Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Video Game Magazines, in Print, in America, in 2015

Administrator

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by segagamer View Post
    I bought one of their 99 cent digital issues, but nothing happened after I entered my info, including my credit card. Was there supposed to be a pop up window or something so I can download it?
    I wish I could help you, but I never tried buying one.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by segagamer View Post
    Can you show a pic of the issue's front cover? My last issue was the Winter 2015 Buyer's Guide. I thought I still have a little left in my subscription.
    It has a Star Wars: Battlefront cover and you should be able to find an image with a web search. As for your subscription, what I have learned from experience is that when magazines are about to go out of business some of them start doing special quarterly issues(as described in one of my earlier post) for another year or two. From my experience with Tips & Tricks and Gamepro, even if you have time left on your subscription they will not send you these special issues. It might be different for you but I usually get a letter saying that they are going out of business and that I can either get a partial subscription refund or they can subscribe me to something else. In the case of Gamepro that was PC Gamer so I opted for the refund since I had no interest in that magazine. And then there's the times when you won't hear anything from the publisher, which is what happens when you are subscribed to a Dave Harvelson magazine like Play. He'll cancel the magazine, start a new one and will completely ignore any time you have left on your current subscription and will refuse to put it towards his new magazine.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by The 1 2 P View Post
    It has a Star Wars: Battlefront cover and you should be able to find an image with a web search. As for your subscription, what I have learned from experience is that when magazines are about to go out of business some of them start doing special quarterly issues(as described in one of my earlier post) for another year or two. From my experience with Tips & Tricks and Gamepro, even if you have time left on your subscription they will not send you these special issues. It might be different for you but I usually get a letter saying that they are going out of business and that I can either get a partial subscription refund or they can subscribe me to something else. In the case of Gamepro that was PC Gamer so I opted for the refund since I had no interest in that magazine. And then there's the times when you won't hear anything from the publisher, which is what happens when you are subscribed to a Dave Harvelson magazine like Play. He'll cancel the magazine, start a new one and will completely ignore any time you have left on your current subscription and will refuse to put it towards his new magazine.
    Got it in the mail today!!! However, I was informed by EGM customer service last week that my subscription will end with this issue. Not sure if I want to pay for another 6 issues subscription. I was not even sent any reminders to renew...

Administrator

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

And then there's the times when you won't hear anything from the publisher, which is what happens when you are subscribed to a Dave Harvelson magazine like Play. He'll cancel the magazine, start a new one and will completely ignore any time you have left on your current subscription and will refuse to put it towards his new magazine.
    Sounds like people have had some problems with this Dave Halverson fellow. If half of what I've seen and read about him is true, he sounds pretty scummy. Perhaps we should call his magazine GameFilth instead of GameFan.

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Azathoth1488
    PSN
    Azathoth_IKA
    3DS Friend
    4313-0753-9074

It has a Star Wars: Battlefront cover and you should be able to find an image with a web search.
    That's the same one that wasn't a proper issue but was something like top 100 games of 2015 preview wasn't it? If so they must have multiple covers as mine features the new Halo game on it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nz17 View Post
    Sounds like people have had some problems with this Dave Halverson fellow. If half of what I've seen and read about him is true, he sounds pretty scummy. Perhaps we should call his magazine GameFilth instead of GameFan.
    That would be a very appropriate name. It still amazes me that anyone buys anything he sells after all the shady business practices he's been a part of.

Quote Originally Posted by Az View Post
    That's the same one that wasn't a proper issue but was something like top 100 games of 2015 preview wasn't it? If so they must have multiple covers as mine features the new Halo game on it.
    They no longer print proper issues, just specials that will last another year or so before they're completely gone from print(unless their Walmart deal allows them a little longer life). They probably did have multiple covers because it does feature the top 100 games of 2015. Interestingly the cover of their last issue(2015 Video Game Buyers Guide) also featured a Halo cover but that one was for The Master Chief Collection.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I am the same as another, just buy the magazine

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Wait, Game Informer is considered "high quality"?