Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: What Game/s are you Playing? Daily/whenever check :) 2016 (GAMEPLAY)

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Just started Boy and His Blob on the PSTV. I like what I'm playing so far, really dig these puzzle-platformers.

Vita's been getting some nice new releases recently. This game, Oddworld: New n Tasty, and Dariusburst Chronicles. Compare that to all the childish garbage junk being released on the 3DS lately.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yakuza 5 (PS3) is pretty much the only thing I've been playing for the last few days. I finally finished off the final story chapter this week and am now working on the last few mini games & arena battles I need to complete to get 100% completion in the game (currently at 98% completion rate). If it weren't for me importing Yakuza 0 from Japan last year this'd have been my favourite game of the last year. So much fun and content packed into one game. Very tempted to jump straight onto the imported PS4 remake of Yakuza 1 when I'm done, but I'll probably take a break for a couple of months rather than getting burnt out on the series!

Retro wise I've been playing through Capcom's 1985 arcade releases. This week I finished off Section Z, an incredibly fun shoot em up game that didn't overstay its welcome. Its length and difficulty level were just right and the different obstacles over the 26 sections helped the game stay fresh for the duration.
    I also had a quick play of the Famicom home ports of Exed Exes and Gun.Smoke which arrived this week. Exed Exes is bad, its slower than the arcade game (not entirely bad, as the arcade game was a tad too fast in places) but this game chugs along painfully slow. The game is also not smooth at all, sprites jerk across the screen uncomfortably and I was bored by the time I reached stage 4. Gun.Smoke is the complete opposite. It looks and runs amazingly well and I much prefer it to the arcade version, which in my opinion was too difficult for its own good in later stages.

Quote Originally Posted by FieryReign View Post
    Just started Boy and His Blob on the PSTV. I like what I'm playing so far, really dig these puzzle-platformers.

Vita's been getting some nice new releases recently. This game, Oddworld: New n Tasty, and Dariusburst Chronicles. Compare that to all the childish garbage junk being released on the 3DS lately.
    How is Boy and His Blob for the Vita? Is it a decent port (no frame rate issues etc.)? I've been meaning to pick the game up but grabbed the Limited Edition release of Darius for the Vita instead (which I don't regret, that game is great fun on the handheld!)

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    jdotaku

sega gt 2002 on xbox next is shenmue 2 and jet set radio future

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Just finished Kirby Dreamland for the Gameboy the other day, making my way through 2.
    Playing Pokemon Blue in Japanese where I'm trying bloody hard to find a damn jigglypuff amongst all these pidgeys and spearows.
    Touched DQM2 on Gameboy as well to try and grind my monsters while replenishing my draining herb supply.
    Let's not forget about HP & The Chamber of Secrets for the Gameboy, took awhile to get around it, but I'm finally grinding.

celerystalker is a poindexter celerystalker's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Today was a big tournament day at my house, and it was a great time. I don't play in it when I host these, but my friends found out that they were more into some games than they expected. Some of the big hits were Salamander (PCE), Prehistoric Isle 2 (MVS), Devastators (arcade), Ninja Commando (arcade), 'Nam 1975 (AES), and Wetrix (N64).

Afterward, I got to play some Rampart (SNES) with my brother, which was fun, even if I was pretty rusty.

RACES MINI MOTORCYCLES Videogamerdaryll's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

Final Zone (Sega Genesis, 1990)

Puggsy (Sega Genesis, 1993)

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I picked up Megaman 2 the other day, and I am currently working on beating it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

Drac's Night Out Nintendo NES
    Refuses to work in NES clone system FC3Plus..

Works great in original NES console once you open the cart and clean the highly yellowed connectors..

I SUCK at the game...but interested in playing it through.

celerystalker is a poindexter celerystalker's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20160209_210002.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	52.7 KB 
ID:	8496
    Gondomania. I can't believe they captured all my women...

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by shadowman View Post
    Yakuza 5 (PS3) is pretty much the only thing I've been playing for the last few days. I finally finished off the final story chapter this week and am now working on the last few mini games & arena battles I need to complete to get 100% completion in the game (currently at 98% completion rate). If it weren't for me importing Yakuza 0 from Japan last year this'd have been my favourite game of the last year. So much fun and content packed into one game. Very tempted to jump straight onto the imported PS4 remake of Yakuza 1 when I'm done, but I'll probably take a break for a couple of months rather than getting burnt out on the series!

Retro wise I've been playing through Capcom's 1985 arcade releases. This week I finished off Section Z, an incredibly fun shoot em up game that didn't overstay its welcome. Its length and difficulty level were just right and the different obstacles over the 26 sections helped the game stay fresh for the duration.
    I also had a quick play of the Famicom home ports of Exed Exes and Gun.Smoke which arrived this week. Exed Exes is bad, its slower than the arcade game (not entirely bad, as the arcade game was a tad too fast in places) but this game chugs along painfully slow. The game is also not smooth at all, sprites jerk across the screen uncomfortably and I was bored by the time I reached stage 4. Gun.Smoke is the complete opposite. It looks and runs amazingly well and I much prefer it to the arcade version, which in my opinion was too difficult for its own good in later stages.

How is Boy and His Blob for the Vita? Is it a decent port (no frame rate issues etc.)? I've been meaning to pick the game up but grabbed the Limited Edition release of Darius for the Vita instead (which I don't regret, that game is great fun on the handheld!)
    I didn't notice any framerate issues. Some control problems though. Analog instead of dpad character control. I prefer digital pads with 2D platformers. Some unresponiveness when picking beans in the quick-menu. Could be the pstv, though.

I wanted to snag Dariusburst when it was on sale a couple weeks ago. But Sony's store was jacked up, couldn't access it. Looks like a great shmup, just way too expensive for a download.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

Messing around with a GBA Multicart SUPERGAME 56-1

Works in my SP but didn't realize the cart design will not fit in my Micro ..

https://youtu.be/ONkQbWZypTM

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Played a bit of Castlevania for the NES the other day. I plan on going back to it today to try and beat it!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

Default Also:

Testing a bunch of SEGA CD and Sega Saturn Games today..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Disc is used,one side has some slide scratches,looks from being 005.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	128.3 KB 
ID:	8533   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	10660132_235819633424538_6547223848206322455_n.jpg 
Size:	75.3 KB 
ID:	8532  

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Steam
    primordialhelios

I'm trying to limit myself to one game at a time (it isn't going well ), but I'm currently playing God of War for the first time (extremely close to beating it), and I'm replaying Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days on proud. Planning on Plyaing the remake of Rygar once I finish GoW.

EDIT: I can't believe I actually left out Quake. I've never played through episodes 2-4 or the mission packs, but I'm finally playing it through.
    Last edited by PrimordialHelios; 02-23-2016 at 01:28 PM.
    I still haven't beaten DOOM

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

Default Still testing a bin full of Sega CD Saturn And Genesis games.

Attachment 8540Still testing a bin full of Sega CD Saturn And Genesis games.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SHAQ.jpg 
Size:	124.1 KB 
ID:	8541  

Objection! Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My 3DS XL was out of commission for a few days while my husband repaired a small crack in the hinge. (Didn't send it to Ninty because it's a Pikachu version with only 1 small issue, VERY out of warranty. For $100 and no guarantee of getting a Pika 3DS back? No thanks.)

So lately I've been playing DS games.

Picross 3D
    Pokémon SoulSilver
    Retro Game Challenge 2 (original Japanese version: Game Center CX - Arino no Chousenjou 2)

I really wish RGC2 would have gotten a Western release, but XSeed made it clear they would have lost their collective shirt on localization and licensing costs. I'm using a FAQ that translates the challenges so I can at least my way through it and unlock the games to play for as long as I want.
    Last edited by Sailorneorune; 02-25-2016 at 07:12 AM.
    Serving the retrogaming community since March 2005

DP feedback: +47(!), no negatives
    can be found here: http://www.digitpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=66092

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FieryReign View Post
    I didn't notice any framerate issues. Some control problems though. Analog instead of dpad character control. I prefer digital pads with 2D platformers. Some unresponiveness when picking beans in the quick-menu. Could be the pstv, though.

I wanted to snag Dariusburst when it was on sale a couple weeks ago. But Sony's store was jacked up, couldn't access it. Looks like a great shmup, just way too expensive for a download.
    Analogue only control is a shame, I always prefer digital for 2D games as well. And yeah, Darius is an awesome game on the Vita but the price could have definitely been better. I'm a collector though so I was always going to snag the game at launch... Not that I really regret it, its absolutely brilliant fun to play!

Anyway, this week I've been playing through Commando for the NES. I've got mixed feelings on this one. It runs really smooth and has great controls but the screen flicker/judder is really bad (distractedly so at first) so bullets would disappear but still kill me which was incredibly frustrating. Plus I didn't really care for the game looping the same four levels four times. Its far from a bad port, but the above issues prevented me from enjoying it more. At least its better than the Amiga port, with sluggish controls and questionable collision detection, topped off with a slow pace.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    N30V3N0M
    Steam
    N30V3N0M

I've been playing these as of late:

PC: World of Warcraft (Been playing it for over 10 years).

Console: Black Ops 3 Zombies and Garden Warfare 2 on the Xbox One.

One day, I wanna sit down and complete all my NES games, I got over 100 of them...

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by shadowman View Post
    Analogue only control is a shame, I always prefer digital for 2D games as well. And yeah, Darius is an awesome game on the Vita but the price could have definitely been better. I'm a collector though so I was always going to snag the game at launch... Not that I really regret it, its absolutely brilliant fun to play!

Anyway, this week I've been playing through Commando for the NES. I've got mixed feelings on this one. It runs really smooth and has great controls but the screen flicker/judder is really bad (distractedly so at first) so bullets would disappear but still kill me which was incredibly frustrating. Plus I didn't really care for the game looping the same four levels four times. Its far from a bad port, but the above issues prevented me from enjoying it more. At least its better than the Amiga port, with sluggish controls and questionable collision detection, topped off with a slow pace.
    I've since quit ABAHB due to a game breaking glitch that pissed me off. In the 2nd House world when you're falling down the last level to meet the boss, the game freezes with error message. It was such a glitch that I had to delete the file and redownload the game, it would not open back up no matter what I tried. Couldn't even upload my save data because of an error message.

I've read somewhere else that the Wii version had a similar bug. So yeah, fuck Wayforward for this one. Apparently it's en vogue to release broken games now. It's basically a crime to take peoples money without giving them what they pay for, so how are game developers any different? I'm oh so close to saying fuck videogames forever and looking into a substitute hobby.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

After Burner II (Sega Genesis, 1990)

I didn't realize that the game was made to Auto Fire Cannons so I thought it was broken,or my controller stuck..

After trying two systems clone and original several controllers decided to look it up online..

https://youtu.be/ydpqmVtfzug

https://youtu.be/Uvxe9CAYvoY

Also
    Sub Terrania (Sega Genesis, 1994)
    Outlander (Sega Genesis, 1992)
    Last edited by Videogamerdaryll; 02-26-2016 at 09:41 AM.