Thread: Digital only to limited edition retail releases.

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Default Digital only to limited edition retail releases.

Digital only is the big trend now days, but after Retro City Rampage DX, I'm hoping this interests other developers to release atleast a limited retail release or a compilation of these games on a single disc. Is anyone else hoping to see more of these? What games are you interested in?

Here's the ones I'd be interested in purchasing at retail.

-Revolver Games Hotline Miami 1 and 2.
    -Zeboyd Games Breath of Death 7, Cthulu Saves the World, Penny Arcade On the Rain Slicked Precipice of Darkness 3 and 4.
    -One Way Heroics(would like this to be released for PS4 and included in some indie game compilation disc. Costs $3.49 so I kind of doubt it.)
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

It has been done before but with a more mass release like Duck Tales Remastered or the Journey collection which had Flow and Flower with some mini games on there too to install on a PS3. I know for certain if there was a game I'd definitely want and I heard they were considering or will release a physical release too, or later on...I'd wait and get the real version so it stays real. I know Terraria is another one that was a steam release, but now it's on GoG which you can keep a copy of and also PS3 and shortly PS4 too and Minecraft fits that as well.

If something like Mighty No9 or Shovel Knight got put on a disc with a little manual and box I'd be all over it but beyond that I'd have to think about it.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Indie Box has started doing this, but so far it's PC/MAC/Linux only. Honestly, I have passed on most of their releases as there are some games even as a collector I can't justify paying $20+ to own even with a box and some swag. I was disappointed to see that Minecraft for the Vita is just a code in case rather than an actual game cart and the new Lara Croft will also be a case only with code for PS4, although oddly there is a gold edition without any code or game, but some game related physical items.