FPGA arm-based system Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    PSN
    bb_hood99

Quote Originally Posted by Tanooki View Post
    I thought 8bit Mario was sold on its own. Various sites seem to have some image/place holder art in the usual packing that would make me think it does. If that's a system pack-in I'm not even bothering as those farming em out will rip people off blind on it.
    There are 2 different ones. The modern colored one is bundled in a wii-u package, the classic color version is sold on its own.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Ahh that's what you meant. I've got no issue, the red/brown is the one I want anyway since that's how I was introduced to SMB back in 1985 at Christmas.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I got a Modern 8 bit one on its own. i really wanted the green/brown one since it was what I started as well. It was sold out at EB Games and Walmart. Hopefully it isn't rare. Good job on the 3 Pack Splatoon, I thought they were discontinued as well.

Objection! Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Managed to grab Olimar yesterday with my Super Mario Maker. FLGS (Friendly Local GameStop) manager stated poor Olimar got "no love", but the other wave 5b amiibo were gone long before I got off work (with 8-bit Mario gone about an hour after the FLGS opened).
    Serving the retrogaming community since March 2005

DP feedback: +47(!), no negatives
    can be found here: http://www.digitpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=66092

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    PSN
    bb_hood99

Quote Originally Posted by Sailorneorune View Post
    Managed to grab Olimar yesterday with my Super Mario Maker. FLGS (Friendly Local GameStop) manager stated poor Olimar got "no love", but the other wave 5b amiibo were gone long before I got off work (with 8-bit Mario gone about an hour after the FLGS opened).
    Yeah I find that puzzling, I think Olimar is one of the coolest amiibos. He is the only one not sold out and he is still available on Amazon and Gamestop.com.
    Well, besides Dr. Mario who is still for sale on Target's website.
    Last edited by bb_hood; 09-12-2015 at 07:53 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    PSN
    bb_hood99

So apparently Toys-r-us is getting restocks of Villager, Captain Falcon, Little Mac, and Lucario. Awesome.
    Looks like they are getting in a ton of Villagers

and fox
    Last edited by bb_hood; 09-17-2015 at 08:17 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Well that's 2 of the 3 I'm still missing...and Falcon according to a site I bookmarked no one has had in a long time. If that's true it will be a quickly over ugly feeding frenzy that'll fuel even more ebay price abuse shortly there after I imagine.

I hope i'm around to hear when they pop. Lil Mac is #1 on my list from those you wrote, Pit though I'd take over both in order.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Toys R US had a bunch of Bowser Jrs. they also had a Lucario which I took, 2 Villagers and one falcon. That was the first time I've ever seen a Falcon in the wild. I'm glad Nintendo is finally sending more stock of these.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Well something I read said look in stores tomorrow at Target for some restocks of certain ones from this most recent wave. I have to pick the kid up tomorrow from school and if she was good get lunch out, but on the way back there's a Target so I may just roll in and see if I can get a classic Mario.

I have no hope personally of ever seeing Lil Mac, Pit or Captain Falcon anymore even if I do bring them up. I am not in a position where I can drop what i'm doing and go to various stores as the doors open or shortly after around 9-10am during the week or I'll end up canned and some little bits of plastic aren't worth a job. It infuriates me I can't just find them at stores while others can, and usually when they do, they're up on ebay, amazon, craigslist or elsewhere for some shitty scummy sum that isn't retail or even near it. If it wasn't for the principle of the matter I'd just import the fuckers from Japan or Europe, but even loose they're still up there enough it's like paying one of these local pricks so I feel trapped and I'm sure I'm not alone in that sentiment.

It's a shame Gamestop won't take a pre-payment in the system or any store that carries them for that matter so when one arrives, its held. I loathe preorder but to put this crap to bed I'd do it.

If anyone sees one of those 3 and doesn't need it for themselves, feel free to let me know on here (as I don't wish to post my email public for spam abuse) and if I haven't got one yet I'll compensate you for the thing. They retail for $13, with tax no more than $14. I don't give a crap about the box, it could go in a bubble bag with a little bubble around it for like $2.50-3 due to the weight. I'll do $20 flat per each I don't have.
    Last edited by Tanooki; 09-17-2015 at 10:03 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

So I may be able to buy the figures I missed out at retail, assuming they aren't sub-par second wave like I heard the Marth reprint was.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tanooki View Post

If anyone sees one of those 3 and doesn't need it for themselves, feel free to let me know on here (as I don't wish to post my email public for spam abuse) and if I haven't got one yet I'll compensate you for the thing. They retail for $13, with tax no more than $14. I don't give a crap about the box, it could go in a bubble bag with a little bubble around it for like $2.50-3 due to the weight. I'll do $20 flat per each I don't have.
    If I knew I would of picked the Falcon. Its probably on Kijiji or something. Hopefully another pops up.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gentlegamer View Post
    So I may be able to buy the figures I missed out at retail, assuming they aren't sub-par second wave like I heard the Marth reprint was.
    I saw that rumor and really what I saw wasn't much so I think if investment isn't a motive it shouldn't be an issue.

16-bits, yo Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bb_hood View Post
    I wouldnt worry about Dr. Mario, Target is getting a massive amount of him:
    I was wondering why they had dozens of that guy (a whole separate shelving area from the other Amiibos was stocked with JUST Dr. M, in addition to a few in the regular section as well) in Target on Wednesday when I was out looking for some Transformers (success, found Hot Spot and finished up Defensor!). I've never seen so many of one particular Amiibo character at once before.

"Ai Oboete Imasu Ka?" Flashback2012's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I found a Splatoon 3-Pack at Toys R Us today. They had three of them and my roommates who were there earlier in the day picked one up for me. I went later in the evening and met up with my cousin who was looking for his cousin on his mom's side (no relation to me ). The last one was snagged up by a woman who was there when I came in. She asked if it was a TRU exclusive and I said no but she noticed how quick I picked it up so she snagged the last one for herself or whomever.

No Villagers to be had that I could see. I figure they'll get a bunch of those when it gets closer to the Animal Crossing release.
    "Ai Oboete Imasu Ka?"

Administrator

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

Anyone besides me picking up Amiibo stuff on Friday? 9/25 there will be the retro 3-pack (R.O.B., Duck Hunt, and Mr. Game & Watch), the NFC Reader/Writer Accessory for 3DS & 2DS (for using Amiibo with the non-New 3DS's), and Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer (both the game and the Amiibo Animal Crossing cards).

Retro 3-pack: $35
    NFC Reader/Writer Accessory: $20
    Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer: $40
    Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer cards: 6 for $6
    Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer bundle (NFC accessory plus game): $50
    Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer console bundle (New 3DS plus game): $220

Keep in mind, that last bundle is for the New 3DS, not the New 3DS XL, so if you've been waiting for the smaller New 3DS with the interchangeable face-plates and colorful buttons, then there you go!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I've got a preorder on the Duck Hunt 3 pack, lost my receipt though but I'm sure they can look it up as I have no idea what happened to it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    PSN
    bb_hood99

I got my retro 3 pack the other day, and its really awesome. The package is larger than the splatoon 3 pack. Wicked badass!

I was at toys-r-us today to sell something to a craigslist buyer, and I checked out the amiibos to see if they have been restocked yet. Nothing yet, although the space they had allocated for amiibos was cut in half and is now being taken over by a bunch of those coleco/intellivision/sega genesis plug-and-play systems.
    I was like 'what is this crap, where is little mac and captain falcon??'.

Objection! Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Picked up my Retro 3-pack and NFC reader yesterday. Planning to test the NFC reader by making a Meta Knight Figure Player.

I wish there was a good place to put the unused Game & Watch standee parts... they're now in a Ziploc bag by the other amiibo. ROB looks pretty cool, though.
    Serving the retrogaming community since March 2005

DP feedback: +47(!), no negatives
    can be found here: http://www.digitpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=66092

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I got mine too the day they hit and I love the detailing, especially on the ROB as it's so teeny but you can actually read the whole ROB - Robotic Operating Buddy on there which was smile worthy. My solution for the G&W guy was easy, I kept the plastic tray the other pieces were in and threw it in my top desk drawer along the side of it so it's out of the way. That box was pretty big, satisfying finally having it to tear open and put those 3 on my desk finally. I think other than Chibi Robo if I bother and not just get the game alone (if that, want to see reviews from owners first) I'm caught up other than the wave 1 disappointments.

And on that I hadn't seen any of them in my TRU either, and my area too has those AT Games systems to the left, but that 20% of the full length of the shelf space already wasn't amiibo so there were no cuts. The spill over was on the wall opposite stacked up like 4 high vs the 1/2 height stuff they use not along the walls.

One day is all I can say. One day we who refuse to buckle to scalpers will get those hard to find original amiibo one way or the other. It may take a week, a month, even a year if the fury dies down eventually but they'll be had and at retail or less.

The exception is if someone finds Falcon, Pit or Lil Mac before me and can grab one I'll pay $20 for your cost, tax, gas, time and you can pitch the box and shove it in a bubble bag to keep it within first class mail standards.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I hope I never find the ROB amiibo in the wild. I don't want to collect more plastic crap, but that would be so, so tempting.