Thread: Anyone playing Mortal Kombat X?

Pac-Man (Level 10) mailman187666's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Default Anyone playing Mortal Kombat X?

I've been following the series since the first game, although I do realize not all of them were as great as the rest. This new one is probably one of the best Mortal Kombat games in my opinion. the mechanics are as deep as ever, and the mix of characters are pretty interesting, given that you have offspring of existing characters. Of all my years of playing games, I think this is the most violent and obscene game I've ever played. I mean yeah you can do a lot of immoral things in grand theft auto V, but the level of detail on brutality in MKX is through the roof. It's kind of funny how back when Manhunt 2 came out, it had to be censored, while MKX is 10x worse, and still gets an M rating.

I know there was some trouble with Steam version of the game, and some of the micro-transactions are not everyone's cup of tea. I would really like to avoid getting into a detailed discussion on those topics regarding this game. I'd rather keep this thread about game content if possible.

I'm playing on PS4, and it's a great game IMO. It's one of the first games in a long time I've had to start playing on Easy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Did you get the DLC as well? I was going to buy this cause I wanted Predator but I'll just wait for the Complete edition down the road if I even care by then. Which I probably won't since Street Fighter 5 will probably be released.

Pac-Man (Level 10) mailman187666's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

yeah, I took the plunge and got that season pass thing to play as the DLC characters. Being able to play Jason Vs. Predator is something I decided I need in my life

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Zthun
    PSN
    Zthun
    Steam
    Zthun

Quote Originally Posted by mailman187666 View Post
    I've been following the series since the first game, although I do realize not all of them were as great as the rest. This new one is probably one of the best Mortal Kombat games in my opinion. the mechanics are as deep as ever, and the mix of characters are pretty interesting, given that you have offspring of existing characters. Of all my years of playing games, I think this is the most violent and obscene game I've ever played. I mean yeah you can do a lot of immoral things in grand theft auto V, but the level of detail on brutality in MKX is through the roof. It's kind of funny how back when Manhunt 2 came out, it had to be censored, while MKX is 10x worse, and still gets an M rating.

I know there was some trouble with Steam version of the game, and some of the micro-transactions are not everyone's cup of tea. I would really like to avoid getting into a detailed discussion on those topics regarding this game. I'd rather keep this thread about game content if possible.

I'm playing on PS4, and it's a great game IMO. It's one of the first games in a long time I've had to start playing on Easy.
    The production value is pretty awesome. I loved that they kept almost the same engine as 9, but added background interaction. I get to throw old people at my opponent. I'm beating mutha f*****s with other mutha f*****s.

If you're running the steam version like I am, then you need to keep in mind that it's not optimized very well, and if you want to run at max settings, the recommended hardware is a $300 i7 processor with another $200 top of the line video card. The processor really isn't that important, but a good video card is required to make sure it's not choppy.

Also, the trouble with the Steam version was actually valve's blunder. They released the game before all of the stream packs were ready and up for download, so even though it said good to go, nobody could play it b/c the files didn't exist yet. They basically just released the game at its scheduled drop time and everything was fine.
    Last edited by Zthun; 04-16-2015 at 10:49 PM.

Great Puma (Level 12) Niku-Sama's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

Even with 6 core's and 2 r9 270x at hand i think I'd rather play it on ps3.

Some one at work told me there's a place holder date for December release on the pervious systems....... Don't know if i believe em though

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Zthun
    PSN
    Zthun
    Steam
    Zthun

Quote Originally Posted by Niku-Sama View Post
    Even with 6 core's and 2 r9 270x at hand i think I'd rather play it on ps3.

Some one at work told me there's a place holder date for December release on the pervious systems....... Don't know if i believe em though
    It's probably for the optimizations. The 360 and PS3 hardware is not really enough to run the game in the state it's in. The official date on Gamefly is 12/31, but we'll see how that goes.

OCP Corporate Liason Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    RAGNAR0K N ROLL
    PSN
    ROBOCOP2

I have been. So,far I like it but it feels clunky with the xbone controller. Oh how I,wish the arcade stick that came with my MK9 would work.....

I really like the Ferra/Torr character.
    Quote Originally Posted by bangtango View Post
    If you have trouble figuring out the meaning of "Multiplayer", "Time Trial" or "Campaign" without the manual, I probably don't want you doing my income taxes for me and I don't want you dating my daughter either.