Thread: problems with PS2 chip

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default problems with PS2 chip

I've recently had my PS2 slim fitted with a chip to play burnt and multi region games. For some reason it has a lot trouble with games from another region. Policenauts won't even boot up no matter what settings I try but it works on my brothers US PS2 which got chipped at the same time without issue. Also Final Fantasy Tactics hack 1.3 works but with severe graphical glitches like blocks around the characters, on my brothers US PS2 slim works no problems. The chip is matrix infinity V1.93. The whole point I got a chip is to play games from other regions (not PAL) so I'm really dissapointed that they don't work when they are supposed too. Any ideas if it's possible to get them to work or know why they don't work? A very long time ago I had an original playstation chipped and was able to play final fantasy tactics (US version) on that without any problems, it also had no menu or settings to mess around with. What the hell, how come the chip technology is worse now then so many years ago?
    Last edited by revelator; 09-29-2014 at 07:28 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by revelator View Post
    I've recently had my PS2 slim fitted with a chip to play burnt and multi region games. For some reason it has a lot trouble with games from another region. Policenauts won't even boot up no matter what settings I try but it works on my brothers US PS2 which got chipped at the same time without issue. Also Final Fantasy Tactics hack 1.3 works but with severe graphical glitches like blocks around the characters, on my brothers US PS2 slim works no problems. The chip is matrix infinity V1.93. The whole point I got a chip is to play games from other regions (not PAL) so I'm really dissapointed that they don't work when they are supposed too. Any ideas if it's possible to get them to work or know why they don't work? A very long time ago I had an original playstation chipped and was able to play final fantasy tactics (US version) on that without any problems, it also had no menu or settings to mess around with. What the hell, how come the chip technology is worse now then so many years ago?
    I don't know what's wrong with yours, but my PS2 has been chipped with a Matrix Infinity for close to 12 years and works flawlessly. Who did the install? Might have them check all solder points (there's quite a lot more than the old PS1's) and make sure they made a good connection.