Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast

Thread: Anyone buying Nintendo Amiibos?

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

With all the Animal Crossing amiibos being made, I'm hoping they'll make one of Tom Nook in his Nook's Cranny apron. That would bring my wanted amiibos up to two.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I just wish KK Slider wasn't in that pack with those annoying tailors. I'd buy that but right now if someone scalped it alone for an odd reason of not wanting it I'd think the premium would suck.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

I forgot they made amiibos for the Sable sisters. Maybe take my list up to three that I'd like.

Administrator

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JSoup View Post
    I forgot they made amiibos for the Sable sisters.
    Right on! Currently there is a figurine of Mabel and cards of Label and Sable.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanooki View Post
    I just wish KK Slider wasn't in that pack with those annoying tailors.
    ...They're not tailors. They run a second-hand shop called Re-Tail. They are a couple of dating alpacas named Reese and Cyrus. She sells the used goods and he is a handyman/carpenter type that can customize your furniture.

Quote Originally Posted by bb_hood View Post
    Anybody get Falco today? I went to best buy and they had them all dumped in a huge pile on the floor. They had the marths in the same way, they just dont care.
    I generally find Best Buys to be unsavory. Perhaps it is just the ones I've been to, but they seem unkempt and dirty with lots of marks on the floors and dirt smears on the walls. Not horrible, mind you, but noticeable if you look. And the demo units they have tend to be... icky to the touch. I'm not saying it is a dump, but you'd think they'd have more pride in their stores' look and feel. Plus the employees seem to know nothing about the sections in which they don't normally work. They don't have to be experts, but if I asked, let's say, where the 3DS games are in the video game section, or even where the video game section is, someone working in DVD's usually wouldn't be able to tell me. And nobody seems willing to stray from their section for long to help you find something in another. And, uh, even employees in their own section often don't know if they have something there or not.

By the way, which Best Buy was this where the Amiibo were dumped on the floor in piles?

Great Puma (Level 12) Niku-Sama's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

any one going to go hunting for the retro Mario amiibo at wally world on thanksgiving evening?
    i'll probably try for one, seeing as i'll be there 8:30pm to 4:30am that day any way. it'll be nice to add to my gold mario

celerystalker is a poindexter celerystalker's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Looks like most stores got a 1/2 shipper, half of which is Wii U/3DS games, the other half has the Amiibo. I don't remember the exact count, but I'm wanting to say it was about 25 of them in the shipper. Been prepping that stuff all week.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I haven't come across Falco but have seen Mewtwo at one TRU. Freaking ugly, Passed that one. Just want Falco and then I'm done till Rover is released Cute character

FPGA arm-based system Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    PSN
    bb_hood99

Quote Originally Posted by Nz17 View Post
    By the way, which Best Buy was this where the Amiibo were dumped on the floor in piles?
    The Best Buy in RI, there is only one. They were all just in a pile on the floor in the amiibo section.

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaKat View Post
    I haven't come across Falco but have seen Mewtwo at one TRU. Freaking ugly, Passed that one. Just want Falco and then I'm done till Rover is released Cute character
    I agree Mewtwo is pretty boring. I did buy one though.

Quote Originally Posted by Niku-Sama View Post
    any one going to go hunting for the retro Mario amiibo at wally world on thanksgiving evening?
    i'll probably try for one, seeing as i'll be there 8:30pm to 4:30am that day any way. it'll be nice to add to my gold mario
    I think Modern mario is going to be available for purchase on wal-mart website Thanksgiving evening as well.

Ike is going to be sold on black friday at GameStop, I will probably go and try to get one of him.
    Last edited by bb_hood; 11-21-2015 at 08:18 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    PSN
    bb_hood99

Modern Mario is up for sale now at Wal-Mart.com

Objection! Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Got Ike and Lucario today, because my husband is awesome.

And Gamestop is less than a mile away from us
    Serving the retrogaming community since March 2005

DP feedback: +47(!), no negatives
    can be found here: http://www.digitpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=66092

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    PSN
    bb_hood99

Does anyone else think its funny that many amiibos that were common a year ago are now considered 'rare' because they are all sold out? Toon Link, Donkey Kong, Samus, Mega Man, Kirby, Diddy Kong, all were very easy to get and were considered common for months. Now it seems everybody wants Donkey Kong, Kirby, Samus and Toon Link. Im surprised Nintendo still has not made any more of these, especially DK Kirby and Samus.

Also, does anyone else get the feeling that Nintendo produced way too many Animal Crossing amiibos? They keep going on sale, I think Mable and Tom Nook were available for like 5$ each shipped free with amazon. Ive never seen any of the Smash amiibos discounted that cheap. I also saw the 3 pack discounted. It seems like Nintendo thought the animal crossing amiibos would sell really well because the smash amiibos were so popular, and they made too many.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    megasdkirby
    PSN
    megasdkirby

Also, does anyone else get the feeling that Nintendo produced way too many Animal Crossing amiibos? They keep going on sale, I think Mable and Tom Nook were available for like 5$ each shipped free with amazon. Ive never seen any of the Smash amiibos discounted that cheap. I also saw the 3 pack discounted. It seems like Nintendo thought the animal crossing amiibos would sell really well because the smash amiibos were so popular, and they made too many.
    Yep, here as well. I think they might have underestimated the popularity of the new games.

I'm still surprised Nintendo doesn't sell them directly from their online store.
    Proud owner of a Neo 25 Neo Geo Candy Cab!

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Would anyone like to donate me Robin and Lucina amiibos? I hate amiibos it's a bunch of disc locked bs imo, but I'd really like to have all four Fire Emblem characters that are playable on Code Name Steam. It's a bit ridiculous if you think about how these amiibos don't do a damn thing in the newest Fire Emblem despite the fact that they also don't do jack shit in everything else. The Nintendo defenders like the retort how these things work in all sorts of games and that they're cosmetic only, but the Fire Emblem ones only work in two games and a new fucking character is anything but cosmetic, especially when they're completely different than the rest. It's $54 on disc dlc. Ridiculous.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

That Mega Man amiibo I found (with toon link) back when they came out finally paid off with the unlocks on that 3DS game and it appears to hard save it to the game which is nice, not just to the backup of progress.

As far as DK goes (and Pit) I've never seen them at retail a year ago or now, that's why I get miffed about it because I can find them online but I'm not paying a $10+ premium with price/shipping in there as it's crap. I figure I find them for $13-14 locally or screw it (or someone trades me fair MSRP value, not reseller garbage value which is how I got FOX.) Pikachu and Kirby I don't have, not a huge priority and I still see them at the store around here, just not in huge numbers like the Mario crew like they're special or something.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    PSN
    bb_hood99

Does the regular megaman amiibo do the exact same thing as the gold one?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yes, it does.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Yup like he said, it does. It's just a repaint to chump people into a limited edition perk much like Gold Mario.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    PSN
    bb_hood99

New Kirby game with a line of 4 new Amiibos? Awesome

Apparently you can scan any amiibo to give kirby different powers, thats pretty cool also.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

New Kirby game with a line of 4 new Amiibos? Awesome

Apparently you can scan any amiibo to give kirby different powers, thats pretty cool also.
    I was hoping for a BoxBoy 2 localization announcement, but new Kirby (with amiibo that I will buy because HAL) will do quite nicely. That was definitely the "shut up and take my rupees!" part of today's Direct.

The StarFox Zero "thank you for your patience because the extra few months helped us make this game awesome" bit was great too. Classic Arwing FTW

"Ai Oboete Imasu Ka?" Flashback2012's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tanooki View Post
    Yup like She said, it does. It's just a repaint to chump people into a limited edition perk much like Gold Mario.
    FTFY.

I figured we would have seen more Robin and Lucina ones with the release of the FE games. Then again I figured they might have put more out with the release of Codename STEAM. I'm still missing those two as well as regular Pit and Wii Fit Trainer.
    "Ai Oboete Imasu Ka?"