Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wii Virtual Console Turbo Grafx

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Virtual console is emulation. Period. I wasn't aware Konami and SNK were still producing quality games. I highly doubt Hudson Soft and NEC are getting compensated for these old games. But hey, if you like stuffing more money into Nintendos pockets for emulation, feel free to do so.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FieryReign View Post
    Virtual console is emulation.
    Offical emulation with offical support.

Period. I wasn't aware Konami and SNK were still producing quality games.
    I'm sorry you're missing important information?

I highly doubt Hudson Soft and NEC are getting compensated for these old games.
    Hudson's catalog is owned by Konami these days. Not sure who actually owns the rights to the Turbographix hardware. I believe some Turbo catalog titles on the VC have NEC as publisher, so they might still be involved.

But hey, if you like stuffing more money into Nintendos pockets for emulation, feel free to do so.
    Again. You're putting money into these company's pockets to tell them that you want more Bonk, or Earthbound, or King of Fighters, etc... and puting money into Nintendo's pockets to tell them you want them on Nintendo consoles.

In business you vote with your dollars. When you steal and emulate you tell the publishers that you don't give a shit about their product in any meaningful way.

Honestly what really sucks is how the Wii U doesn't have the same level of VC support as the Wii did. Wii VC doesn't get updated any more and you can't get Sega, TurboGraphix, or Neogeo titles on the Wii U. Sucks.
    Last edited by The Adventurer; 01-27-2015 at 06:52 PM.
    New Comics for the Week of 10-03-12

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Einzelherz View Post
    To play it on any TV with authentic/semi authentic controllers.
    I can use the Ootake emulator on my laptop with a USB adapter for my SNES controller.

OP, almost the entire list of games there is worth playing, except for the sports titles and maybe China Warrior, JJ and Jeff, Riot Zone, and Fighting Street.

The Bonk games are good, but not stand out platformers.

The must play games there are

Rondo of Blood
    Gate of Thunder
    Lords of Thunder
    Blazing Lazers
    Military Madness
    Ys Book I & II
    Gradius II
    Neutopia
    Neutopia II
    Ninja Spirit

I have other favorites like Splatterhouse, Cratermaze, and Devil's Crush, but they may not appeal to you.

Alex (Level 15) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Leo_A View Post
    I was only talking about official availability, either in download or physical form, on a contemporary game console/handheld.

I didn't know if it mattered to him, but it seemed possibly pertinent (As it appears it was, judging by his response).
    Fair enough. Personally I have a Turbo Duo so I'd rather just play the games on the actual console. I got lucky and got it along with games before everything really shot up in price. It's the same reason I'm reluctant to bother searching out the PSP release for Rondo of Blood, you have to unlock the original versions instead of just being able to play them. I really should play more with the Turbo Duo, it hasn't been hooked up in a long time. There's still a bunch of games I'm hoping to find for it.

Quote Originally Posted by The Adventurer View Post
    If Nintendo didn't produce them, then Nintendo is paying somebody for the rights to have them on their Virtual Console. Paying for these games shows there is still interest in these games.

Emulation is fine in certain circumstances (unreleased Japanese games, stupid expensive games). But if there's a way I can show SNK or Konami I still care about their games, I'm sure as shit going to pump a couple bucks their way.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Adventurer View Post
    Again. You're putting money into these company's pockets to tell them that you want more Bonk, or Earthbound, or King of Fighters, etc... and puting money into Nintendo's pockets to tell them you want them on Nintendo consoles.

In business you vote with your dollars. When you steal and emulate you tell the publishers that you don't give a shit about their product in any meaningful way.
    I avoid purchasing any digital games or digital movies because I want physical copies. If people just buy digital copies why would any company bother to make physical versions later on? Most companies wouldn't. And for people who already paid for a digital copy, why would they buy a copy again if it gets a physical release later? Digital copies don't encourage companies to produce more related content, it's just a cheap easy way for them to cash in on existing products with minimal cost or effort on their end.

It's basically the same reason why the Toronto Maple Leafs suck. People pay for tickets and buy the merchandise even if they're terrible, why should they bother to try when they'll make money anyway? People just complain while still paying them their money.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Since I've been pretty much digital only since 2007... its not really a concern for me. I buy games, not plastic. I buy physical release games only when its more practical (like 3DS and Wii. Because of space constraints. I need more storage space for Digital only releases)
    New Comics for the Week of 10-03-12