Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Anyone buying Nintendo Amiibos?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Looks like Nintendo stocked the 3 pack. Saw 4 when I picked mine up. A friend of mine said there at least 10 on the shelf. I remember seeing people putting on kijiji these for prices ranging from 70-120 on the first day....yeah okay.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Well I think Nintendo decided to put a thumb into the eye of the scalpers. The only ones who will have any luck at this rate will be for suckers who think you can't get one because of past history, or those who are so adamantly hating Gamestop they'd rather pay someone else. It seems to me the other stuff from that last wave was fairly well stocked if not overkill with the likes of Dr Mario. Hopefully once they get the earlier wave re-issues going and so on that'll finally put the abuses to bed and people can get what they want and need at RETAIL prices and at retail (or cheaper 2nd hand.)

FPGA arm-based system Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    PSN
    bb_hood99

Quote Originally Posted by Tanooki View Post
    Well I think Nintendo decided to put a thumb into the eye of the scalpers. The only ones who will have any luck at this rate will be for suckers who think you can't get one because of past history, or those who are so adamantly hating Gamestop they'd rather pay someone else. It seems to me the other stuff from that last wave was fairly well stocked if not overkill with the likes of Dr Mario. Hopefully once they get the earlier wave re-issues going and so on that'll finally put the abuses to bed and people can get what they want and need at RETAIL prices and at retail (or cheaper 2nd hand.)
    Everything from the last wave (except for the modern color mario) has been and is still readily available; online and in stores.
    People who bought any of the recent amiibos with hope of selling them for more will find that they wasted their time and money trying to do so.

Also might want to check or call Toys-r-us if you are looking for Little Mac and Captain Falcon. I picked up one of each today, the toys-r-us in my area got in 2 Captains and 16 Little Macs. If you go looking for these make sure and ask if you cant find them, my TRU store had them behind the counter and I had to ask for them. This is pretty nice since 1 guy cant buy all of them. TRU limits one character per person, but you can just keep walking in and out to buy multiples.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Hmm well it may already to be too late (just my luck if it is) but they closed 22min ago. I'll try tomorrow after they open, doubt they'd hold one so I"ll wait until I'm off.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    megasdkirby
    PSN
    megasdkirby

You guys are so lucky!

I dont have any luck with Toys R Us since it is too far away from where I live.

I need Little Mac...wish there was one locally.
    Proud owner of a Neo 25 Neo Geo Candy Cab!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I wish there's one locally too. I have a TRU about 3mi from here, and I know of another 20min away across town. When I'm off I have to go there anyway because I need to find an R2D2 Pez package my kid decided to tear open this morning which was meant as a gift and it came from there. So when I go in I'll look for Falcon and Mac, but I have no hopes because if they got there yesterday I'm sure the flipper trash already got them if they weren't in large supply. People around here mostly have enough common sense not to buy, snap a pic, and throw it on craigslist so it heads to ebay. Though on occasion you do find a loser, as there's one up there now with ZS Samus, Ganon and Olimar for $50.

EDIT FOR 9/30 -- AMIIBO Double Get! Only took what 10-11 months?
    Attachment 8307

Say hello to Captain Falcon and Little Mac. Now I just need to track down Pit, but first to get them out of these plastic coffins.

Toys R Us are being restocked. I was coming home from my once a month wednesday meeting and called, they were unboxing so I turned a bit around and went there. They had on the floor basically 8 of everything and many more in non-descript cardboard boxes without names on them and the classic Nintendo box font for part numbers without their name on it stacked up behind their and on top of their counter with the registers.

Fox, Little Mac, Captain Falcon, the rare Pokemons, Villager due later this week and I think he said the trainer too, Pit is not known when/if it will. The other recent stuff from the newest wave including 8bit Mario were well restocked too. I've never seen the shelf that full of variety+quantity.
    Last edited by Tanooki; 09-30-2015 at 11:27 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    PSN
    bb_hood99

For those that dont know, BestBuy locations are being stocked with alot of the rarer amiibos, Marth, Falcon, Lucario, Shulk, Greninja, Little Mac, Dark Pit, Charizard.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I saw that it's been happening all week through a site I randomly check, very impressive and yet also sad it took NOA this long to get a clue. I wish I knew why they didn't include Pit, Villager or Wii Fit Trainer in there as they're problems too from the first generation of those things.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bb_hood View Post
    For those that dont know, BestBuy locations are being stocked with alot of the rarer amiibos, Marth, Falcon, Lucario, Shulk, Greninja, Little Mac, Dark Pit, Charizard.
    That's what I came here to say because I worked in two Best Buy's this week and both are well stocked with many of the older amiibo's. And if anyone isn't near a Best Buy you can also check out their website but if you can make it to a store they have a ton of new older amiibo's they just put out.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.

Objection! Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Picked up over the last week or so:

Zero Suit Samus
    Ganondorf
    Fox
    Captain Falcon
    Little Mac
    Greninja (!)

and Chibi-Robo bundle (the game is actually quite good - only real gripe is everyone else's gripe: the Wheel of Levels).

Local TRU had 6 Greninja, 9 Fox, 4 Little Mac, and 6 Falcon left after the 1 of each we picked up today.
    Serving the retrogaming community since March 2005

DP feedback: +47(!), no negatives
    can be found here: http://www.digitpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=66092

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Wheel of levels? I was strongly considering getting CHibi Robo for 3DS.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The "Destination Wheel" chooses what level you go to next after completing a level, depending on your spin. This can be annoying when you just want to go to the next stage, but keep landing on "2" or "3". However, if you missed stuff, going back to a level you've completed isn't so bad.

When you beat an area boss, you can replay levels at your own discretion. This was a major gripe among reviewers, and the main reason why Chibi-Robo got the average-to-slightly-above-average reviews it did.

*back on topic*

Having found some of the less common amiibo locally, I can try to help the next time I make it to Toys R Us.

(Side note: https://teespring.com/thank-you-iwata <---seeing me wearing this shirt almost made the guy at TRU cry.)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    megasdkirby
    PSN
    megasdkirby

BestBuy has Falco on preorder now:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/nintendo...OAnp77XC6hPhOG

Also saw this...don't know if it's true, though:

"Nov 1- Mii 3-pack, Toys R Us Exclusive 34.99
    Nov 8- Villager restock, Toys R Us Exclusive 13.99
    Nov 13- Mewtwo, (no exclusivity stated as of this post) 12.99
    Nov 15- Mega Yarn Yoshi, Toys R Us Exclusive MSRP 39.99 (TRU price may be 45, pending final price)
    Nov 20- Falco, Best Buy Exclusive(Pre orders open as of this post) 12.99"
    Last edited by megasdkirby; 10-13-2015 at 02:23 PM.

Great Puma (Level 12) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Went into a Best Buy yesterday to get Chibi-Robo: Zip Lash. They had a ton of Amiibo. Lots of Greninjas, Captain Falcons, Marths, and Little Macs. I remembered those because I remember how hard to find that they were. On another note, Zip Lash isn't sold with the regular games, it's sold by the amiibo. So maybe it means better sales? IMO, it's the best Chibi Robo game even if the Amiibo adds basically nothing to it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    megasdkirby
    PSN
    megasdkirby

Damn, Little Mac. I need that one too. I wish those stores were closer to where I live and not an insane amount of miles away...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    PSN
    bb_hood99

Quote Originally Posted by megasdkirby View Post
    Damn, Little Mac. I need that one too. I wish those stores were closer to where I live and not an insane amount of miles away...
    I can check Best Buy again, Im going there probably tomorrow to return something. I was there on Friday and they had all of the recent restock amiibos except for mac and lucario.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Went to Best Buy and picked up Fox and Toad today. They had a lot of restocks, including Marth, Charizard, Lucario, Greninja, and a couple of others.

By the way, someone was complaining about the art quality of Amiibo figures once. I rather like how they look. The cards, on the other hand... well, see for yourself.

Those eyes!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    PSN
    bb_hood99

Quote Originally Posted by BetaWolf View Post
    Went to Best Buy and picked up Fox and Toad today. They had a lot of restocks, including Marth, Charizard, Lucario, Greninja, and a couple of others.

By the way, someone was complaining about the art quality of Amiibo figures once. I rather like how they look. The cards, on the other hand... well, see for yourself.

Those eyes!
    I have noticed on some of the recent repritned amiibos, the paint jobs are kinda sloppy on certain figures. I bought a greninja that Im going to return or exchange because I diddnt notice how messy it looked when I bought it. Also the last time I was at best buy they had like 4 or 5 Captain Falcons left and all of them were really messy. I would have bought one if they had been nicer. I also picked up another charizard and the paint on his belly is not perfect.
    Last edited by bb_hood; 10-14-2015 at 03:08 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I think all of the ones I've picked up so far have looked pretty nice, but then again, I have none of the Fire Emblem characters...

Just a random thought here, but how are all of you storing your amiibo figures when you're not using them? Do you keep them on a shelf, in a container, or...?

My husband is big into card and board games as well, and I found by accident that large trading card boxes are great for amiibo storage.

One of these boxes (link: http://www.trollandtoad.com/p108698.html) can hold 24-30 amiibo. Large trading card boxes are about $4-5. Not a bad investment considering specialized "amiiboxes" are a good bit more than that. You can even draw on the lid, or have an artistically inclined friend or family member do it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    megasdkirby
    PSN
    megasdkirby

A Facebook user recommended using this for protection...but those plastics yellow with age. Still better than nothing, though.

http://www.retroprotection.com/product.sc?productId=283