Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Street Fighter 5 - Exclusive to PS4 and PC - Not coming to Xbox One

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'd be happy with half the SF3 cast, a few alpha characters and and at least 4 new dudes. Not too thrilled with the art style, but I guess the days of hand-drawn 2-d are long gone

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by calgon View Post
    I'd be happy with half the SF3 cast, a few alpha characters and and at least 4 new dudes. Not too thrilled with the art style, but I guess the days of hand-drawn 2-d are long gone
    I don't think much of the art style either,to bad capcom couldn't do it like how arc systems does.If you seen the recent gulity gear xrd they use cell shading to give it a hand drawn look.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Tron 2.0 View Post
    I take it,you wish all those games you list were in one big physical compilation to begin with.
    That would be the ideal situation, but a few of them like Okami HD could make a go as a standalone product at retail if priced appropriately (Say $20-$30).

It's not really their price points keeping me away as much as the fact that I don't much see the sense in buying a remastered HD version of something I already own in physical form. But put it on a disc and I'd even be willing to pay a a reasonable premium over the download price.
    Last edited by Leo_A; 12-13-2014 at 09:11 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    PSN
    Parallax-Scroll

First Street Fighter V gameplay:

[720p 60FPS video]

Last edited by parallaxscroll; 12-14-2014 at 10:06 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    PSN
    Parallax-Scroll

Extended Cut gameplay trailer with Charlie teaser at the end.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Ok that was impressive watching those 2 full matches, ramen head of all things too! That Charlie bit that one confuses me. I dont' remember the history as I used to but he was in Alpha which was pre-SF2 and so on, and I thought he either died or went missing. But then you see him here yet he has some glowing oval on his forehead...cyborg? I have to admit I'm intrigued, but SF4 was a total put off because of the wacked out totally inbalanced difficulty scaling from levels 4-max on it where it was just not a good game unless you played other people. I hope this one throws back to the SF2/3/Alpha period where it increased per match, not kicks you in the balls 1/2 through the run and plays psychic input reader and beats your ass mid-motion more often than not.

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well I guess the PS4 version is stuck at 720P. Next generation my ass. I guess I will pick up the PC version after all is said and done.
    Cool people I have bought stuff from on this board: orrimarrko kyosuke75 dave2236 video_game_addict cloudstrife29661 NESCollector75

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kai123 View Post
    Well I guess the PS4 version is stuck at 720P. Next generation my ass. I guess I will pick up the PC version after all is said and done.
    Where did you hear that?
    New Comics for the Week of 10-03-12

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by The Adventurer View Post
    Where did you hear that?
    Some of the videos are 1080P some are 720P. It seems some people are converting the 720P videos to 1080P. I really don't know for sure but it wouldn't surprise me.
    Cool people I have bought stuff from on this board: orrimarrko kyosuke75 dave2236 video_game_addict cloudstrife29661 NESCollector75

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kai123 View Post
    Some of the videos are 1080P some are 720P. It seems some people are converting the 720P videos to 1080P. I really don't know for sure but it wouldn't surprise me.
    So you don't actually have any evidence of this being fact. Youtube recordings is not evidence, since there are a ton of factors that affect the upload quality of videos.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    PSN
    Parallax-Scroll

SFV will be native 1080p on PS4. The lion's share of PS4 games are native 1080p.

Capcom doesn't have to worry about Xbox One.

Just PS4 and PCs.

Xbox One GPU: 16 Raster Operation Processors (ROPs) x GPU clock 853 MHz = 13,600 Mpixels/sec (13.6 Billion) fillrate.

PS4 GPU: 32 ROPs x GPU clock 800 MHz = 25,600 Mpixels/sec (25.6 Billion) fillrate.

XBone isn't getting Street Fighter V. It's not a timed PS4 / PC exclusive. The only console getting it is PS4.
    Not Xbox 360, not PS3, not Wii U, not Nintendo's next-gen console that's been in development for 2+ years, and not Xbox One.

Don't worry about PS4's Street Fighter V resolution. It'll be 1080p @ 60 FPS.
    Last edited by parallaxscroll; 12-15-2014 at 05:25 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I never looked into it but I heard that before, but that gap in the pixel rate is pretty bad for MS at least but I think even worse for Sony because anything that's ported has a good chance of being crippled to work with the inferior hardware limitation the One imposes. Good call on them for cutting the weak link out of the mix.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    PSN
    Parallax-Scroll

For those that want a really high quality version of the [extended] gameplay trailer, Gamersyde has you covered.

http://www.gamersyde.com/news_sfv_ex...-16137_en.html

http://www.gamersyde.com/download_st...-33785_en.html

It's a hefty download though, 630 MB. Absolutely worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanooki View Post
    I never looked into it but I heard that before, but that gap in the pixel rate is pretty bad for MS at least but I think even worse for Sony because anything that's ported has a good chance of being crippled to work with the inferior hardware limitation the One imposes. Good call on them for cutting the weak link out of the mix.
    Yeah, PS4 GPU has 32 ROPs - XBO GPU has 16 ROPs. So PS4 has almost twice the fillrate.
    That's a bigger difference than the gap in GPU FLOPS performance which is only like ~40% in favor of PS4. (1.84 TFLOPs vs 1.31 TFLOPs).

Only reason PS4 doesn't have exactly twice the pixel fillrate is the difference in GPU clockspeeds. Xbox One GPU runs 53 MHz higher.
    Last edited by parallaxscroll; 12-17-2014 at 09:03 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I never looked much into it before so thanks for that. I had just kind of gone with the non-wordy description that the PS4 just more powerful in CPU and GPU and that the One was holding it back due to dumbing things down for ports. It makes me all the more happy for SF5 fans to be they'll get a non-gimped game that'll use the machine without the baggage. As beautiful as stuff like Square-Enix FF Type0 and 15 are, I have to wonder if they put the One into the toilet and focused on the better hardware (which they did for years focusing on one system) they could do an even more impressive game. Interesting it is that the third parties gave all 3 guys specs they needed to get games. Nintendo acted like d-bags and got the finger in kind. MS does it, but with inferior design at a premium price, and Sony goes in with a cheaper system and better parts and now they suffer from dumbed down ports. I'll have to watch in the future looking for games that are on there but developed in tandem to get the best output as I'll be curious to see the classic online side by side pics/videos of stuff.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

So which characters would everyone like to see return?
    I'm hoping for a non-jail Cody, birdie, rose, Sean, Alex, Dudley, necro, Sagat, cammy, Hugo and yun/yang.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I'm mostly partial to most of the SF/SSF2 cast and also Alpha 2 + Rose. Never really been all that happy with the others enough to have to have them back, at least most of them. You have a few characters here and there like Crimson Viper I do like, but most I couldn't care less.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

If I'm honest with myself I'd rather prefer to see V pull a III with very few returning characters (Ryu, Chun, and Charlie as the boss character would be enough IMO). That would keep IV relevant for a while at least. But I would like to see Q.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    PSN
    Parallax-Scroll

-new Charlie trailer-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWyyUsKCFZY

HQ 60FPS download: http://www.gamersyde.com/download_st...-34131_en.html

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/...ans/#sf7638089

Street Fighter V: Nash Returns, Online Beta Plans
    Posted by Peter Rosas on Feb 24, 2015 // Capcom, Community Manager

Hey everyone! We are happy to announce two huge pieces of news for the upcoming Street Fighter V on PS4… the return of Nash, and the online beta program!

Charlie Nash has been a fan favorite character in the Street Fighter series for years and finally makes his comeback in Street Fighter V, although noticeably a little… different. For those who are unfamiliar with him, continue on for a quick history lesson.

First mentioned in Street Fighter II: The World Warrior (1991) by Guile during his quest for revenge; Nash was a lieutenant in the U.S. Air Force and one of Guile’s best friends. Although it was hinted that M.Bison was involved in Charlie’s disappearance in the past, it was never really fully explained…

…until the Street Fighter Alpha series, that is. In Street Fighter Alpha II (1996) we see firsthand that a helicopter controlled by M.Bison’s forces make quick work of Nash as M.Bison gets away. Initially presumed to be dead by both friends and foes alike, Nash’s return shows that his story is far from over.
    While the mysteries surrounding his return will become clear later on, for now we’re pleased to announce that the originator of the Sonic Boom is back with quite a few new tricks.

The second piece of news is perhaps the most exciting of all. Also announced today, we will be performing the largest and most ambitious online beta program in franchise history with Street Fighter V on PS4 and PC! These tests will be essential to collect your feedback and to ensure that Street Fighter V is the best iteration yet. In North America, players who pre-order the game will automatically be enrolled into the beta program.
    More details, including timing on the beta program will be revealed in the future so stay tuned for updates. Until then, SONIC BOOM!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I was under the impression by some sites it was coming late this year but its going to be a year from now. Their actually taking pre orders. Ok.... I guess I'll give Mortal Kombat X a try.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    PSN
    Parallax-Scroll

Capcom reiterates that Street Fighter 5 will never be made for Xbox One, in any form.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/xbo.../1100-6427987/

Xbox Will Never Get a Version of Street Fighter 5, Says Capcom Rep
    Capcom indicates Street Fighter won't be on Xbox until Street Fighter 6 at the earliest.

Capcom has poured cold water on speculation that future iterations of Street Fighter 5 could appear on Xbox One.

The latest entry in the company’s long-running fighting game franchise was revealed in December as a PlayStation console exclusive. However, due to Capcom's history of iterating its Street Fighter games, some fans suspected that a possible Super or Ultra edition of Street Fighter 5 could be a way to bring the game to Xbox.

However, a Capcom representative has told GameSpot that Street Fighter V, in any iteration, would never ship on Xbox One.

"One comment we see a lot is that something like a Super Street Fighter 5 is going to come out on Xbox," said the representative. "But the reality is that this is a real partnership. We are console exclusive for this franchise for this numbered run."

Speaking about the close relationship between itself and Sony, Capcom has said the partnership will yield benefits beyond marketing support.

"We’re not talking about how we’re handling post-launch content, but I can say the relationship with Sony does open doors for things we haven’t been able to do in the past," the representative said.

"The relationship serves a gameplay and development purpose, and not just a marketing value."