Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Street Fighter 5 - Exclusive to PS4 and PC - Not coming to Xbox One

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Hmm maybe, I'm less familiar with SNK fighters to a point, but the few I've knocked off not quite but somewhat similar. SNK bosses just react really fast and go nuts or spam if I remember. In SF4 it's more like takes it easier first round, then 2 and 3, the boss will often just suck you inside or spam another blow out move or two and finish you in moments. My memory is fuzzy with it as I hadn't bothered since the original SF4 release.

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well my tune has changed a little bit. SF5 will have cross platform play between the PC and PS4. That is a pretty significant upgrade. Seems that keeping the Xbone out of the loop finally let's something that should have always been around happen.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/xbo.../1100-6424067/
    Cool people I have bought stuff from on this board: orrimarrko kyosuke75 dave2236 video_game_addict cloudstrife29661 NESCollector75

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

You hadn't heard of that cross play bit? That's partly why I took the stance on the fact I felt it was smart to leave microsoft hung out to dry with this release. MS has some pretty shitty contractual deals for making games on their systems, especially those with an online presence. You have to dumb down services so they function at their peak for them. Depending on the terms they must have something 'exclusive' for their version and other releases of said game can not be released until they have it first (even if first is the same day.) Their bullshit has hung up Pinball Arcade Season 2 on the PS4 for over a year and they finally just got it up on the 360 after dealing with their abusive garbage so it's now on PS4 too (prior they had Season 1 and 3.)

Cutting MS and their shitty policies out of the mix allows for a game that'll work across platforms so anyone with an adequate gaming computer or PS4 can all compete in one big pool globally against one another. I imagine they'll expand it so that newbs can be with them and pros with their ilk so no one gets screwed and it won't matter which system (ps4/pc) they're on, they can find a competitor. Also by cutting out MS you can hard code that game to use all the specific features of the PS4 which has a little bit more advanced visual capability and core processing power (memory too) with it, and they can lift that to work on the PC while allowing that to scale back much further due to video cards while still being stable for fair play.

I wasn't being anti-MS pro-Sony/Nintendo/PC fanboy on this one I was thinking from the technical angle of the bs MS pulls with their networked games and the rest as their control freak politics and policies suck.

The fact in that link that Phil Spencer just says 'business deals happen' and that they'd rather rely on Killer Instinct says a lot towards some assumptions we had. It looks likely more now not to be a timed exclusive but a straight up exclusive so it looks like Sony paid up to develop/push this project and it's staying home. With the comeback Phil had saying they'd rather rely on Killer Instinct says heaps too, heaps of annoyance because that franchise while formerly Nintendo loved was never HUGE by any means against SF, MK or the SNK stuff so they're grasping at straws just wanting to rely on that as the better thing to care about. He's still in that quote trying to perpetuate the lie that Rise of Tomb Raider is an exclusive deal for the One too which is not the truth in the least bit.

Perhaps it's time they use their portable code and put KI up on PC too eh?
    Last edited by Tanooki; 12-08-2014 at 12:20 PM.

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yea, I overlooked that bit. That is a very good sign for the PC and Sony. Crossplay between the two platforms would do a ton for their image.
    Cool people I have bought stuff from on this board: orrimarrko kyosuke75 dave2236 video_game_addict cloudstrife29661 NESCollector75

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I haven't researched this yet, but some of the comments on that gamespot user post feed says that Sony is working with Capcom to bring back others of their old franchises into the modern era. I'd hope for this to be true, to bring back the stuff that Capcom was known for and made their now tarnished rep with. Think if all those old Nintendo/early Sony era Capcom stuff got revitalized up on the PS4/PSN? That would be stellar and it would really cement the deal.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tanooki View Post
    Hmm maybe, I'm less familiar with SNK fighters to a point, but the few I've knocked off not quite but somewhat similar. SNK bosses just react really fast and go nuts or spam if I remember. In SF4 it's more like takes it easier first round, then 2 and 3, the boss will often just suck you inside or spam another blow out move or two and finish you in moments. My memory is fuzzy with it as I hadn't bothered since the original SF4 release.
    SNK boss syndrome is where the AI is programmed to input read your controls and react perfectly and more quickly than any human can. Sounds like what you described in SFIV.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Thats pretty much how the SFIV AI is on any difficulty level from normal up and the frequency of it isn't any more or less intense which was most bizarre to me as it has no rhyme or reason, it just watches while you work so it can react mid-move but it's not every time like a SNK final boss would be. I'm not terrible at the SF franchise, by far no pro either, but I can hold my own and the game wrecks me evenly on anywhere from default to max difficulty at the same exact general place (4th fight on.) That's why I was curious if they retooled it all after all the revisions, but I went reading and it appears there's plenty of complaining on steam community and elsewhere that it's reading moves and being shitty about it.

I think at this rate if I bought SF4 again it would have to be super super cheap sale on steam or I wouldn't bother, maybe wait and see if the complaining continues with SF5 instead. I love the franchise, and I hate to say I'm what people would consider a casual player with it now since I don't play against people anymore, but I know when something just isn't right and they made SF4 for the hardcore community and it's not just something you can learn from abuse like SF1-3 was. AI will rape you, people if you stick to that would be far more fun as you can learn at least and not have a cheap battle where your moves are telegraphed to the AI so it can counter mid strike.

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Azathoth1488
    PSN
    Azathoth_IKA
    3DS Friend
    4313-0753-9074

My memory is fuzzy with it as I hadn't bothered since the original SF4 release.
    Seth as an AI opponent in vanilla SFIV is a murderous, rage inducing nightmare even on the default medium difficulty. It was 100% bullshit because all the fights leading up to him could be easy as pie (depending on your skill level) then Seth wipes the floor with you after the first round you beat him. It got to the point I was resorting to easy level, 1 round, 30 second time limit settings just to defeat him with all characters to unlock the rest of the roster (which is another bullshit point).

His AI was toned way, way down to manageable levels in Super and has stayed that way since. When I picked up Ultra I managed to get the no continuing achievement on default settings with Decapre and Poison the first time I had ever even picked either of them.

On the Sony/Capcom thing.... I know it's been mentioned but the Xbox has zero market penetration in Japan so their producing the SF (or VS series) on that platform was aimed primarily at Western markets. Maybe Capcom harbors resentment to MS over the SFxT issue? Who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by bb_hood View Post
    See, my opinion is that they are not 'milking' the franchise but tweaking it to make it better.
    I agree. To people with casual interest it may seem that way but to major fans the differences are huge. I hate sports, racing, and wrestling games but all get yearly updates and sell like gangbusters. Although I'll admit my ignorance of the latest FIFA or Madden offering, comparing Madden 12 to Madden 13 is nothing like MvC3 to UMvC3 or SSFIV;AE to USFIV. Plus with previous gen consoles Capcom offered their updates as discounted DLC expansions or physical releases with discounted prices and sometimes additional content. NBA 2k14 is the same full price as 2k13 (as was 2k12, 2k11, etc) and as a non-sports fan there's no way you can convince me there is $60 worth of upgraded content.

Case in point, a used SFIV is still $5-$9 at Gamestop while you can't pay people to take a used basketball game from 5 years ago.
    Last edited by Az; 12-08-2014 at 10:13 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I get the anti-MS thing in Japan it makes sense as they cater less to what the Japanese want to bother with if they bother with a home system anymore since they're so more mobile these days in everything including games. I would not be surprised if there was some resentment as Capcom can be pretty crappy and bitter about stuff I've noticed over the decades and if that played a factor in it, serves MS right for pissing them off.

I still believe though it was for the best from the stuff I said about XBL network policy and how they force stupid junk on developers on how they can get their games working on the network going as far as 'premium' demands of something unique and fucking over the competitors not allowing a cross release of stuff until the XBL connected game is up first which is just wrong.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    PSN
    Parallax-Scroll

Same gameplay trailer, but re-worked to 60 FPS: http://a.pomf.se/fiucoz.webm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I still believe though it was for the best from the stuff I said about XBL network policy and how they force stupid junk on developers on how they can get their games working on the network going as far as 'premium' demands of something unique and fucking over the competitors not allowing a cross release of stuff until the XBL connected game is up first which is just wrong.
    Thats Sonys digital thing. If you released a game on XBL first, the later Sony port has to have more content than the XBL base game. Your english is hard to understand so forgive me if I read this wrong. MS's thing is they want you release your digital game at the same time as the PSN version or you have to go through some extra hoops to release later.

If you are talking about not allowing cross play on titles, its likely more of a game play issue. MS tried cross play with GFWL and was a disaster due to hackers and M&K users owning controller users(obviously not a worry for a fighter). I wont be shocked if SF5 gets its share of win bots and hackers ruining the fun.

I wouldnt trust Capcom to keep any game exclusive at this point especially since 30% of SF4 sold (3-4 million) was on MS. Then again Capcom is at deaths door at this point, so this might be one of their last retail releases.
    Bury me with my money......*dies*

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Well I'm not sure what region you're from, but if you are a follower of Pinball Arcade on facebook and other sources, they've been pretty clear about their feelings about Microsoft. The PS4 owners have been downright insulting, mean and nasty about it because the MS policy is what I said and is why the Season 2 pinball games were delayed a year as they could not release it on PSN until MS got it or it would break the terms of the MS online license.

I don't trust Capcom in the least bit. As a long time Nintendo owner of their consoles up to the WiiU I just got rid of they have repeatedly given me reasons to hate them for lying and doing something else. They pulled that junk on the N64, the Gamecube, then the Wii too and quietly have abandoned Wii U as well. They promise support, then pull it. Or they say 'buy this' and we will give you more, and then they do not. And they'll even make an exclusive (Resident Evil 4 Gamecube) and just weeks before it is out tell the Sony PS2 owners to not be upset that the 'real' version with added content would be out on PS2 a year later to wait. They're scheming cheats and have been since the later 1990s. The only reason I felt this maybe different was that Sony supposedly had some cash thrown into the development of this game and that alone would keep it away from Microsoft. Nintendo never paid for RE4 or any other game so the contract was Capcom's to manipulate and break.

Personally I would not miss Capcom if they died because I know their company as a whole would get bought out or their IPs scooped up and Sony would put up some serious money for it too. Nintendo if they had any brains at all would do it, but they lack the common sense or insight to realize how it would boot their narrow minded portfolio of games and franchises.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Personally I would not miss Capcom if they died because I know their company as a whole would get bought out or their IPs scooped up and Sony would put up some serious money for it too. Nintendo if they had any brains at all would do it, but they lack the common sense or insight to realize how it would boot their narrow minded portfolio of games and franchises.
    I don't think I would miss Capcom, but I would certainly be sad if Capcom was gone from gaming. It's weird seeing the giants that made such a big part of my childhood die, no matter how much of a shell they have become. It would be quite the spectacle to see where the IP's end up. Maybe Inafune would be reunited with Mega Man, it would be nice to see that IP in better hands(though MM9 and 10 were great).
    Bury me with my money......*dies*

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I'd miss what they were in the 80s and 90s, even the early 00s, but as they are now...no. I can get beyond the memories since I can easily access that stuff. As they are now they're in trouble, even the company said they're open to a buy out this year through stocks. It makes me wonder if someone is working on it, or if they're that unappealing no one overseas it attempting it because it just seems odd why Nintendo or Sony wouldn't swoop in and snap up all those IPs Capcom refuses to use and the few they do. I'd be amazed to see where the IPs went too. Unlike THQ that more or less sucked where we saw how the franchises went all over the place and some no one wanted got bought up for almost nothing, I think a Capcom buy out would be a huge payday for one entity or just a few wanting to keep the quality library and memories behind it together.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

If they want some easy money, they should consider a decent disc collection for the PS3.

Ideally, it would include Bionic Commando Rearmed, Capcom Arcade Cabinet, Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara, Mega Man 9, Mega Man 10. Okami HD, Resident Evil 4 HD, Resident Evil Code: Veronica X HD, and Resident Evil HD. And I'm sure that other people would like to add a game or two.

But they just don't seem to want my money.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

If Capcom wants money, there's a whole legion of PC gamers who would love Dragon's Dogma properly ported (fixed technical issues).

FPGA arm-based system Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    PSN
    bb_hood99

Quote Originally Posted by Leo_A View Post
    If they want some easy money, they should consider a decent disc collection for the PS3.

Ideally, it would include Bionic Commando Rearmed, Capcom Arcade Cabinet, Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara, Mega Man 9, Mega Man 10. Okami HD, Resident Evil 4 HD, Resident Evil Code: Veronica X HD, and Resident Evil HD. And I'm sure that other people would like to add a game or two.

They probably will do that at some point, but I think its too soon for that.
    I actually bought all those games you listed from the PS store except Dungeons and Dragons. The Resident Evil 6 anthology has all the RE games on it, all but #6 are download codes to be redemmed in the ps store.
    Could always add Ducktales, all the streefighter games, Marvel v Capcom origins, Darkstalkers, Bionic Commando Reamed 2, Strider..
    If Capcom disappeared I would be sad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Dugeons&Dragons Chronicles of Mystara did get a physical release but japan only.Same thing for resident evil 4&code veronica x hd and resident evil hd.Though i wouldn't mind seeing mega man 9&10 on a compilation.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by bb_hood View Post
    Could always add Ducktales, all the streefighter games, Marvel v Capcom origins, Darkstalkers, Bionic Commando Reamed 2, Strider..
    Definitely, although some of these already saw disc releases. DuckTales saw a standalone release. And Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix, Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo HD Remix, and Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 are part of Capcom Digital Collection.

I was mostly naming what I'd most like to see (I'm not interested in Strider Returns, for instance), although I don't think that the 2D D&D brawlers are quite my style. But they're just about the pinnacle of Capcom's 2D artistry, so I'd load them up once or twice just to admire the attract modes if nothing else.

Quote Originally Posted by Tron 2.0 View Post
    Dugeons&Dragons Chronicles of Mystara did get a physical release but japan only.Same thing for resident evil 4&code veronica x hd and resident evil hd.Though i wouldn't mind seeing mega man 9&10 on a compilation.
    And same with Okami HD, which even has an English language mode with its Japanese retail release. But I don't have hundreds of dollars to spend just because I prefer discs instead of downloads. I'll have to satisfy myself with Mega Man 9 & 10 and older versions of the other material.

Hopefully someday, they do just such a release.
    Last edited by Leo_A; 12-11-2014 at 03:46 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Definitely, although some of these already saw disc releases. DuckTales saw a standalone release. And Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix, Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo HD Remix, and Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 are part of Capcom Digital Collection.

I was mostly naming what I'd most like to see (I'm not interested in Strider Returns, for instance), although I don't think that the 2D D&D brawlers are quite my style. But they're just about the pinnacle of Capcom's 2D artistry, so I'd load them up once or twice just to admire the attract modes if nothing else.

And same with Okami HD, which even has an English language mode with its Japanese retail release. But I don't have hundreds of dollars to spend just because I prefer discs instead of downloads. I'll have to satisfy myself with Mega Man 9 & 10 and older versions of the other material.

Hopefully someday, they do just such a release.
    I take it,you wish all those games you list were in one big physical compilation to begin with.Beside it annoys me when capcom gives there past release a physical release only in japan but not in the u.s.For the whole debacle on SFV only being PS4&PC sony backed it so that's,that.These days it seems the only way to get a exclusive from a third party is to pay for it.