Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Looking for feedback on the racing game that I'm developing

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

It's ignored these days due of course to Mario Kart. It won't cost much at all in however way you want it (loose to CIB.)

Pac-Man (Level 10) Emperor Megas's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Man, thanks for the mention. I would have never known this. ^_^

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Steam
    gghanier

Quote Originally Posted by PreZZ View Post
    I know free to play is the model for a lot of small indies, but I just cant stand it, id rather pay 10 or 15$ and get the full package. I dont mind paying, but microtransactions are an insult to me as a gamer (games like EA microtransactions are horrible and insulting) and I dont get the younger generation buying that crap. They download it cause its free and they end up buying more than the game should be! Im ok with the tournament idea for 1$ if it happens occasionally (not every hour), I guess its more fun than scratching a cheap loto ticket and doesnt take anything away from the game. Although it wasnt a karting game, speed devils online had a fantastic online mode where you could build up your car for weeks with in game money you won against other players, and you could do vendettas against another racer and the winner would win the car of the loser, i liked that. This game had the best shortcut in history of racing games on the montreal track, nobody knew the shortcut and I won million dollar cars by doing vendettas with my cheap 10K car !! Anyway I wish you the best, good luck on your release
    We also think that the tournaments is one of our most interesting features to both, gamers who can get something vaulable for what they pay, and us, developers who manage to get some financial sustenance. Our intention, as you said, is to keep them as something special and don't celebrate tournaments all of the time. It would also depend on the amount fo player our game had.

And yes, we also like a lot the Vendetta feature of speed devils, we are considering to implement something similar for future updates. The option to challenge a particular player of your race prior to the start and even bet your car or another goodie you might have, like a special skin for example.

Thanks a lot for your comment!

By the way, I also like Static Age, love that Misfits line-up
    Last edited by DragonJam; 02-05-2015 at 04:45 AM.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Steam
    gghanier

Quote Originally Posted by Tanooki View Post
    It's ignored these days due of course to Mario Kart. It won't cost much at all in however way you want it (loose to CIB.)
    Sure will give a try to the Android version, or if I stumbled upon and original cartridge for the GB Advance would also buy it, cause I still keep mine safe.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

It couldn't hurt to try, may give you an idea or two to exploit for your game. It was successful around the world in the NA and JP market, and did spawn the android sequel which got a global release.

I feel the same too about GBA. I still have my micro around, a GB Player, and a Retron 5 as well with its share of both US, EU and JP games.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Steam
    gghanier

It couldn't hurt to try, may give you an idea or two to exploit for your game. It was successful around the world in the NA and JP market, and did spawn the android sequel which got a global release.

I feel the same too about GBA. I still have my micro around, a GB Player, and a Retron 5 as well with its share of both US, EU and JP games.
    Argh, I tried the Android version of Krazy Kart Racing and it was a pain in the ass because the game crashed every time I passed the second lap of a race. I contacted Konami and told me that it was because it's and old app and they don't provide support to that one now. In my opinion they should stop selling the game in the Play Store if they don't give support for it, besides, they are aware that the game doesn't run properly in newer devices.

Well I guess that I'll focus on the GBA version

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Wow that's sleazy. I'd demand a refund and if they don't, copy and paste that conversation to Google in a mail and see if they'll do it and pull the game since it won't work.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Steam
    gghanier

Wow that's sleazy. I'd demand a refund and if they don't, copy and paste that conversation to Google in a mail and see if they'll do it and pull the game since it won't work.
    I demanded the refund to Konami, then they told me I had to demand it to Google, and it bored me to the point of giving up. The time I'm gonna spend demanding the refund is more worthy than the $2 I would receive

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Well yeah it is ridiculous, but if you found someone at google to pull it and use that email you got from Konami I think they might. The fact Konami knows it is broken and is still selling it to hose over people with no support isn't right.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Steam
    gghanier

Hello everyone!

Wow!, it’s been a loong time since last time I posted here on our progress. Almost two months of hard and intense work that had its results as you are able to see. First and foremost, our most important news….we change our game’s name!

From now on, our game will be named Wincars Racer!!

Reasons why? In fact, many factors have made us take this decision. First, your opinion. Many of you have said that you didn’t like the name, and truth is that we weren’t completely happy with it either. We put it provisionally, then time went on….and well, you know how these things work. Besides, we had noticed that the game was been perceived as a Formula 1 game, when we’re more into the arcade & karting gameplay adding strategy. Lastly, there were many people who warned us about the risk of facing a legal conflict with Formula 1 trademark, having been previous cases where other titles had been sued for that.

So…new name! We still use the word Wincars cause we are already known for that name and will help people find us in google and stuff like that. 

We’ve algo taking advantage of this opportunity to launch a new image in our website and make a new promo image taking into account all the feedback given by you.

At last, new gameplay screenshots:

We also got made the cards for all circuits which will be displayed when choosing the one to play in.

And finally….the cars! We’ve got now more than 100 different models. In next updates, I’ll explain how different they feel when it comes to drive them and all differences between them, today I’m just going to post some pics to let you see our progress in this and hear what you think about how they look so far:

This is a good example of how changing skins will affect to the same car. These following two images belong to the same car ( a Mignon) but they’re set up with two different skins (we’re developing an internet-based game….there must be cats!!!)

This is a detail that nostalgic racers will sure appreciate!

As always, we’d love to hear your opinión on our work, what you like better and that sort of things. You can ask us whatever that you feel like or thow any crazy idea that you’d like to see in the game. Believe it or not, we take them into account for real!

And don’t forget that you can still sign up for future closed-beta acess in our site at www.wincarsracer.com
    Greetings from the dev team at DragonJam!

P.S. I’m going to check if there’s any chance of changing the thread’s title to reflect the change in the game name

Ghostbuster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Greg2600

Quote Originally Posted by DragonJam View Post
    P.S. I’m going to check if there’s any chance of changing the thread’s title to reflect the change in the game name
    What would you like it to be?
    The Paunch Stevenson Show free Internet podcast - www.paunchstevenson.com - DP FEEDBACK

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Steam
    gghanier

Quote Originally Posted by Greg2600 View Post
    What would you like it to be?
    Sorry, there's no need to change the thread's title since I didn't mention at all the old name of the game. I just noticed now, I feel an idiot.

Anyway, thanks a lot for trying to help!!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Steam
    gghanier

Hi again…

…we’re thrilled to show new Wincars Racer game footage!

We really wanted to show some “in-movement” stuff where you can appreciate how the game is getting better as the development goes on.

This video is part of a blog post to be shared tomorrow where you will be able to know more details about the handling and feel of each of the 4 car series present in the game.

New game images:

This is one of the fake ads than will be placed in certain spots of the circuits whose intention is to give a real-life feel to the game’s universe. We’ve even made some of them featuring the game’s characters as media stars announcing commercial products like soda and stuff like that….

A close-up shot at the Dawn Of the Racers brand new car skin (all these skin names are still provisional, so we’d appreciate some feedback on them… and you can even suggest your own ideas to name them!)

The Wild One car skin for Carelle model. Personally, my favorite among all skins we’ve made so far….

A gameplay screenshot that will help you to get a quick overview of how racing trying to avoid giant rolling stones will be in Isla Aventura

Finally, Bradley using Rocket Rush Special Skill in its higher level, which is basically three huge turbines on full throttle giving your racer an extra boost. Using it wisely in the right moment will allow you to change race positions completely.

We’d really appreciate if you could leave your opinion about this update, both the video and the images. Ideas & suggestions are much welcome!!

If you like the game so far, you can go sign up at our site and you’ll have future closed-beta access guaranteed so that you will be able to be the first ones to play it and help use with the testing and balancing the game.

Greetings from the entire dev team!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Steam
    gghanier

Hello everyone!

It’s been a month and a half since last update so today there is a lot of new stuff to show you.

More than 100 new skins appear in the game!

Up to this point, for the development tests, we just used one skin of each of the eleven car models. So it was time to finally introduce the special models.

We are tripping!

Here you can see a few real screenshots so you can have an idea of how they look and the current state of the game:

New cover!

At last an image that truly presents the game.

The challenge was to create a cover that conveyed the emotion of the races while presenting the pilots and the cars in an attractive way. Truth is we think we have succeeded in doing this and we are very happy with the result.

We want to say a big thank you all for the feedback that you have given us on the temporary images that we have been using previously, it has helped us a lot when it came to visualizing the final version.

Final web design

We are working on the website’s facelift which has been a development blog up to now, and which will be, from this point on, an integral part of the game.

This way it will become the fundamental tool in order to download the game and also the meeting point to Racers worldwide.

Checking that everything works fine

If we talk about functionalities, as you can see in the picture, these sections have already been added: News, The Game, Gallery and Community, and inside this last one, you’ll find the awaited Forum. Social media have more weight too, adding the Facebook widget in the side bar.

Rear view

As soon as the game started working as we wanted it to work, and the races started being fun, balanced and frantic, we realized that it was time to work on the rear view mode.

Although we still have to assign it to a definite button and work out a few details (remove certain particles and camera effects which don’t make sense for the rear view), the first tests have been a complete success, and have added a lot of value to the gameplay.

Turbo particles

We have improved its particles and truth is it’s amazing. We are very proud of the visual feel that you get when using the Turbo. You can see it in this image:

Introducing the drivers

Same as with the game cover, it has been decided to present the pilots in individual illustrations using their exclusive special ability.

At this time we have started working with Montana Dom!

That’s all, we’re really happy with the idea of sharing our progress here in the boards and listen to opinions, ideas and suggestions directly from you.

Greetings to everyone here at DigitalPress!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Cool option would be to use some screen space and have a rear view mirror default or as a choice instead of losing focus ahead by having full screen behind. Or you could go the Super Mario Kart route and split screen it, but that eats up a lot of space.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Steam
    gghanier

Cool option would be to use some screen space and have a rear view mirror default or as a choice instead of losing focus ahead by having full screen behind. Or you could go the Super Mario Kart route and split screen it, but that eats up a lot of space.
    Yeah, Mario Kart 7 does the split screen option, but it's a game for 3DS which makes sense. Not an option for us.

Mario Kart 8 for Wii U makes the same thing that we made. We'll add a mini-map option too in the main screen.

thanks for the comment!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I know it's not practical really, which is why I started off mentioning a rear view mirror. All you need at the top of the screen is a small rectangle letting the player see what is behind them to try and block someone passing or to hit them with an item.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Steam
    gghanier

I know it's not practical really, which is why I started off mentioning a rear view mirror. All you need at the top of the screen is a small rectangle letting the player see what is behind them to try and block someone passing or to hit them with an item.
    The problem with that choice, is that you're displaying two different cameras at the same time and it consumes much more resources from your PC, making it run the game slower.

We considered it once but that's the reason why we went for the full screen rear view.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Well what kind of PC are you developing for? A small picture in a picture display for what's behind you shouldn't be that much of a drag at all. You're not really rendering two tracks persay, you're just showing what has already passed your eyes on the main view area instead of dumping it out of memory. I'd think anyone with a half decent dual core or quad core PC from 7-8 years ago with a 1-2GB of RAM video card that does DX9 or nicer should be more than sufficient for a racing game as you're not after hyper realism there.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Steam
    gghanier

Well what kind of PC are you developing for? A small picture in a picture display for what's behind you shouldn't be that much of a drag at all. You're not really rendering two tracks persay, you're just showing what has already passed your eyes on the main view area instead of dumping it out of memory. I'd think anyone with a half decent dual core or quad core PC from 7-8 years ago with a 1-2GB of RAM video card that does DX9 or nicer should be more than sufficient for a racing game as you're not after hyper realism there.
    Mmmmm, the idea is to make the game run on as much PC's as possible! But honestly it's difficult to optimise the game when you develop it using Unity as game engine. There are lots of thing that could be done but the engine does not allow you to control them.

Anyway, we'll take into account your suggestion just in case we consider changing it later on!

Thanks for the feedback and sorry for the delay on my response! (it's been quite busy around here lately...)