Thread: X-Arcade On Android Devices

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default X-Arcade On Android Devices

Anyone ever tried this set-up? I just ordered one of these impressive looking sticks and was wondering if anyone could help me with a few questions not answered on their website. I purchased it to use with all of my emulators on my device. I currently use a Wii classic or Moga Pro(for analog control). They work perfectly but I wanted a quality arcade stick to use with MAME and other oldschool emus.

According to the site they say it would work with their Xbox 360 adapter. But is that for Google Play downloaded games only and would I need it for emus too? From what I understand Android is pretty much compatible with most USB controllers. It's just a matter of setting up your control configuration in the emulator itself. Is this stick any different? I do know I need an OTG cable, which I ordered as well. Would I need an additional app like USB/BT Joystick?

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I guess I'll answer my own question. Yes it does work with android emus without the need of an extra adaptor, just needs some button configuration within the emu/app itself. Works wonderfully with Mame4Droid and all of Broglia's .emu apps.

The X-arcade is an impressive behemoth of an arcade stick. I much prefer this baseball bat style stick over the tiny jawbreaker like stick. There is literally no difference between this and an american arcade machine. I notice some people prefer over-priced sticks with Sanwa parts(whatever those are). Sorry, I grew up in american arcades and don't have tiny hands. At 50 bucks, this thing was a steal, compared to all those expensive Hori and Mad Catz things. It even has 2 buttons on the sides for pinball games. Worked great with Devil's Crush, it's like playing a whole new game. Can't wait to try it out with some other vid-pinball games. Spaceship shooters like Thunderforce 3 also seem to control better.

I'm impressed with this giant and love it so far.