Thread: Cashing in spare change and offing gaming junk...

Pac-Man (Level 10) Emperor Megas's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Lightbulb Cashing in spare change and offing gaming junk...

I made a thread in December 2010 asking members to guess how much change I'd amassed in my change jug and someone quipped that it was pointless if I wasn't offering a prize to the winner, which I thought sounded like a cool idea.

This was the old thread: http://forum.digitpress.com/forum/showthread.php?149999

Well, I'm PROBABLY going to be cashing out my change again later this year and this time I'll offer prizes for whoever guesses the closest. I don't have the water jug anymore, and I don't think I have the smaller plastic containers either, so we'll be guessing without the advantage of comparing what the last haul added up to. This time around my coins are in several containers, the largest one being a huge, plastic Coca-Cola bottle shaped bank (that I bought at the Coke store in Vegas).

As for the giveaways, and the excuse for this being in Classic Gaming forum, I think I'll round up a bunch of gaming odds and ends I have laying around (duplicates, games I don't like or won't play, swag, mags, strategy guides, empty cases, extra manuals, posters, weird stuff I just happened upon, etc.) and just offer the winner their choice of a few items. Nothing special I promise, but maybe somethings the winner or someone they know may want.

If anyone else collects change too, and has gaming junk laying around that's not worth trying to sell, but too valued to simply toss in the trash, maybe you can do the same? It might be a fun little distraction with posting being a little slower around here.

Great Puma (Level 12) Niku-Sama's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

Got any pics of the haul this time?

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'd be willing to offer my copy of "imagine babyz" for 3DS to whoever can guess the amount of change I have lying around my room. Seriously, I don't know how I've come to have so much coinage everywhere, just a few months ago I would've been scraping that shit up for a six-pack of Nasty Ice.

Yes imagine babyz. Lowercase spelling and a ® behind each word. Apparently Ubisoft have the words "imagine" and "babyz" on lockdown... I may have to pay them royalties for posting this.

celerystalker is a poindexter celerystalker's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

I'm just happy you guys are trying to keep the conversations going. I like this forum. It's the only one I post on, but I started a bit late after all the years of lurking in the import forum. I think I'll do something similar with the thread I have in the What it's worth forum about the stuff I've been digging up in my basement I'm trying to research. First person that can figure the value of that damn Resident Evil hat I posted a picture of can get a prize from these totes I'm going through. There's a ton of odds and ends in these things, and mostly old promotional stuff.

59 6F 75 72 20 48 44 44 20 61 64 64 69 6E 67 20 65 6D 62 61 72 72 61 73 73 69 6E 67 20 64 61 74 61
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FieryReign View Post
    I'd be willing to offer my copy of "imagine babyz" for 3DS to whoever can guess the amount of change I have lying around my room. Seriously, I don't know how I've come to have so much coinage everywhere, just a few months ago I would've been scraping that shit up for a six-pack of Nasty Ice.

Yes imagine babyz. Lowercase spelling and a ® behind each word. Apparently Ubisoft have the words "imagine" and "babyz" on lockdown... I may have to pay them royalties for posting this.
    Whoa! That's "babyz" with a "z". Shit must be legit hardcore, bro. Fo shizzle.
    Mario says "... if you do drugs, you go to hell before you die."

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RP2A03 View Post
    Whoa! That's "babyz" with a "z". Shit must be legit hardcore, bro. Fo shizzle.
    I "imagine" it would be hardcore, never had the audacity to fire it up. Came with a huge lot I bought awhile back. There's actually quite a few of these baby games on 3DS/DS. I'm sure someone out there would appreciate it? No skin off my back. What kind of prize would you expect? A factory sealed Panic Restaurant? The thread is called "offing gaming junk", just trying to help out...
    Last edited by FieryReign; 05-24-2015 at 10:47 PM.

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Never played it, but in its lifespan wasn't it kind of the posterchild for DS shovelware? :P

59 6F 75 72 20 48 44 44 20 61 64 64 69 6E 67 20 65 6D 62 61 72 72 61 73 73 69 6E 67 20 64 61 74 61
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FieryReign View Post
    What kind of prize would you expect? A factory sealed Panic Restaurant?
    Now your talking!

Actually, I was just making fun of Ubisoft's apparent propensity to put their baseball capz on backwardz and substitute "s" for "z".
    Mario says "... if you do drugs, you go to hell before you die."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I keep my coins inside of this.
    Attachment 8084

I could do a coinage guessing game on that but I don't have anything I'd really give away free at this point as I've stripped my shelves pretty well.

By the way that Resident Evil hat, the answer is easy -- as much as someone is willing to pay for it. I await my prize.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Niku-Sama View Post
    Got any pics of the haul this time?
    I plan to use the money for a graduation trip in October (to San Diego, I believe) so I'm not going to cash it in for a few months. I haven't taken pics yet because I can accumulate a lot of change in that time and it would throw the estimate off.

I posted to sort of put the idea out there for others who might want to do something similar. I know that others here collect change (I came across a few topics about it searching for my old one) and I figured it could be pretty fun if people participated. I'll post a few picks of some of the 'junk' that I'll probably be offering up soon though.

If anyone else has some ideas that could yield some fun giveaways (and drive up posting/traffic a little), please post them up. I'm sure most here have a bunch of superfluous stuff they'd love to off.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tanooki View Post
    I keep my coins inside of this.
    Attachment 8084

I could do a coinage guessing game on that but I don't have anything I'd really give away free at this point as I've stripped my shelves pretty well.

By the way that Resident Evil hat, the answer is easy -- as much as someone is willing to pay for it. I await my prize.
    That's a great try, but in the actual thread I spelled out the need to document an actual sale, so the joke answer won't do. Sorry, but your princess (or whatever prize) is in another response.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Is an image of this Resident Evil hat posted anywhere?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts