Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rose Colored Gaming's SNES-themed GBA (in-the-wild pics inside!)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Well either way it's good to see you're not dead or something, and if someone tried that crap here I don't think the members here would tolerate not sorting that person out on their own for you since it's a good group here who don't come off as elitist collector snobs or just neogaf sized douchebags with no accountability for their actions.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks, Tanook!

It's funny because I wasn't able to get a NeoGaf acct for years, despite trying and meeting all of their requirements. Then I finally get an account and realize that I don't really want to post there

Edit: Just noticed your SMB level icons. Nice! How did you get those? Or rather, who's arse did you have to kiss? ;P
    Last edited by wiggyx; 07-21-2014 at 04:19 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I learned a very long time ago not to even bother because how it goes on there is basically the benchmark of reasons on why not to sign up to a messageboard.

I really need to get one of those systems like you put together, problem is with the finances I'm stuck with having the wife out of full time work the next couple of years, I'd have to do it on a budget but I really do want an old style GBA with a 101 style screen. I love the micro, great on the go, but sucks at home and painful to use the L/R buttons consistently.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

People in general don't seem to understand "mass market" versus "boutique". Yeah, I can buy a terrible clone console off ebay for peanuts. That's not the same thing at all as a handcrafted custom piece. And they want to attack the artist and the people who appreciate the art. I think it has to do with entitlement complex that people under a certain age seem to have been born with. They deserve everything they want at the exact price they wish to pay If they don't get exactly what they want, well how dare anyone produce what they do at the rates they require and how dare anyone else create a demand for it.

"Ai Oboete Imasu Ka?" Flashback2012's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Is Rose Colored Gaming going to be making an appearance at CCAG this weekend?
    "Ai Oboete Imasu Ka?"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Flashback2012 View Post
    Is Rose Colored Gaming going to be making an appearance at CCAG this weekend?
    You better believe it! Been stashing stuff away to have for the show. Here's a small sampling

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TheChristoph View Post
    People in general don't seem to understand "mass market" versus "boutique". Yeah, I can buy a terrible clone console off ebay for peanuts. That's not the same thing at all as a handcrafted custom piece. And they want to attack the artist and the people who appreciate the art. I think it has to do with entitlement complex that people under a certain age seem to have been born with. They deserve everything they want at the exact price they wish to pay If they don't get exactly what they want, well how dare anyone produce what they do at the rates they require and how dare anyone else create a demand for it.
    Thank you! Well said.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tanooki View Post
    I learned a very long time ago not to even bother because how it goes on there is basically the benchmark of reasons on why not to sign up to a messageboard.

I really need to get one of those systems like you put together, problem is with the finances I'm stuck with having the wife out of full time work the next couple of years, I'd have to do it on a budget but I really do want an old style GBA with a 101 style screen. I love the micro, great on the go, but sucks at home and painful to use the L/R buttons consistently.
    Tanooki, I hear you. My wife has actually not been working since we moved to NYC over a year ago -- I'm making very good money now and we saved a LOT before we moved, so we're fine, and will be even better when she's done with school. We don't have kids yet or a mortgage, so... well, whatever it is keeping you being sole provider, you should be proud of yourself.

And yeah; the SP is just not the great ideal that most people make it out to be.

Wiggy, have fun at CCAG this weekend! Wish I could be there.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Good to see you here Wiggy. The CAG collection thread was trying to magically summon you the other day, haha.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nusilver View Post
    Tanooki, I hear you. My wife has actually not been working since we moved to NYC over a year ago -- I'm making very good money now and we saved a LOT before we moved, so we're fine, and will be even better when she's done with school. We don't have kids yet or a mortgage, so... well, whatever it is keeping you being sole provider, you should be proud of yourself.

And yeah; the SP is just not the great ideal that most people make it out to be.

Wiggy, have fun at CCAG this weekend! Wish I could be there.
    Tanks! We did have a good time We even assembled some home brew carts while we were there. 'twas good fun soldering and making a mess at the show.

Quote Originally Posted by Bing147 View Post
    Good to see you here Wiggy. The CAG collection thread was trying to magically summon you the other day, haha.

ORLY? I guess I better go check in...

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey y'all, here's my writeup on RCG's SNES-themed GBA, complete with TONS of pictures.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/f...colored-gaming

And here's a picture that I'm including here and the NeoGAF GBA/GBC/GB appreciation thread only. I was able to get a couple different lenses for pictures, and this one arrived after my feature'd already gone up.