Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Red Ash (Inafune's "Spiritual Successor" to Mega Men Legends)

Reticulating Splines BetaWolf47's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I donated for a PC version. Glad I have that. Wouldn't it make more sense to ask EVERYONE what system they wanted the game on, then ask for money for that?
    Selling gaming accessories. Click

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

That's the problem I was getting at. By saying hit this cap, then the group can decide which one gets a real release of the game is shady. I hope anyone who doesn't get their way pulls the funding from them as it's not the right way to do business propping up that hope to have it pulled away if the majority doesn't agree with you. What if you see (PC excluded for ease) a 55/45 split on PS4/One? That's a lot of people getting screwed.

Great Puma (Level 12) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Well, this just confirms my opinion that Inafune is a total scumbag. Kamiya was right.

FPGA arm-based system Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    PSN
    bb_hood99

I know people are discussing other aspects, but am I the only one who thinks this game looks... well... bad?
    The characters look very uninspired and generic.
    When I hear the name Red Ash all I can think of is pokemon. The main character's name was Ash and he wore a red baseball hat.
    Also, at this point I have really "had it up to here" with games that take place is some dystopian future where everything is grey and in ruins.
    Everything about this just feels like....blah.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

It definitely feels to me like the concept is played out, but no not until you brought pokemon into it I had thought of that, and now I can't get it out he probably ripped it off from there. As you said Ash was the hero in the anime, but in the game itself, RED was the main characters name on the red cart (blue on blue) in the US. Furthermore in the manga, the translated one, the dude's name is Red too. I am fed up with the whole post apocalyptic crap with games and the rest, it's boring. I know I've spouted off in here as have others, but I can honestly say I don't see me ever buying this short of some weird Steam give away or a steal on GoG (or Steam) where it's like 80% off on some summer/holiday jam thing they do as I'd figure I'd get maybe $2 of fun out of a game in that setting. Mighty 09 though I'll pick up on 3DS full price as I can see the fun in that one at least.

Administrator

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tanooki View Post
    Mighty 09
    Tanooki, why do you always write Mighty No. 9's title this way?

Great Puma (Level 12) Niku-Sama's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

I think probably the same reason I type it as xbone

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nz17 View Post
    Tanooki, why do you always write Mighty No. 9's title this way?
    Being lazy or it was just being that way about it with android auto complete junk on my tablet.

Administrator

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

The Red Ash staff is running a poll on whom the public wants to be the mayor of one of the game's villages. This poll is open to both backers and non-backers, so everybody is free to vote. Therefore I bring this poll to you, the people of the Retrogaming Roundtable. Who would make the best mayor for an interesting story?

Candidate 4: Alisa Primaya
    Her slogan is "Act with honor. Build a strong and noble village."
    Late teens.
    She is extremely fussy about neatness and orderliness. She believes discipline is the key to development and prosperity of the village.
    ---

Candidate 3: Masha Sisenoch
    Her slogan is "Economize! Always find the most rational use!"
    Not quite 10 years old.
    She has a strong sense of finance and economizing, and would thus probably get along well with Call.
    ---

Candidate 2: Elena February
    Her slogan is "A beautiful village for a sound tomorrow!"
    Early 20's.
    She's quite the optimist, and became a candidate because it seemed like a fun thing to do. She likes gardening, and she wants to reform the village into a more flowery and beautiful design.
    ---

Candidate 1: Natasha Mille
    Her slogan is "Strong wills bring great hope."
    Late 20's. Current mayor.
    She has a gentle demeanor, but she has a lot of experience and makes strong speeches. She prioritizes defending the village and its people's livelihoods over anything else. She sometimes even fights when Diesol wander into the village.
    ---

> Vote here: https://polldaddy.com/poll/8986553/ <

Great Puma (Level 12) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Not another one of those poll things. Is Inafune just going to make all of his games like this from now on?

ServBot (Level 11) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    Psygnosis8
    PSN
    Psygnosis8
    Steam
    Psygnosis8

I've played many of the Mighty NO.9 levels on the Steam builds, and they're aweome. Ya'll won't be disappointed. The water one is particularly aweome.

However, I'm a bit miffed about Inafune crowdfunding another project. C'mon, shouldn't you have revenue now?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Graham Mitchell View Post
    I've played many of the Mighty NO.9 levels on the Steam builds, and they're aweome. Ya'll won't be disappointed. The water one is particularly aweome.

However, I'm a bit miffed about Inafune crowdfunding another project. C'mon, shouldn't you have revenue now?
    Mighty No.9 isn't out. So why would they have revenue? They have nothing to sell yet.
    New Comics for the Week of 10-03-12

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by The Adventurer View Post
    Mighty No.9 isn't out. So why would they have revenue? They have nothing to sell yet.
    That's kind of the point people are trying to make about this whole Red Ash thing.
    They have nothing and are trying to cash grab before the cash grab.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JSoup View Post
    That's kind of the point people are trying to make about this whole Red Ash thing.
    They have nothing and are trying to cash grab before the cash grab.
    Again, it's completely normal for a developer to move on to the next project while the last project is getting ready to ship. They can't just sit around on their asses paying people to do nothing. Fund raising for the next project is a continuing process.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

You're right, but that's a normal developer who has money already and bankrolls the gamble towards the next project and the next. In this case, you have a guy with a history, using his name to panhandle cash for his projects since no one wants to actually employ him or his studio for their ideas, so he has gone out on a limb and is doing it himself, through digital panhandling. That would leave a sour taste in anyones mouth in this case since he's treating kickstarter people like investors/stock holders, which they're really not, and then asking again for even more money on another project when the first isn't even for sale yet. That's not right.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by The Adventurer View Post
    Again, it's completely normal for a developer to move on to the next project while the last project is getting ready to ship.
    When they have money, yes.
    Oh, that's right, they fucking don't.
    Begging for cash while waiting for the first haul to come in is bad form and people are rightly calling them on it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tanooki View Post
    You're right, but that's a normal developer who has money already and bankrolls the gamble towards the next project and the next. In this case, you have a guy with a history, using his name to panhandle cash for his projects since no one wants to actually employ him or his studio for their ideas, so he has gone out on a limb and is doing it himself, through digital panhandling. That would leave a sour taste in anyones mouth in this case since he's treating kickstarter people like investors/stock holders, which they're really not, and then asking again for even more money on another project when the first isn't even for sale yet. That's not right.
    Developers rarely have spare capital laying around for new games. That's why publishers exist. Publishers are the money men. So while you're making your current title, you're panhandling to publishers for funding your next. This is why exclusivity deals exist.

Its absolutely NO DIFFERENT then using Kickstarter again. Except that you, the public, get to see how the sausage is made.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JSoup View Post
    When they have money, yes.
    Oh, that's right, they fucking don't.
    Begging for cash while waiting for the first haul to come in is bad form and people are rightly calling them on it.
    And watch there be crippling bugs in the game, and he does a new kickstarter to fund fixing them.

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Actually there is a difference. If the developer funds or even partially funds, they'll actually have a better contractual agreement. Keeping the ip, getting more money per sale, etc. Even when a game is fully funded by a publisher the developer still gets profit with each game sold, so if the developer funds most or all of the game, then they'll get a far larger amount of profit one would assume.

Here's a tweet from the Hotline Miami developers. Inafune should use this idea instead.

Here's a link to our Kickstarter for Hotline Miami 2. Please retweet.

store.steampowered.com/app/219150/

https://mobile.twitter.com/HotlineMi...7425152000?p=p
    *edit*

Additionally, if a developer such as Inafune can't get a publisher to fund his projects, either it's not worth publishing or he wants a much higher rate of return than they're offering. Repeatedly getting kickstarter funding is just greed from Inafune and nothing more.
    Last edited by kupomogli; 07-19-2015 at 11:01 PM.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Looking at both Red Ash projects that are being funded, with 13 days left to reach the goal, it actually doesn't look like either one is going to be funded. Looks like a lot of people have the same or similar opinion about him. Whatever good will he had seems to have been lost.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...gend?ref=users
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.