaw411

Call me crazy, but I think the worst thing Nintendo did was decide to put the next Smash Brothers game on the 3DS as well as the Wii U. Smash Bros is always a system seller, and releasing it on a console every has already leaves people no reason to buy a Wii U to play it.

Also...consoles could play CDs three generations ago, and DVDs two generations ago. Why is Nintendo still ignoring this?
    Last edited by Drclaw411; 01-27-2014 at 11:55 AM.