Thread: Requesting recommendations of Android games (that are available at Amazon.com)

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    MasquedWarrior
    PSN
    MasquedWarrior
    Steam
    MasquedWarrior

Default Requesting recommendations of Android games (that are available at Amazon.com)

I have $10 of promotional credit on my Amazon account, to be spent on Android apps and/or in-app purchases. I plan on buying a game, but I don’t know what to get. Most of the few Android games that I’ve heard of are not available at Amazon. Many of the games that are available appear to be part of the ongoing “pay-to-win” racket! So I was wondering, does anyone here have any recommendations for games available at Amazon that I could spend my credit on? (Preferably ones that do not support in-app purchases.)

Also, if the game is a port of a game that was originally released for a platform that used a controller/joystick/keyboard, it must support Bluetooth controllers/keyboards. Trying to play Carmageddon with a touchscreen (on my iPhone) was not a fun experience at all!

Thanks!
    Last edited by Masquarr; 10-30-2014 at 12:36 AM.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm a big fan of Android games since I own an Nvidia Shield Portable and a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2. I would suggest starting with the classics if they're available on Amazon (I use Google Play). I own ports of Crazy Taxi, Final Fantasy III, Grand Theft Auto III, Vice City and San Andreas, Soul Calibur, Jet Set Radio, Virtua Tennis, King of the Fighters 98 and Samurai Shodown II, again, all bought from Google Play, so I don't know if they're on Amazon. There are also several independent releases that I enjoy such as Busted (think Crazy Taxi combined with an endless runner mechanic), Canabalt (the first endless runner most people think of), Pew-Pew (a derivative of Geometry Wars) and Dead Trigger (a first-person shooter). I don't know if you are playing on a phone or on a tablet, but I prefer a Bluetooth controller paired up with either of the devices that I own than the touchscreen itself.
    Currently catching up on PSN, WiiWare, Wii U E-Shop and Xbox Live Arcade exclusives I missed.

Administrator

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

Let's go through some of what I have. Most of these were gotten through Amazon.com as part of its "Free App of the Day" program which is open to everyone. I'll put a + by the best ones, and a - by the... not so good ones.

Sonic The Hedgehog "Remastered" (2013) + (these remastered classic Sonic games support Bluetooth controllers as far as I remember)
    Plants vs. Zombies + (but out of date and lacking features & modes compared to its Windows version)
    Wreck-It Ralph + (five games for 99˘, some 2D, some 3D)
    ChuChu Rocket! +
    Super Monkey Ball 2: Sakura Edition - (Using tilt controls on this with a tablet is madness. It would be better with a separate controller, but I don't know if it supports them.)
    Cut the Rope
    Sonic Jump
    Velocispider (a nice neon {and somewhat funny} Space Invaders alike)
    Continuity 2 + (a nice brain bender where you slide parts of levels as tiles to complete platformer levels)
    Super Stickman Golf +
    ZOOKEEPER DX (like Zooo/Zookeeper for GBA and DS - think Bejeweled with animals)
    Tetris + (the older one by EA - it's excellent)
    Gravity Guy +
    EDGE EX
    EDGE
    Toki Tori
    Anomaly: Warzone Earth
    Osmos
    World of Goo
    Bard's Tale, The
    Worms 2: Armageddon
    Zaxxon Escape (uses tilt, in-app purchases are optional, it's better for phones, nice 3D graphics, don't know about controller support)
    Sonic CD "Remastered" +
    Virtua Tennis Challenge
    Sonic The Hedgehog 2 "Remastered" (2013) +
    Anka
    Dungeon Scroll Gold Edition + (spell words from letter sets with power-ups to defeat monsters)
    Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing - (basically the same as the DS version)
    Sorcery! (tabletop RPG)
    Luxor HD
    Symphony of Eternity (good RPG, haven't played much)
    Dark Guardians (moody endless runner)
    Simon the Sorcerer: 20th Anniversary Edition + (classic point'n'click adventure)
    Gobliiins Trilogy + (classic puzzle & exploration screen-by-screen game)
    Sonic The Hedgehog 4 Episode I -
    Unpossible
    Devil's Attorney (funny and stylistic)

Many of these I haven't played much, but some I have. They were either games I know are good from playing them before on other systems (mainly ports of older games), or they have high productions values, or I just haven't installed them because of how much space they require. But pretty much anything with a + is good to go, and you should try many of those without a + or -. By the way, I recommend a microSD card for app storage if you are going to play a lot of games on Android. You'll need one eventually or you'll have to keep uninstalling games to install new ones.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Sine Mora is a pretty good shooter.