Thread: ps3 games worth getting?

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default ps3 games worth getting?

Just wondering if anyone knows of any PS3 games actually worth getting? I've had a PS3 nearly since it first came out and have only a few games on it, which I never really play, because there basically is nothing really good that I've come across. I have GTA IV, Gran Tursimo 5, Skyrim, Silent Hill Collection, Last of Us - the first two are just rehashes of old games, Skyrim is buggy like all hell and can't hold a candle to Morrowind, Silent Hill Collection is good because just graphical updates of older playstation games and the Last of Us is incredibly mediocre.

I hadn't touched the PS3 in a long while and just recently decided to rent a random game and was completely taken by surprise when I played Two Souls. I was blown away by the experience, incredible graphics, storyline, unique game interaction, it was like an evolution and merging of the graphic adventure and interactive movie games of the FMV days. It worked brilliantly and I was hooked from beginning to end I played through without any break thus taking up my entire weekend.

I never knew that games like this were on the PS3, it's amazing! This is the new generation games which I expected on the PS3, not the same old generation stuff with updated graphics. After that I went back to the video store and rented The Walking Dead which also was excellent and a similair type of game although it's not exclusive to PS3. Now I want to know if there are any more games as great as these on the PS3? I'm also aware of Heavy Rain so now I have all 3 coming to me by mail in the next week. I ordered US versions of all the games as stupid backwards Australia always censors the hell out of everything so we always get inferior versions.

To make a long story short can anyone recommend any other games of this high quality and innovation on the PS3?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

If I owned a last-gen next-gen system. PS3 is the one I would want. As it has ALL of the not-Nintendo/not-PC games I actually want to play.

Many of them fighting games. Most of them Japanese. JRPGs and the like.

Basically anything by Atlus, NIS, and Arcsys. You know, all the quirky shit that isn't a brown shooter.
    New Comics for the Week of 10-03-12

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Well don't let Last of Us be an indication of Naughty Dog, go find the cheapest way possible the 3 Uncharted games, they're really things that must be experienced at least one on the PS3. Dragon's Crown is another fine game, an on/offline team 'final fight' style brawler with a good story, heaps of pickups and things to buy and upgrade so it has some rpg element to keep it more fresh and lots of character classes to choose and level up. Sid Meier's Civ Revolution is a solid title that can blow hours really easily.

FPGA arm-based system Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    PSN
    bb_hood99

Skyrim is really good, I wouldnt consider it buggy as hell though. I played it alot, up until I got the platinum trophy. The only issues I noticed were a little choppyness/slowdown late in the game in one of the towns, and the mammoths falling from the sky. Its worth owning for sure.
    Rocksmith and Bandfuse are worth getting but they require the use of an electric guitar. Rocksmith is way way better than bandfuse but bandfuse is worth getting just for the extra tracks and because it can be bought with the cable for like 24$ shipped via ebay.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PreZZ
    PSN
    PreZZ

Try L.A. Noire, similar to heavy rain.

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Deadly Premonition (there are not enough words to describe how bizarre this game is, has to be played to be believed)
    Eternal Sonata (awesome RPG with a great plot device)

I'd also recommend getting them soon as both of those games are great "sleeper picks" for shooting up in value over time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    retroman20/retroman21
    PSN
    retroman13

God of War 3, GTA V, Goldeneye Reloaded, BioShock series. Thats a few good one's to keep you busy.