Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone buying Nintendo Amiibos?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Anyone buying Nintendo Amiibos?

Im definitely picking a few. first and foremost Peach then Yoshi, Link, Starfox, Pikachu, Zelda and Little Mac. Im mostly going to get them for collecting purposes. I'm still not sure what exactly these will all do. Anyone got any favorites if they do pick any?

Great Puma (Level 12) Niku-Sama's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

I might if I knew what they were for

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

They modify the game environment in whatever way they're coded to if you try them on a certain game. I imagine they could be used from anything like special suits, to tossing that guy into a game as a character to even just ripping off Disney Infinity and doing an entire game that expands with the more of them you have.

I'm tempted to buy a couple of them or so, just as desk toys, as I don't know if I'd want to bother carting them around to use on my 3DS or with the WiiU.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Some of them look really nice, I could see myself getting the Peach, Little Mac, Donkey Kong and Kirby ones just to have on a shelf or something.

Yoshi's Ned Flanders ski suit pose kind of creeps me out though.

hee ho Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    RadioSlug
    3DS Friend
    2019-9849-6245
    Steam
    icecreamstories

I might get my favorites just for decoration. Samus, Peach, Captain Falcon, Fox. I'm not too interested in their actual in-game function.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Zthun
    PSN
    Zthun
    Steam
    Zthun

Quote Originally Posted by fake View Post
    I might get my favorites just for decoration. Samus, Peach, Captain Falcon, Fox. I'm not too interested in their actual in-game function.
    Yeah, I have a shelf with my Skylanders that has extra empty space to fill out. I might pick up the first wave to fill the shelf for display as well. In-game function....nah.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    megasdkirby
    PSN
    megasdkirby

Not to create a topic of the same thing, but these amiibos are a bitch to find.

I really dont care for a complete set, just certain ones I like and want. But some are just unfairly hard to obtain, and i am not referring to the known "rare"/discontinued ones.

For instance, I have been trying to get the Dedede amiibo. No fucking luck. Now the Meta Knight one is a Fuck Buy exclusive...seriously?

Makes me want to stop amiibos all at once,
    Proud owner of a Neo 25 Neo Geo Candy Cab!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Excuse out of Nintendo yesterday was that supposedly on the west coast the teamster thug crybabies are forcing their union members not to collect a paycheck and in turn stuff isn't coming off the boats. So stuff in bigger boxes like consoles, handhelds, and amiibos that come in on boats are sitting to wait and offloaded very slowly. Anything slim and small (games) they're now flying in to keep up with demand.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    megasdkirby
    PSN
    megasdkirby

I hope this gets resolved soon. Though store exclusives are still a pain though.
    Proud owner of a Neo 25 Neo Geo Candy Cab!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Store exclusives are the worst. It's not fair to people who can't get to the store, or get there before someone on an odd schedule or out of work to snap them all up and ask a bundle moments later online. I've avoided the Amiibo because a strong mix of no game that I care to use them with, but also all the predatory purchasing around some of them as I don't wish to be a victim.

I know Mega Man is out there, but I've never seen it. I've seen Toon Link once, Bowser a few times, never seen the Villager or Trainer to give examples. I know they range from easy to nasty to get. We even have someone on this site in the commerce area wanting like triple for Mega Man which is just slimy. It's like brand new dude, buy it for yourself, not to fuck someone who couldn't get there first.

Pac-Man (Level 10) mailman187666's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

I'm not even messing with collecting amiibos. I already have atari-ps4 games that I collect. I draw the line at games only. If I get amiibos, it'll be to use in a game. I don't own one as of yet.

Insert Coin (Level 0) wizardofwor's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Larz 314
    PSN
    larz314

Exclamation

I want to get a few.....just out of curiousity. Some of them are already 'rare' and that intrests me. If you collect, you collect. :-)
    George Plimpton was right! But who the hell is George Plimpton???

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Never even paid them any mind. I assumed they're just figurines for kids and toy collectors.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

They basically are, but they're chipped so they'll do a little extra in some games. I imagine they probably could easily be all thrown together in some skylanders or infinity ripoff if Nintendo really wanted to cash in on some Capn N the Gamemaster like super world, but I doubt it when it's easier to be token stuff in existing titles as they're showing so far.

Administrator

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

I already have Link, Zelda, and Fox McCloud (Star Fox).

There was a retail price drop this week on Yoshi, Donkey Kong, and Princess "Peach" Toadstool to $10 from the usual $13. My guess is that Nintendo produced too many of these models due to preconceived ideas about their popularity which didn't match well with actual demand. Thus it is discounting them to clear up shelf space for newer or more popular models.

Also, Nintendo has been mentioning possibly releasing card-based versions of Amiibo at lower prices than the figure versions. We shall see.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I decided to see what's so special about the things and I found Mega Man and Toon Link at two different stores yesterday. I wasn't planning on it, but I had gone into one to see what Legos they had and they had the Toon Link statue on the shelf with no sticker or holder, it was the only one. Someone said a store down the street got Mega Man (which really was the one I wanted I mentioned in here before) so I went and snapped that up.

I haven't tried them in the 3DS Smash Bros yet, probably will eventually, but they make cool desk toys under my 2 work monitors. I really love the classic 8bit Mega Man look and his paint on that one is shiny and catches the light well.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

So I've pretty much got everyone except for Luigi as he is common and I am in no rush. Its been quite a journey getting these. I even got my friend into it and he's been helping me and actually gave me the ones I haven't seen at all. I had to get Shulk from Japan since its a Gamestop/EB Games exclusive. This new wave is going to be my greatest challenge yet. Luckily it will be warmer so it won't be bad getting them since its freezing out there. I'm pretty shocked to see the amount of older people hunting these things, the non scalpers I mean.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

That's one I'm thinking of getting depending on how it will affect the game, Shulk. I'll be getting that Xenoblade game in April and if the little character does some good bonuses for the game like unlocking extra gear, more quests, something meaty and not just crap fluff I'd get it.

I'm thinking eventually I'd probably grab the standing Mario to come, maybe Bowser, do want Samus and Starfox. Other than that I'm not entirely sure as I don't like the Link character as much as the Toon one, so that outs the others. I see no value in the rares like the Villager and Wii Fit Trainer at all, and I have no Fire Emblem games so those I have no reason to care for either. Stuff like Little Mac, Captain Falcon and Kirby along with Pikachu I'm not sure about either, same with the rest really.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I don't think most people expected these to be as successful as they have been so far. But unlike Skylanders and Disney Infinity characters, it seems that the majority of people are only purchasing Amiibos for collectible purposes and not actually opening them to use with compatible games. I haven't picked any up as I don't have any real interest in collecting these in the near future.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.

FPGA arm-based system Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    PSN
    bb_hood99

I was at Pax East last friday and there was a booth selling Amiibos. I dont know much about them, but they seemed to have some of the 'rarer' ones. They had 2 wii fit trainers, marth (I think), metaknight and some others I dont remember. The price sheet had them for like 50-60 bucks each. There was alot of people looking at them but I diddnt see anyone buying them. I think alot of people are buying them for collectible purposes, the price sheet said they have 'light damage' to packaging, but I diddnt notice any crushing or damage of any sort. So I guess the packaging is gonna be a big deal to the collectors out there.

I admit these are pretty cool. I want the Kirby one but I cant see myself collecting them since its just another money-pit.