Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NES Honeybee converter

Great Puma (Level 12) Niku-Sama's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

I wonder, since you'd be going from the bigger cart to the smaller one if you could find a double ended 72pin connector and use a converter from a converter cart

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Immutable View Post
    Your best bet would be the NES-joint-01 as stated previously.
    But does it work in reverse?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I have a Honey Bee converter that I got years ago for a few bucks, but sadly the cloth pull-strip tore off a few months ago. Bah. It's still perfectly usable in my NES 2, but can't use it in the original model NES anymore, there'd be no way to get it out.

Insert Coin (Level 0) Einzelherz's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Can you unscrew it and put a piece of ribbon in there? That's what I use for my NES factory converters.

celerystalker is a poindexter celerystalker's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

I just, like many other, pulled the converter out of a copy of Gyromite. I use it as-is with my top-loader, or in a Game Genie with my classic model. Works like a champ and has for many years.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by A Black Falcon View Post
    I have a Honey Bee converter that I got years ago for a few bucks, but sadly the cloth pull-strip tore off a few months ago. Bah. It's still perfectly usable in my NES 2, but can't use it in the original model NES anymore, there'd be no way to get it out.
    You really have no idea how to fix it??

All you need is a screwdriver, some glue(super?), and a new piece of ribbon around 6-8" long that's an inch wide (whatever the original is) and that's it.

The two I had one of the ribbons was I believe gone, pulled out. I had 2 when I got that lucky strike mentioned a year ago in this thread, so all I did was compare the ribbons and my wife liked to make hairbows for the kid so I found a nice dark green one. I unscrewed it, saw where the other was and these teeth got pulled out from idiotic force(it wasn't wear) and I just reset the teeth, used a little extra glue around them and sandwiched the ribbon on it, and then I just snapped and screwed it back together. Let the super glue set for 30min, and it was as good as new. Thats the one I promised to the other guy mentioned in that old post and he was happy completely with it being new and reinforced over na original. Mine has the original on it which I compared, it's like this light blue-ish gray color.

I just keep mine because I know the R5 is a chinese ticking time bomb that fail eventually so I can still use my real games on my real top loader hardware in time.

I almost did that Gyromite adapter thing, but at the time I just held onto it for a couple years but never had any games so I just sold it not wanting to keep a useless game around to someone who wanted it for the part. The honeybees I ended up with got me kickstarted into the famicom stuff, then the R5 when it dropped got me to buy even more so I ended up with like 20 of them, but I kept 15. I've not bought anymore this year, but I know I'll snap something up again eventually when my will returns to play console games again more seriously.