Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Holy! Earthbound 0 / Mother is OFFICIALLY RELEASED by Nintendo of America, Translated into English as "Earthbound Beginnings"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Tanooki View Post
    I thought they kind of shuttered the Wii shop. I know they stopped selling the points card when they killed that network to setup the NNIDs they use now. .
    Nope, it's still very much around.

You just have to buy points directly off the Wii Shop, which I imagine most did even back in 2006.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Well that's interesting. Kind of sucks for the Wii people then for the few gems they don't get the later stuff does. I guess Nintendo just keeps it around for the owners but isn't too public about it. At least they didn't shut it down.

Seems to make a EB cart of my own would require the $20-30 writer, a $16.50 MMC3 TKROM board w/battery and the $5 upgrade for the 256/256 prg/chr package. Then a shell would be required along with making a sticker.

I can't find one maker who does the game who uses the true game, not the screwed up ZERO trash.

celerystalker is a poindexter celerystalker's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Lostclassicvgs.com does. I bought one there awhile back, and it isn't the Zero hack.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

They must have pulled it, it's not there now. Thanks though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Ah, probably didn't want to mess with Nintendo. I'd e-mail them if you're interested, as they take requests. I've bought two games from them that work great.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20150618_000207.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	118.7 KB 
ID:	8133
    They have about a two week turn around in my experience. I really wish Nintendo would just put out a physical copy in English.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Not realistic but would be nice and I'd be cool just with it on the 3DS VC. I could be most motivated then as I could play it in bed every night for an hour or two.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Yeah, I bought the Mother 1+2 cart for GBA years ago for that reason, but I'd prefer to play in English if it were available.

ServBot (Level 11) Edmond Dantes's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Sucks to know that not all repro carts of the same game are created equal. Like Tanook, I looked at that site and didn't see Earthbound on NES. If anyone finds a second tho, lemme know.

I actually saw a Mother 3 fan-translation cart on ebay which I thought of buying. Because as convenient as emulators are, I'd rather play on real hardware when I have the option.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

There's a couple sites most people recommend. They both offer Earth Bound NES. If you're concerned, just ask whether they use the original prototype ROM or the Zero hack.

http://www.shopflashbackgames.com/
    http://www.ocdreproductions.com/

And for Mother 3, the best seller I've found so far is DxS, he does awesome and reliable work. Only problem is his thread is at NintendoAge and I don't know if he still offers GBA repros.

http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/mes...hreadid=140120

Come join us on Micro-64

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I know he won't do it anymore, but Piko pre-going legit made an equal quality release of Mother 3 as well. I've had the same game from both of them, and I've also have had the original style (fails when battery dies erasing the game) and the modern with all chips and no batteries stuff from DXS for DQM Monsters Caravan Heart. I can totally vouch for his work.

Earlier this year he sent me a second DQM because of how the original one failed. I'm not sure he makes them anymore in any kind of mass, but he does have an account on this site, maybe he'll see the message and make someone a game.

Edmond - Feel the same, if I can play it on the real system, I will, especially above all a handheld game since I can find it far easier these days to play on a handheld than a dedicated TV unfortunately. I can't remember the last time the PS4 has been used to game and not do movies because of this which is why I haven't bought anything on it in ages. I'm looking to get Wolf Old Blood (UK ver so it's real) shortly on there though.

I think the key is to find someone using the true and honest non-ZERO proto and getting a cart made. Even if I resorted to a bloody rom and a flash kit and just copied the save to the cart for when I can play it thanks to the Retron5 I'd be game on that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

LeonK still does good work too, only issue is he requires donor carts to be sent to him.

www.nesreproductions.com

If new parts are a must, you could ask around and see if someone in the US will buy the parts from INL and then sell you a new parts Earth Bound cartridge. I could also do INL cartridges but I'm over in Canada.

Again, look to The Cutting Room Floor's proto page for Mother to get the prototype ROM.

Come join us on Micro-64

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Since you all were helping out with my discussion towards making a new one I thought I'd share this.

The friend I made over at pinside who I coached through learning how to use the kazoo/inl tools a bit and on prg/chr data sizes and so on followed through. I got my Earthbound (pure proto rom, non Zero) cart made by him and received a little over a week ago. It came in a baseball NES cart shell, that sticker was fun to remove. Anyway I recalled that the gamereproductions.com guy was both local with his mailing address a mile up the street from me and had been a friend in the past. I got with him on facebook and put an order in for a highest quality laminate label from him for the game, I was going to pay for it, but he decided to just be awesome and surprise me with it in my mailbox at no charge. So now that's been applied I've got a total Earthbound cart to enjoy.

Now if I can just figure a good way to take starmen.net's EB HTML guide and PDF it. I already leeched it using a firefox plugin.

Attachment 8227

Insert Coin (Level 0) Einzelherz's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yeah gamereproductions is really cool about small stuff like that. I've been getting things from him happily for about five years now.