Lvl 99 Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nymphomatic

Quote Originally Posted by Jorpho View Post
    Did you really think nothing like this had been done before..?
    http://forum.digitpress.com/forum/sh...Gamecube-Games
    http://forum.digitpress.com/forum/sh...ld-I-get-first

And that's just for starters.
    Really? People are actually replying to this thread and you want to squash it?

Anyway... I always like ZooCube. Cute little puzzle game that no one every talks about.

Zelda Four Swords is a fantastic party game if you can round up enough link cables and GBAs to play it properly.

Space Raiders is a neat Space Invaders reboot.

Alien Hominid is a fun (hard) beat-em-up from the people that made Castle Crashers.

And it's been mentioned, but seriously, Eternal Darkness is a great game.

As is Chibi-Robo.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Seriously those were two very old threads, very old. Crap like that is what will drive off people snarking instead of just answering the question and I thought we wanted this place to grow a bit again. If it's so offensive to have a post put up with possible answers done as far back as 2002, just don't read the thread and don't comment in it. No harm was done, and I'd rather see some new threads, even if they're re-runs made as it gives the look of more activity. Sure the archive here is an asset, but it's also a burden when people can just growl and point a finger. Also, consider that maybe in the last decade opinions have changed on what is good and maybe something ignored in the GC and Wii period ended up being an undiscovered treasure.

I'm sure some will argue this one, but Gauntlet Dark Legacy was like the best version there released on the GC. It works fine alone but if you have friends it's the ultimate four player game.

Ghostbuster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Greg2600

Anything SEGA did gets my vote, I know that's generalizing, but it's true!
    The Paunch Stevenson Show free Internet podcast - www.paunchstevenson.com - DP FEEDBACK

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Phantasy Star Online Episode 1 and 2
    Skies of Arcadia Legends
    Blood Omen 2
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

16-bits, yo Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Leo_A View Post

Three of the GameCube's Resident Evil releases were ported intact to the Wii, all three I believe are significantly cheaper on the Wii (With new copies running well under, the last I looked, used prices for the earlier GCN releases), and Resident Evil 4 saw the addition of a true 16:9 mode while a very well received Wii control scheme was added to the title (With GCN controls remaining an option).

Just something to consider.
    The Wii port of REmake has several control options, including one which only uses the remote (turned sideways, NES style). It's kind of novel to play that way, with such a controller. Of course, if you have a back compat Wii, you can always just use the GC controller, which probably is the best way to play it, but also nunchuk and classic controller/ccpro are also options.

Zero on the Wii doesn't have the remote only option, however. I guess with the zapping system it just didn't have the required number of buttons to get everything on there. All the other options are there though.

4 on the Wii also has the content that was added to the PS2 port, making it more complete than the GC version, yet without any of the sacrifices made during the port to PS2.

There's nothing wrong with the GC versions of the three games, but yeah, if you have a Wii, there's no real reason not to go with those instead. All they did was add more options to them making them either the same or better depending on if you like the options or not.
    Last edited by BlastProcessing402; 03-17-2015 at 07:05 PM.

Reticulating Splines BetaWolf47's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I will throw out that the Capcom games that were build ground up for the 6th generation are generally better on GameCube than PS2. This does include Killer7, Resident Evil 4, Viewtiful Joe, and such.

Also have to give a recommendation for Donkey Kong Jungle Beat. It's a platformer that uses the bongos to control. It sounds odd, but it's the type of game that was made specifically with that control method in mind. It was well received when it came out, with the only real criticism being the short length of the game. The timing-based platforming is extremely satisfying, and the same thing that kept people from trying it, kept others coming back to it. AFAIK, the game and bongos can be obtained pretty cheap.
    Selling gaming accessories. Click