Quote Originally Posted by Daria View Post
I'm planning on leaving mine sealed for the time being. I'm pretty certain that the Turbo Cd is capable of playing buys - all those old systems were.
Yeah, they do. I'm not a sealed collector, but I like it when I get a good deal on one... and then I always end up agonizing as to whether I should open them or not when I'm ready to play. On one hand, it unnecessarily kills the value the seal brings, and sealed games look cool. If I want to play, I could burn the disc like you said, or I could sell it, buy a used copy, and make a profit. On the other, I enjoy tearing off the wrapper and leafing through all of the box's contents for nostalgia's sake. I guess you could equate it to a wine or scotch enthusiast opening an old bottle for a special occasion instead of a cheaper, close enough alternative. When I do open one, I generally do it to celebrate something or to add something to a time hanging out with someone. For example, a couple of years ago my brother was visiting, and we don't get the chance to hang out just the two of us anymore. So, we opened my sealed copy of Immercenary on 3DO. We looked up EA's addredd and sent in the 15 year old comment card as a laugh. We never heard back, but it was funny to think about some EA employee bewildered by why the hell that card was coming across their fingers, and made for a fun memory for us.