Thread: Anyone buying Destiny?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Anyone buying Destiny?

This games pretty much hyped to the brim. From what I read its a somewhat MMO. I have never played MMOs, was interested in DC Universe but then just backed out. Im going to get the white PS4 Destiny bundle since I love white consoles and this games looks great. Is anyone else going to give it a try or do you think it would be just another FPS?

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I might get it. I'm kinda over FPS's, but it looks really cool. Frankly, the only game coming out that I'm super excited for is Little Big Planet 3. I really don't know if it's an MMO or not. If I were to get it, I'd prolly just play the campaign mostly, I really liked the campaigns for the Halo games, and altho I did play a lot of Halo online, I prefer to experience the stories to games.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I'm aware but I'm not hyped. I wasn't even all that interested until I was pushed to watch footage. I found someone do a full play through over around 2 hours of the closed beta posted to youtube and that did sell me. This game is neither a MMO or a FPS, and that has me interested. The closest to reality I would call it is Mass Effect style play and upgrades crossed with a COOpRPG that's optional in nature. Yes like a CRPG you have the hub towns, more people on the map, and you have RPG style ranking up, and you can get into parties or groups(guilds) with people, but none of it is necessary or required. You could in theory ignore everyone and do it yourself. A real CRPG or MMO you just can't, you'll get spanked, maybe not early on but eventually. The style of play though is distinctly like Mass Effect as you have the style of player to be (a class) and then skills you can allocate points to to rank that junk up while buying/finding/trading or dropping gear to better yourself. It has the story writing and branch possibilities of optionals and not of ME and the combat is quite the same being an over the shoulder third person combat/exploration title. I think this has some better creative energy and design to it, ME3 I got fed up with fast, but ME2 I played to death. I'll be grabbing this, not sure if I could ever finish it so I'm not going to bite on the add-on packages until I find I may need or want it, but I'll do it. I don't have a preorder as I could give a damn about selling out to gamestop for a flashy boomstick, so I'll just go to whatever store and get it at my leisure on or after the 9th.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PreZZ
    PSN
    PreZZ

I wasnt interested until the beta came out. Once i started to understand the game, I was sold. Im not a big fan of digital games, but the physical release of the guardian edition (the one with 2 dlc expansions) is sold out everywhere and i know ill be playing this game for years so bought it on psn and if you didnt know you dont pay taxes anymore (at least here in canada), so I saved an extra 16$! Its a mix of borderlands, halo and phantasy star online, thats the best way i can describe the game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Man, I was actually pretty interested in Destiny for a very short period of time. I got to try the Alpha on the PS4, and at first I was totally amazed. The Old Russia area gave me a Fallout 3 but in winter vibe that was really cool. The shooting gameplay seems almost exactly like Halo, which felt really comfortable to me. The only thing is I couldn't stand how all the enemies would respawn over and over and over. I would clear a section of enemies, and two minutes later they would all be back.

I'm not an MMO guy. I don't really know anything about MMO's, and I'm not really interested in learning.

I understand that Bungie wanted to make a pseudo MMO, but I really think they should have offered an option for people like me, that just want to play a single player Halo campaign type thing.

They won't let me love their game, like I would want to love it. Give me a single player option without all the respawning enemies and other bullcrap.

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

For those that preorder the gane digitally, if you purchase the PS3 or 360 version, you get the PS4 or Xbox One version along with it for free for a limited time.

http://www.destinythegame.com/digital-upgrade

When you buy/redeem the Destiny Digital Base Game, Digital Guardian Edition, or Expansion Pass on or before January 15th, 2015, you can download the PlaystationŽ4 version from the PlayStationŽStore for free by doing the following:

- Log into your PlayStationŽ4 using the same Sony Entertainment Network Account (PSN ID) used to buy/redeem the Destiny digital content on PlayStationŽ3.
    - Navigate to the Destiny content page or search for the corresponding item you purchased previously on PlayStationŽ3.
    - Add the item to your cart and complete the transaction.
    - Wait for the download to complete.

Expansion Pass content (which includes Expansions I and II) will only be available for full download once released.
    Last edited by kupomogli; 09-06-2014 at 03:52 AM.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PreZZ
    PSN
    PreZZ

F*CK! They should also give the ps3 version for free for those who preordered the ps4 version... your character saves work on both platforms and a lot of my friends will play the ps3 version. Also useful when the girlfriend watches tv, I can still play the game on my other tv!

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

You could always call Sony and refer them to the site. That you didn't know about this until now and you want to change your preorder to the PS3 version or get the PS3 version for free. No idea if they would, but you could always try. Or contact Activision or Bungie about it.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

ConsoleGeek
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    ChadChops

I won't, I hate games that are online only. I'm not going to pay that much for a game that will have a limited life span, just imagine if that was always the case all of our older games would be completely useless right now. Last thing I want to do is help push us into that type of limited gaming.

Pac-Man (Level 10) Rickstilwell1's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    PSN
    TheGameCollector

My upcoming roommate said she is buying it along with a PS4 system I think in October.
    [quote name='Shidou Mariya' date='Nov 17 2010, 10:05 PM' post='4889940']
    I'm a collector, but only to a certain extent.
    Not as extreme as Rickstilwell though.[/quote]