Thread: Got it in a collection pak, sell the original?

Luigi (Level 20) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Default Got it in a collection pak, sell the original?

Anyone here find themselves, when they get games they like and own on carts in a collection pak, sometimes selling off the original? Like say you get Sonic 1 and 2 in a collection, sell off the original carts to make room for other stuff, etc?
    My Gaming Collection (Now at Google Drive!)

ServBot (Level 11) Edmond Dantes's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

For me, I usually keep the original anyway.

There's a couple of factors. For example, if the compiled version is on a completely different console than the cart. Having Sonic Mega Collection on Gamecube would NOT inspire me to sell my Sega Genesis cartridges.

On the other hand, if I ended up with a complete copy of King's Quest V and found out it was worth a good buck, I'd probably ditch it since I have the KQ Collection Series (although, if it was King's Quest *Six* I wound up with, I might keep that because the collection version accidentally omits a song that's supposed to be a music track on the CD).

So really, there's a lot that may influence my decision, but usually I don't decide immediately that I have to make room.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I've done that, and I've also dropped older releases for newer. The truth of it, I've regretted both, too many times. My first severing of that was to dump all the direct port games from GBA of old SNES titles (mario advance, zelda, etc) as it just caused neither to get used. And then there was the newer releases of older games, so called cleaned up and made nicer, and usually it was superficial stuff and the changes tended to not really enhance the game, and in select times (FF4 on DS) would break the game and make it just awful. I found myself buying back years ago FF2, FF3, and Chrono Trigger due to the GBA/DS games not doing it for me. Due to the preschooler in the house though I do again have the GBA FF games, I can't get on a TV long enough to commit, but even then the Retron5 is helping with that as it hot saves.