Thread: Does the 3DS Need More Titles Like Ironfall?

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Does the 3DS Need More Titles Like Ironfall?

Any impressions on this Gears of War-mini download only game? I've played through the Campaign demo and I'm not sure what to make of it. I think the portable definitely needs more games like it but this one just seems generic and happy to be a clone.

More games like this and Moon Chronicles are needed. Less garbage like Etrian Mystery Dungeon and Story of Seasons. Seriously, is anyone else HIGHLY unimpressed by the upcoming releases for the system? More complicated-ass rpgs and more life/farm simulators? I'm sorry but it's pathetic.

How about a new Metroid? How about more 3d action-adventure games in general? How about more shooters and sports games? How about some variety? Enough with the rpgs, cutesy farm/life simulators and puzzle/tower defense games already, Nintendo.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

As far as Ironfall and Moon Chronicles go, YES the system badly needs it. I don't think many would care much even if it were a regurgitated/upgraded old one even like the WW2 classic MOH Allied Assault (with proper upgrades for age like no health packs.) Ironfall was intentionally made to be generic, it sat for a very long time as a tech demo. The crew who did this made the most advanced 3D games on the GBA and DS before this. Their breakout was V-Rally 3 (V3D engine) on GBA which basically rendered the terrain like the Saturn did since it wasn't a 3D system either. These guys seem to know how to really blow it out on more limited hardware. The demo online for it was all talk about all the things the engine could do, then they were like screw it and put all their work into a campaign and multiplayer dual package for Ironfall. If anything it's there to be fun, not to really stand out, other than to stand out as something to sell to others wanting to do 3D games like that quality on 3DS/New3DS.

You're right there are a good many simulators/rpgs coming out, but you know they sell well. The problem isn't them, the problem is that first (kinda) and third parties are taking less chances on releasing more variety in genres these days playing it safe. why I don't know when development on the handheld side is tiny compared to the HD beasts on the market for consoles. Handhelds used to be a nice way to cash in and make some dough to throw back into the bank for the bigger works. Maybe crooked IAP, sleazy excuded parts of games as extra DLC costs, and crappy microtransactions probably are much to blame.

Personally I'm with you, I could go with another Metroid (3D but 2D style) or if need be Prime style on the 3DS, it would be huge. I would love to see another Castlevania, a new (not a PLUS) Ace Combat. More fighters would be welcome, they're good for pick up and play. Racing games I'm surprised there's not more of those as they work well for the format. EA has it head way in its ass, losing out on some good handheld madden/fifa/pga golf bucks as I think it's still an untapped resource for them or 2K sports to exploit.

Upcoming stuff I know is coming out I'd buy -- Xenoblade, Puzzle and Dragon/Super Mario Bros, Final Fantasy Explorers. I did miss out on that Adventure Time game last November, the TMNT handheld games (2), and people keep talking up Fantasy Life, but other than that I'm in the dark on what to expect other than Outrun 3D download in a week.

Rodea the Sky Soldier out late this year should be a solid non-RPG game to really enjoy. http://www.nintendolife.com/news/201...estern_release
    Last edited by Tanooki; 03-06-2015 at 10:19 AM.