Thread: FF and DQ on Android, or other rpgs

Luigi (Level 20) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Default FF and DQ on Android, or other rpgs

(Excuse me if I posted this in the wrong forum)

Just got my pre-paid android phone setup. Discovered the early FF and DQ games, and Chrono Trigger, are made for it. Question is, how are they? How's FF4: After Years? Any other jrpgs good?
    My Gaming Collection (Now at Google Drive!)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

The FF4 game would review the same as the PSP game. The others are just straight ports of SNES games or straight ports of previous GBA/PS1 releases with a new graphical coat of paint with tap controls as a choice. Kemco puts out a LOT of JRPGs for the system, they get pretty good press overall so you may just want to look into reviews of those. This is an excellent place for all things android/ios news, previews, reviews and so on I've found -- http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/latest.asp?sec=11

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

The World Ends With You ought to be pretty nice, if you haven't played the DS version already. It's not exactly a JRPG, though.
    "There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge." --Bertrand Russel (attributed)

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tanooki View Post
    The FF4 game would review the same as the PSP game. The others are just straight ports of SNES games or straight ports of previous GBA/PS1 releases with a new graphical coat of paint with tap controls as a choice. Kemco puts out a LOT of JRPGs for the system, they get pretty good press overall so you may just want to look into reviews of those. This is an excellent place for all things android/ios news, previews, reviews and so on I've found -- http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/latest.asp?sec=11
    The android version of FF4 is the DS version with cleaner looking 3D textures.

I only played that Kemco RPG Monster something or other game because it went free after getting over a million sales. I quit the game after an hour because it's literally a pos. I feel sorry for those who actually paid for the game.
    Last edited by kupomogli; 01-11-2015 at 06:10 AM.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Yeah I know about FF4DS/Android, and they supposedly also tweaked the cheapness level of their 'simon says' crap mechanic they put into the boss fights and certain random dungeon critters which effectively wrecked the DS title. I got it really cheap on a one day sale but haven't pushed it far enough to find out if they tempered the bs. The FF4 he was talking about is a sequel to FF4 SNES(etc) which has new characters (kids of the old) and some of the old too.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ive played the Android release of FF1 and FF2, and they are both absurdly easy [especially FF1]. They are so easy that it completely kills the fun for me atleast, you can 2 shot most bosses in those games. I have also played the PSX release of FF1 and 2, and if I had a choice Id reccomend downloading a PS1 emulator on Android and playing the games that way. They have a balanced difficulty and you wont get bored of simply hitting the fight command over and over on that release. Graphically, the Android release of FF1/2 is based off of the PSX release so if you apply a filter it looks almost the same aswell [Android still looks better but only by a small amount].

As far as DQ goes. I have only played DQ4 on Android, and unlike the FF series on Android ill recommend it without a doubt. They put some effort into that release and it also has decent challenge aswell.