In hopes to seeing more active topics I figured I'd throw some discussions down and see what people think.

Back in the 8 and 16bit eras we got a lot of new franchises, many that live still on to this very day. Are there any games that stood out to you on the NES or SNES that really hit home with you and were the most fun and do you have a reason why?

For example it's easy to throw out Mario or Zelda, but three games that really grabbed me were earlier SNES titles and first party -- F-Zero Pilotwings and Starfox. The two launch games were just unique to me in the presentation with the fast racing and combative play of it, while the other was just stunning with all the uniquely new console detail with the scaling and rotating doing flying/falling maneuvers and being rated on it. Then of course we really hadn't seen something on the level of Starfox when that dropped on a console with the 3D polgyons, plenty with a little bit of detail creating a very fun and focused rail shooter that felt more free despite it not being so.