I searched for a thread about the Retron 5, but couldn't find one. Sorry, if I overlooked it.

I'm on the edge buying a Retron 5. I saw one three weeks ago and didn't even know that this product was on the market, but immediately I was impressed by it.

I didn't play a lot of videogames in the last couple of years partially because of my job and moreover I wasn't in the mood playing. Aditionally, I was out of the country and came back six weeks ago. Since I'm rediscovering my gameroom and looking at all my games (a smaller collection, around 1700 games from the NES on, 12 consoles), I'm truly in the game-mode again.

I'm in the process of reorganizing my gameroom, buying lots of new stuff: Games and games and games, a new HDTV, the older CRT I'll keep of course for the older systems, and while I was making all this buying decisions I saw in a used gamestore the Retron 5. I was flabbergasted.

Wonderful graphics, the possibility of the Retron 5 to be linked to an HDTV, even for an emulator skeptic like me is the prospect of having this system incredibly tempting. I will always keep the older systems and prefer to play the games on them, but the Retron 5 as a complementary system would just be great.

Then the shock came: I googled and read reviews, I watched Youtube videos about the system, and now I'm really not sure anymore if I should buy it or not. On the one hand I'd love to have a system with all these possibilities and play a SNES Axelay on a 48 inch HDTV with these kind of graphics, on the other hand I don't like to buy a system which might break down in a year because it is cheaply built or still has the deathgrip problem.

Which are your experiences with the Retron 5? Did it break down? Did it damage games? Or is it fun and you'd recommend buying it?