Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Red Ash (Inafune's "Spiritual Successor" to Mega Men Legends)

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Let's end cap this with Mighty No. 9 not being released this year and mentions of a 2016 release being optimistic.
    http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/a...e-in-2015.aspx

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JSoup View Post
    Let's end cap this with Mighty No. 9 not being released this year and mentions of a 2016 release being optimistic.
    http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/a...e-in-2015.aspx

Watch out for the blind defenders, "Hur Dur he wouldn' lie to us gamers. Kickstarter is amazing."

I will never back a kickstarter. It is always broken promise after broken promise.
    Cool people I have bought stuff from on this board: orrimarrko kyosuke75 dave2236 video_game_addict cloudstrife29661 NESCollector75

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

WTF wasn't that supposed to be out in a month or something? Guess they need more time to launder the money into some off shore account before vanishing eh?

Considering they found some deep pocketed Chinese company to be a backer of their work, is it too late for MIghty No 9 funders to request a refund? I really don't feel with all these shenanigans and breaking their own terms of their kickstarter is right at all and should NOT be rewarded.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kai123 View Post
    I will never back a kickstarter. It is always broken promise after broken promise.
    Well, no. There are plenty of Kickstarters that have delivered and plenty more that basically met project goals. It's more about backing carefully. Only projects you're really interested in and ones that show a lot of forethought.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Watch out for the blind defenders, "Hur Dur he wouldn' lie to us gamers. Kickstarter is amazing."

Delays? For a video game? WELL I NEVER!

Is that mouth breathy enough for you? Rather a broken promise, then a broken game.
    New Comics for the Week of 10-03-12

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

So wait, one of the creators of Megaman is now making 2 copycat Megaman games? And that's supposed to be cool and people are funding it? When's the last time a good Megaman game came out that wasn't a remake? What are people expecting here, there is a reason he is no longer with Capcom. The same with Shenmue. You think you want it but I'd suggest going back and playing the first 2 games. People are just being blinded with nostalgia and their favorite game creators leaving their publishers.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by The Adventurer View Post
    Delays? For a video game? WELL I NEVER!
    What's that? The Adventurer purposefully missing the point? WELL THAT NEVER HAPPENS!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FieryReign View Post
    So wait, one of the creators of Megaman is now making 2 copycat Megaman games? And that's supposed to be cool and people are funding it? When's the last time a good Megaman game came out that wasn't a remake? What are people expecting here, there is a reason he is no longer with Capcom. The same with Shenmue. You think you want it but I'd suggest going back and playing the first 2 games. People are just being blinded with nostalgia and their favorite game creators leaving their publishers.
    No, man, I legitimately want Shenmue III. I would have settled for a manga or visual novel. Anything more than that is icing on the cake.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sfchakan View Post
    No, man, I legitimately want Shenmue III. I would have settled for a manga or visual novel. Anything more than that is icing on the cake.
    Don't want to turn this into a Shenmue thread, but why? I loved the original but there were serious flaws, even back then. This type of open-ended game is not wanted now, unless they make serious changes.

The best part of Shenmue to me was driving a forklift and having a job that was identical to my own in real life. The arcade was nice but it still felt like a chore. That has long since passed. I'm well into my 30s and have enough experience to tell this boring game to fuck off. If you like boring gameplay, going to school, going to work, buying useless junk, lame qte segments, and a crap fight system this game is still for you. If I want to go to work or school then I'll do that in real life, not in a fucking Sega game.

It will be cancelled or the entire thing will get an overhaul, with gun in Ryos hand, and looking more like Yakuza. Is Suzuki supposed to even be involved with this? The budget for the original games were off the fucking wall, how do they expect to even reach those goals? Shenmue is overrated and Shenmue 2 is just plain boring and convoluted for its own good. Better off as a history lesson.

Reticulating Splines BetaWolf47's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well, I canceled my pledge. The cash isn't going to matter to the project anyway. Glad it's coming out.
    Selling gaming accessories. Click

Great Puma (Level 12) Niku-Sama's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

woah woah woah woah.

so mighty 09 isn't out yet and the dude is asking for MORE money for a different game?
    I thought 09 was out already

this guy is just an ass hat con artist at this point. fuck em

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I think what Inafune did wrong was trying to launch a new multimedia IP right from the get go, especially with so little initial funding. Just make the game first. Put it on Windows, then port it all over the place once revenue starts rolling in. Hell, put it on Windows and then find a console publishing partner who wants to help market and fund it for a timed exclusive.

Use any and all profit to fund future endeavors and only come back to Kickstarter if necessary.

Fuck the cartoon, it can come later, if there's enough of a demand for it.

Fuck future projects, ship one respectable game first.

Also, treat your community well and make sure your community team isn't toxic as shit.

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I just love that mighty 9 is almost done so it is natural to move on to another project bull crap. Gamers love to defend people who do not have their best interest in mind. I just think of game developers like a car salesman. It is always something and you can never just buy it and be done with it. You are hounded for extras that should just come with it.
    Cool people I have bought stuff from on this board: orrimarrko kyosuke75 dave2236 video_game_addict cloudstrife29661 NESCollector75

ServBot (Level 11) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    Psygnosis8
    PSN
    Psygnosis8
    Steam
    Psygnosis8

I just love that mighty 9 is almost done so it is natural to move on to another project bull crap.
    That's what I think too. People have already invested in him, and so far nobody's reaped the rewards yet. And you're gonna go ask for more money? Inafune pls. If your work is so awesome and successful, why can't you get a publisher to fund your next project?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

That's what I said before. Everyone has mega man blue tinted glasses on kissing his butt. He's got an unfinished delayed into 2016 project and now he starts another that's a two parter begging yet for more cash when he can't even get the first one out acceptably. At least he didn't get this stuff funded as it should be a valuable lesson.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

They released a statement today saying the game was not delayed and is still on target for a September release.

Doesn't really change my opinion of how the project was mismanaged, but I'm glad everyone who backed it won't have to wait until next year.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Same here, but if it really is still set for a little over a month from now I'm happy to see that at least being a promise finally kept especially those who paid up front.

Administrator

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

The Red Ash game is currently at $495,831 pledged of $800,000 goal. (61.97%)
    The Red Ash anime is currently at $134,289 pledged of $150,000 goal. (89.52%)

Fundraising ends Monday, August 3rd 2015 at 2:30 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time.

Great Puma (Level 12) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Guy didn't deserve it, anyway.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sfchakan View Post
    They released a statement today saying the game was not delayed and is still on target for a September release.

Doesn't really change my opinion of how the project was mismanaged, but I'm glad everyone who backed it won't have to wait until next year.
    Source? Please don't cite that Arabgamer "article" as that was speculation based on an old forum post and as far as I know, neither the developer nor publisher has responded to the GameInformer article yet.