Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Playstation TV - Will it breath life into the VITA?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Satoshi_Matrix

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroCool View Post
    What exact tweaks are there that make you dont have to grind? Im playing this game on PS2 but I get totalled on the Game Over dungeon. Its a really interesting game but Im not good at understanding the Persona fusing and apparently you need to use a specific Persona for this boss and I dont have either persona to fuse it. Its confusing for me.
    One thing that is now different that if you're playing on normal difficulty, you can be killed in battle and choose to resume starting on the floor you last reached with the HP/MP, EXP, items and money that you had when you first reached that floor. Anything gained on that floor prior to your death is gone though. Because of this system, savepoints at the end of dungeons just before the major shadow fight are removed, as is floor skipping.

The Persona fusing system is also tweaked so you can manually assign skills fused persona gain, use a search field to find a specific Persona you want, so that boss fights against certain elements are easier to deal with.

Oh, and treasure chests now respawn as soon as you leave a dungeon floor, meaning you can reacquire more healing items, MP restoring items and more. Also when you defeat shadows and gain cards, you can choose the card you want, no more roulette. There are new feature cards too like partial restoring of the whole party's HP/MP.

All of this means level grinding is no longer really needed and the dungeon crawling is a lot more enjoyable than in the original P4. When I beat Persona 4 on PS2, I clocked 178 hours into it. So much of that was due to grinding. Persona 4 Golden feels liberating that you can focus on all the good bits like the social links and such and cut the level grinding time by two thirds.

There are a TON of changes. For a full list, check here:
    http://megamitensei.wikia.com/wiki/Persona_4_Golden
    check out my classic gaming review site: http://satoshimatrix.wordpress.com/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Really enjoying mine so far. Child of light looks really good on 720p. Hope they add more compatibility soon. I have been dying to replay Metal gear solid for a long time now and was disappointed to see it's been white listed. I'm assuming this is a rights thing ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Cool. Thanks for the info and link.

So anyone who did buy it, did they buy the bundle or just the straight up bare bones device?

Great Puma (Level 12) Niku-Sama's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

I might get one when they decide to dump stock. Probably at the beginning of the year

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Satoshi_Matrix

The bundle. The system has 1GB internal storage, but unless you only plan on buying a Vita TV for one game, you'll definetely need to buy a memory card for it, and those are very expensive. You also need a controller of course, and since the Vita TV uses the DualShock 3, that controller can also be used for other systems including the PS3 and Ouya. I couldn't care less about the Lego Game voucher though. Too bad it was something so lame. Sony really ought to include a Persona 4 Golden bundle as well.

I know I sound like a broken record, but the Vita TV is totally worth buying for Persona 4. Best killer app in years. Game of the Year stuff, even though the game technically came out two years ago and is a remake of a PS2 game from 2008.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Satoshi_Matrix

Quote Originally Posted by Niku-Sama View Post
    I might get one when they decide to dump stock. Probably at the beginning of the year
    Yeah I don't see that happening, and I don't see the price going anywhere really. I think the price is a sweet spot.

What Sony needs to do with the PlayStation TV is simply make more games compatible with it, especially PSP and PS1 games that really have no excuse for being incompatible, like Castlevania Dracula X Chronicles and Grandia. Both work on PSP, both work on an actual Vita. So why the f*** do neither work on Vita TV?

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Satoshi_Matrix View Post
    ah...damnit. I've got 3.30. It doesn't work.
    Just sign up for their forum and keep watch at wololo.net every once in awhile. They let everyone know about the next game before it's announced to be ready for it and depending on how long you're a forum member, if you go to the /talk forum page and you're logged in, it'll have a ninja release that tells which game to purchase before it's officially announced, giving everyone a chance to purchase it before it's taken down from PSN. The internet website one is just one way to exploit it, but you usually have to buy a PS Mini or PSP game and it gives you an exploit through the PSP emulator.

The halfbyte loader exploits suck imo because it's only specific homebrew/emulators developed to run in a very small amount of usable data. The best exploits are the ones that use the PSP emulator and then you can run any homebrew, PSP isos, etc. I've bought a few PSP games that I already own because they were really cheap and I have two Vitas, but I'd rather not spend money on games I've already purchased once before.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Why is Dracula x chronicles white listed also?

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Because the Playstation TV can't handle that much awesomeness.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Hah you may be right. Some of the stuff they have listed as not working is entirely confusing. Other stuff I'd just imagine would fall into the lazy category or the one where they want key stuff stuck on Vita in a desperate play to maybe sell a few more. I'd think something like Uncharted would be a good thing on the Vita since it uses a PS4 controller which has the touch surface it needs. Then there are good games that don't need that like Hot Shots, Katamari and a few others and they don't work either so it's just confusing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Satoshi_Matrix

Dracula X Chronicles is especially annoying since the game was on sale for half off until today. Sony put it on sale but it's not playable on the one device that would really benefit for it. I decided to buy it anyway though because of the sale price and the possibility that I'll eventually buy an actual Vita.

But yeah, Sony really needs to get on making Dracula X Chronicles as well as Grandia, Megaman X4, X5 and more work with the Vita TV. It's still worth buying for Persona 4 Golden alone, but it's just frustrating that these games don't work with the PlayStation TV in the west.....especially when all the games I just mentioned work off the Japanese PSN.

Pretzel (Level 4) LaughingMAN.S9's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    MILKnoCrackerz
    PSN
    ElPrivon

Might be late but play asia had a ps vita TV sale over the weekend for 59.99 but shipping would bump u up to 75, still a good deal, I ordered Saturday morning, it arrived Monday morning (wtf?!)

I play using powerline adapters, so both the ps4 and vita TV are plugged into the wall. I notice next to zero lag, not sure if this creates a personal lan or not but my internet upload speed is only 1mb, the fact I notice barely any lag at all is crazy. I'm playing a couple of vita titles on screen and they look nice but you will notice Jaggies u didn't before since it was originally meant to be played on in a 5 inch screen

Main complaint is the same as everyone else's, compatibilty, a lot of games I was looking forward to playing on a TV like Gravity Rush simply won't work. Sucks, hope full vita compatibility gets patched in soon

Edit: playasia still has asian ps tvs for the sale price of 59.99, I bought the japanese one, I don't know if there is any difference between the 2, I doubt it but I would make sure the new firmware upgrade would allow u to use american accounts on it same as it allowed the jap version
    Last edited by LaughingMAN.S9; 11-04-2014 at 04:30 PM.
    "Kidnap the presidents wife without a plan..."

Great Puma (Level 12) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

I'm liking mine so far, but they chose a very poor game to pack-in.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Satoshi_Matrix

Quote Originally Posted by LaughingMAN.S9 View Post
    I play using powerline adapters, so both the ps4 and vita TV are plugged into the wall. I notice next to zero lag, not sure if this creates a personal lan or not but my internet upload speed is only 1mb, the fact I notice barely any lag at all is crazy.
    Can you explain this? you're using a vita tv to play PS4 games? or was that just to test that? I dunno, that whole idea seems so absurd to me. Why not just use the PS4 to play PS4 games?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    MILKnoCrackerz
    PSN
    ElPrivon

Can you explain this? you're using a vita tv to play PS4 games? or was that just to test that? I dunno, that whole idea seems so absurd to me. Why not just use the PS4 to play PS4 games?
    Because I keep my ps4 in my living room, but when it's occupied im shit out of luck, moving the ps4 back and forth was too much of a hassle when I wanted to play in my bedroom so the vita TV remedied that problem for me

The fact that I can now play some vita games etc on a TV is just icing on the cake, psp and ps1 games as well as video apps are nice to but I still have my original 60gig PS3 and hacked psp go so I was already covered on that end.

Main reason I got it was because it was cheaper than a second ps4 and more convenient than moving the ps4 i Already own between rooms everyday, only paid 75 dollars for mine after shipping and already had a bunch of memory cards lying around so figured why not and pulled the trigger.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Satoshi_Matrix

Ohh....yeah okay that makes a bit more sense.

When you said "both the ps4 and vita TV are plugged into the wall" I thought you meant they were plugged in right next to each other, which is why I was ultra confused.

The only way to play PS4 games even off the Vita TV is to use a PS4 controller right? So that means you need to reassign the controller from PS4 to Vita TV every time you switch? Or what? how does that work?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    MILKnoCrackerz
    PSN
    ElPrivon

Ohh....yeah okay that makes a bit more sense.

When you said "both the ps4 and vita TV are plugged into the wall" I thought you meant they were plugged in right next to each other, which is why I was ultra confused.

The only way to play PS4 games even off the Vita TV is to use a PS4 controller right? So that means you need to reassign the controller from PS4 to Vita TV every time you switch? Or what? how does that work?
    lol no my bad, I meant they're both hard wired for Internet into the wall, so no wifi at all for best results

And the ps TV can also use dualshock 3 controllers And any controller compatible with ps3, I'm using an Xbox razer onza controller via adapter on mine
    Last edited by LaughingMAN.S9; 11-05-2014 at 01:44 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Satoshi_Matrix

So you're baying the digital rental fee for PlayStation Now? to get PS3 games streamed from your PS4 to your Vita TV?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Vita TV/Playstation TV is fully capable of streaming PS4 titles with a Six Axis or Dual Shock 3, although presumably, a few games that use the touch pad won't work (Although I think there's a workaround with an on-screen pointer, isn't there?).
    Last edited by Leo_A; 11-05-2014 at 09:02 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

By the way, does this at least scale PSP games properly?

If I'm not mistaken, there's still no easy way to play a PSP game on a big-screen TV unless it happens to have just the right zoom mode, or unless you happen to have some painfully expensive scaler device of some sort.
    "There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge." --Bertrand Russel (attributed)