Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: "New 3DS" and "New 3DS XL" - Why (or Why Not) Will You Get One?

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

No AC adapter? That is just being fucking cheap. Will probably be sold seperately for another 20 bucks. Good way to milk the pockets of blind fanboys. Parents buying this for their children will be highly upset to open the box and find no plug. A bigger deal should be made of this retarded move.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Maybe they want them to be investments like the adapter to use the GCN controller on the WiiU.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

It's a $10 retail adapter, or $5 refurb from Nintendo but if you figure another 3 shipping on it, why bother?

It's cheap and they need to be called out on it heavily.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Man....

I do want the better 3D. I actually like the 3D. I have an XL right now, but don't play it very much. Still, there are some absolutely amazing games on the 3DS, and I would like to have that better screen. I'll wait till it's price is $179.99 (instead of $199.99), and then I'll try to buy it when there is some special deal or something.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

The 3DS has the library diversity I wish their last 2 consoles could have had because if they did I'd still own them. :\

The thing is even without the library I'm so floundering on how long to wait on the N3DSXL straight up just for the hardware improvements if nothing else. I really enjoy the 3D and I think it adds some quality depth in many games where it was done well and not just tacked on for cheap effect but I move enough that it blurs and gets me killed so I've sadly just had to default it to the OFF position 90% of the time or more. I don't think the price is much of a problem, lack of AC sucks and is one, but not the price. They seem comfy selling a system at $200 don't they? Maybe we can see them in a few years do that whole PC-like design of a system where both a handheld and a console can use the same parts, just cheaper ones on a handheld so that you can code a game to work on both devices and then have an up to $300 handheld or $400 console to pick which suits your lifestyle better. That would bring my interest back into their systems.

Administrator

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FieryReign View Post
    Parents buying this for their children will be highly upset to open the box and find no plug.
    Are you joking? Perhaps at "big box" stores and places like Wal*Mart that will happen. But every Best Buy and GameStop employee out there will be told to explain this to customers while selling them on the store's brand of AC adapter, to tell purchasers there isn't one in the box, to patiently listen and agree that is it a cheap move by the company, and then confirm they want to purchase the AC adapter, or if buyers don't, warn them to make sure they have a compatible one at home already. At that point, the parent usually will buy one from the store either way, just to make sure that they have one, and assure their kid or the worker that even if they already have one, this new one can be their backup charger.

On another subject, I hope the automatically adjusting brightness is an optional setting so that you are still allowed to manually set the brightness like on Android. It would be inconvenient or "blinding" at times to always have automatic brightness adjustments. For example, in an area where you are frequently going from bright-to-dark and back again like when in a car while driving under the foliage of trees, auto-adjust gets very annoying very quickly.

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

It's a super douchey move from Nintendo no matter how people want to spin it. I'll be selling my 3DS XL and buying a New 3DS XL and if I don't include the power cord I'll lose a lot of money on selling the product. If I do include the power cord I have to waste time and money purchasing another one. It's astounding Nintendo's fans are still blind to how cheap and greedy the pos company is. Nintendo has been throwing it in their faces for decades now.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

I heard the N3DS Adapter will be part of the Wave 5 Amiibos.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Guess NOA doesn't want my money. I'll stick with my old 3ds XL, I wanted the new smaller one.

Great Puma (Level 12) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Japanese consumers haven't been getting AC adapters packed in for anything but the first versions of new systems since like, the DSi IIRC.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i really wanted that Majora's Mask 3DS. Sold out in a flash. WTF? Their already on Ebay what a pile of bullshit.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Scalpers ruin everything.

Great Puma (Level 12) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Nintendo should bundle every single game that they release from now on with a cheap plastic figurine. Guaranteed sell out, every time. Not that I really care, I want a black one.

Insert Coin (Level 0) Dashopepper's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I am pumped for this system. I was getting tired of my plain Red XL and have close to 900 hours on it. Great timing for me to get my hands on a nice new shiny Majora's Mask Edition. Plus Majora's Mask and Monster Hunter 4 on the same day, doesn't get any better then that.

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gentlegamer View Post
    Scalpers ruin everything.
    You are not kidding. I just don't even look at any "special edition" from Nintendo anymore. They should call them "Scalper's edition". That is what happened with the 20th anniversary PS4. It isn't for collector's it is for scalpers. There are so many on ebay now for an excessive amount of money.
    Cool people I have bought stuff from on this board: orrimarrko kyosuke75 dave2236 video_game_addict cloudstrife29661 NESCollector75

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Tupin, it just shows how dumb they are mixed with the fact they have a less interested culture with the resale market as compared to here so I guess it worked. I'm not sure if i"m more pissed the normal New3DS was left out in the cold or the AC adapter. The price difference between the 2 models is more than the $10 the stupid plug will cost to replace to power either of them. With the XL having the same screen size as the old 3DSXL but the New3DS having larger screens bringing it closer to it in size without the jumbo frame that's what really sucks.

kupo you got that right, but this was a new threshold of disgusting behavior. Also to be fair, they did rebound off the cheapness a smidgeon lately with the pack-in physical games or digital games on the SD cards in the systems as they stopped doing pack-ins with the GB/SNES era more or less.

Insert Coin (Level 0) Dashopepper's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I wasn't shocked when I heard that the system wouldn't ship with an A/C adapter because I remember hearing that in Japan none of the Handhelds ship with them. But it definitely is sort of a rip off for consumers..er sort of. If they were going to have to charge more for the system then there standard $199 just to make the margins they need then I guess im ok. I wont be needing to buy another charger because i'm just giving my old system to my wife so I guess I'm good on that end.

Also people who want the small 3DS are in the vast minority and it makes sense to me that they wouldn't bring it over. There is not a single person I know that hasn't up graded to the XL, and when I think about how many regular 3DS I have seen compared to XL it doesn't surprise me. Nintendo probably looked at there sales and it didn't make financial sense to bring the small one over.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

You're probably right about the XL vs normal sales difference, but as to the other, yeah in Japan they didn't get it, but neither did the 2DS, 3DS, 3DSXL and the DSI too. They have stiffed them for years, it's new here to pull it which is what bites and most probably aren't aware of that fact either once you get away from messageboards and fansites.

ConsoleGeek
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    ChadChops

I'm not going to buy a new 3DS but if I was I would purposely buy a third party AC adapter just so Nintendo wouldn't get the extra money based on their move.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

lol

This must be done to remove or insert your SD card.

Everything about the New 3DS screams stopgap.
    Last edited by Leo_A; 01-16-2015 at 03:15 PM.