Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone buying Nintendo Amiibos?

Objection! Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'll pick up an amiibo if they're available and I either don't have it and am genuinely interested in the character, or if it's to help someone out.

I did get a Ness today from the friendly close-to-home Gamestop. That was nice.

I haven't decided if he will join the team next to my Wii U, or if I want Lucina more...
    Serving the retrogaming community since March 2005

DP feedback: +47(!), no negatives
    can be found here: http://www.digitpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=66092

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Has anyone read the news that Dark Pit is Best Buy exclusive and Pautlena is Amazon exclusive....fucking Amazon exclusive. Umreal. So unless you have no job or are very lucky you would have to pay a scalper. This exclusive bullshit is well...bullshit. Fuck Nintendo Luckily I bought imports and got those two and Zero Suit Samus and Ganondorf. Has anyone seen Charizard and Wario in the wild? All I see is Pac Man, Pac Man and more Pac Man. I'd never thought those two would be scarce.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

By the way if anyone has a spare Lucina I'd love to take it off your hands.

FPGA arm-based system Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    PSN
    bb_hood99

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroCool View Post
    Has anyone read the news that Dark Pit is Best Buy exclusive and Pautlena is Amazon exclusive....fucking Amazon exclusive. Umreal. So unless you have no job or are very lucky you would have to pay a scalper. This exclusive bullshit is well...bullshit. Fuck Nintendo Luckily I bought imports and got those two and Zero Suit Samus and Ganondorf. Has anyone seen Charizard and Wario in the wild? All I see is Pac Man, Pac Man and more Pac Man. I'd never thought those two would be scarce.
    I dont think it will be super difficult to get Palutena & Dark Pit. With Palutena, Amazon is limiting it to one per address so people cant buy a million of them. Plus I think because its Amazon they will have a decent amount on day one. Im sure she will sell out but not in 2 minutes like Jigglypuff. If you cant get her day one I wouldnt rush to get it from a scalper.
    With Dark Pit, I read that each target is getting 100 D.P. each. Again these will sell out but if you show up on the release date you can probably get one without standing in line for an hour.
    I think the NO Pre-order thing is great, but I do think this 'exclusive' stuff is bullshit.

I had some ebay bucks and bought a Japanese Palutena, but of course the shipping box got totally crushed in the mail. This is the last amiibo I buy on ebay, thats for sure. The figure itself was not impressive. The details were not done well, which is a shame. The face was ok but everything else was just messy. There was also 2 big black dots on the front of her white dress. It looked like she spilled coffee on herself. Im wondering if the Palutenas that get shipped to North America will be nicer than this one. I only have one other amiibo with sloppy paint/details, and thats Fox.

Never saw Charizard, and the only time I saw Wario was on release day at Toys-r-us. I think everybody though these 2 would be easy to find so everybody was struggling to get Ness, Lucina and Robin instead. The Wario amiibo is pretty awesome, hes one of my favorites.
    Pac-Man is really easy to find right now, I think that probably because hes just not as popular as the others. The Toys-r-us near me has been fully stocked with Pac-Mans for over a month now. When Toys-r-us got restocked with Toad last month, they all sold out in less than 2 days.
    Last edited by bb_hood; 07-15-2015 at 02:29 PM.

Great Puma (Level 12) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

I have a Splatoon 3-pack and Meta Knight amiibo that I'm terrified to open. Fuck all of this scalping BS.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    PSN
    bb_hood99

I wouldnt open the Splatoon 3-pak. I think nintendo discontinued that one. They are re-releasing the 3 figures with seperate packaging for NA but thats probably it for the 3-pak.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Really? I saw like 6 or 7 one time at Toys R Us

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

If you don't care about trolling people for money open it. They're just Amiibo and mass produced and will be even more so as time goes along. I've seen Wario once, when I was out in CA for about 2 weeks at a Frys, but never elsewhere and not in my state, just like I've just once seen Dedede at Meijer here and never again in town.

I think if you're not a box nut and just want to display or use them, buy from out of the country so you don't get screwed, and better yet, buy them open box. I've never seen Charizard, would like to find one though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    PSN
    bb_hood99

Gamestock restopped with ness, charizard, & wario today.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Thanks dude, Gamestop got one in, holding it for me so I'm going to grab it. That knocks one more annoyance off my list.

...and back, box in the trash, and on my desk. Thanks. Mine got 1 Charizard, 1 Wario, and 2 Toad according to them when I came in.
    Last edited by Tanooki; 07-17-2015 at 05:16 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    PSN
    bb_hood99

No problem.
    These are still up at Gamestop.com. The stores seemed to get one or two each.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    megasdkirby
    PSN
    megasdkirby

Missed out on it.

I hate my life.
    Proud owner of a Neo 25 Neo Geo Candy Cab!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Now back to just being annoyed about Captain Falcon, Fox, Lil Mac, and Pit -- until the wave with 8bit Mario, ROB, Duck Hunt and so on drop as you know the flippers will be out in force with a selection like that wave and close enough to Christmas where they can scrape up even more from someone christmas shopping desperate.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

I am getting Mr. Game and Watch, Dr. Mario, and 8-bit Mario and taking them all out of the box. I don't care. Especially the very first one, he's actually special because you can change the "figurine" on top because it's still 2D. I guess they did that because making one mold cost a fourth of what it does for a standard Amiibo.

Also, the Chibi-Robo one.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    megasdkirby
    PSN
    megasdkirby

Quote Originally Posted by Tupin View Post
    I am getting Mr. Game and Watch, Dr. Mario, and 8-bit Mario and taking them all out of the box. I don't care. Especially the very first one, he's actually special because you can change the "figurine" on top because it's still 2D. I guess they did that because making one mold cost a fourth of what it does for a standard Amiibo.

Also, the Chibi-Robo one.
    When is this wave arriving?
    Proud owner of a Neo 25 Neo Geo Candy Cab!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I think they're like September/October, somewhere in there. That's why I snarked they're just in time for the crooks to gobble up everything to get a real high premium for the Christmas shoppers they'll be lining up to screw who can't find them for their kids or themselves. It happens every year with some hot item, game consoles, the tickle me elmo death stampedes, etc. Scumbags age but the tactics don't change, just the approach to it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Dr, Mario doesn't look interesting. Bowser Jr looks pretty neat, Olimar looks cute but I don't really care to get it. All in all these three look lackluster. Dark Pit and Pautlena and the other two look cool. I might pick those if I can get them.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

In live in Germany now.
    When new amiibo's come out i walk to the store late in the afternoon and buy them. I also see many others.

Americans have late release dates and store exclusives. WTF

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Store exclusives are going to be the shitty legacy of Amiibo. Well, that and keeping Nintendo afloat during a tumultuous time in their company history.

I still laugh whenever I walk by the Amiibo section in any store: full of Luigi. I've seen stores sold out of every Amiibo but him, and they have 20+ Luigis in stock. I think Luigi might actually be more common than Mario simply because no one wants him.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Luigi is like the ginger of the group, unloved and ripped on. Even the year of luigi didnt help his image other than to make one expensive 3 figures trophy they only make 5K of.