Thread: SNES or Genesis reproduction carts?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default SNES or Genesis reproduction carts?

Does anyone offer anything similar to nesreproductions.com except for the SNES or Genesis? If so, is there an online list of donor carts?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Social Justice Warrior and proud of it!

Cherry (Level 1) leatherrebel5150's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by retroguy View Post
    Don't use them there have been a lot of complaints with them

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

What kind of complaints, out of curiosity? I've never ordered from there, but it looks legit enough to me.
    Social Justice Warrior and proud of it!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Oh dear lord, ever since i got my super everdrive, i just realized that making repros nowadays is pretty much futile and a bit of a waste, since you know, the games you need to sacrifice them boards are now artificially inflated as all hell and you cant get them anymore for dirt cheap or even reasonable anymore because even the brick & mortar/goodwill like stores have succumbed to the temptation (and betrayed what they used to stand for in the first place) and suck on the giant Ebay/Speculator/Scalper/Extorsionist wee wee.

Not to mentions, most people sun the making of repros for legit rare titles like Bubble Bobble 2, Little Samsom and Suprise at Dinasour Peak, sure, because paying fortunes to get these titles legally is not illegal

Now, i now about these http://www.infiniteneslives.com/nessupplies.php

but then again, these are in case YOU know how to make repros yourself, like, it's not like you can actually tell the repro maker to get you one of these. (damn shame, because IinfiniteLives even has cart shells!, remember when retroUSB use to do them?).

And finally, the EPROM issue, i heard that genesis and SNES repros use FLASH ROMs to make them and they last longer (correct me if i am wrong).

and for me, it's the racism of shipping fees from the US post

Also i got screwed over because of my own postal service, because i actually bought a repro once from Leon, the guy behind nesreproductions.com, and the game in question was sweet Home, and yes, i sacrificed my original Zelda II for it, and then he told me that he needed to convert the board or something to the one from Zelda 1, since Zelda II wasn't compatible, i pay the price and he told me he couldn't get the tracking option from Canada, since they asked $60 USD he told me, well, i got fucked, because my postal service "lost" the package and for a 3 months i got nothing and i complain to my postal service and nada, and they also didn't gave me any confidence either, (that's why i say FUCK IT and just went trough my unaltered Sweet Home untranslated in famicom form), now, i wish no ill towards Leon, because he was nice and refund me my money, but i deeply regret this experience, since i lost Zelda II.

FPGA arm-based system Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    PSN
    bb_hood99

Quote Originally Posted by Gatucaman View Post
    Oh dear lord, ever since i got my super everdrive, i just realized that making repros nowadays is pretty much futile and a bit of a waste, since you know, the games you need to sacrifice them boards are now artificially inflated as all hell and you cant get them anymore for dirt cheap or even reasonable anymore because even the brick & mortar/goodwill like stores have succumbed to the temptation (and betrayed what they used to stand for in the first place) and suck on the giant Ebay/Speculator/Scalper/Extorsionist wee wee.

Not to mentions, most people sun the making of repros for legit rare titles like Bubble Bobble 2, Little Samsom and Suprise at Dinasour Peak, sure, because paying fortunes to get these titles legally is not illegal

Now, i now about these http://www.infiniteneslives.com/nessupplies.php

but then again, these are in case YOU know how to make repros yourself, like, it's not like you can actually tell the repro maker to get you one of these. (damn shame, because IinfiniteLives even has cart shells!, remember when retroUSB use to do them?).

And finally, the EPROM issue, i heard that genesis and SNES repros use FLASH ROMs to make them and they last longer (correct me if i am wrong).

and for me, it's the racism of shipping fees from the US post

Also i got screwed over because of my own postal service, because i actually bought a repro once from Leon, the guy behind nesreproductions.com, and the game in question was sweet Home, and yes, i sacrificed my original Zelda II for it, and then he told me that he needed to convert the board or something to the one from Zelda 1, since Zelda II wasn't compatible, i pay the price and he told me he couldn't get the tracking option from Canada, since they asked $60 USD he told me, well, i got fucked, because my postal service "lost" the package and for a 3 months i got nothing and i complain to my postal service and nada, and they also didn't gave me any confidence either, (that's why i say FUCK IT and just went trough my unaltered Sweet Home untranslated in famicom form), now, i wish no ill towards Leon, because he was nice and refund me my money, but i deeply regret this experience, since i lost Zelda II.
    No point in sacrificing games for repros, and no point in wasting money on repros.
    Flash carts will play 99% of games for nes/snes. You can play the translated version of Sweet Home on the powerpak, along with thousands of other games...

Honestly the people selling repros are just taking advantage of people who dont know better. And they know they are.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by retroguy View Post
    What kind of complaints, out of curiosity? I've never ordered from there, but it looks legit enough to me.
    Communication problems between seller and buyer. The other issue is the amount of time waiting for the getting the repro.

What I meant by time is the fact Game Reproductions in the past could take 2 or 4 weeks for getting the reproduction that you paid for, but the wait based I read had become way worse. The 2 to 4 weeks was true about 3 years ago, but I think they now a tendency not able to handle the amount orders they get without stopping sales.

In terms of waiting time, it could months like 6 or more months to get the reproduction you paid for.

ServBot (Level 11) Edmond Dantes's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Oh crud, and there were some repros I thought of getting that I didn't see available elsewhere (without needing a donor cart at least) too.

Yeah the idea of a flash cart has crossed my mind. I know I could just emulate, but a part of me honestly feels bad doing that... I mean, I already use my computers almost daily while my NES collects dust, why give myself _more_ reason to let the NES collect dust?