Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Lvl 99 Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nymphomatic

Shadows of Adam is a new Kickstarter JRPG in the style of Final Fantasy: Mystic Quest

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Great review of Willow! I commented on that already on your Youtube page, I like this game a lot, it has charme and atmosphere. And the editing of your Youtube reviews are really good.

Interesting project this 'Shadow of Adam' game. I will look into it, I like the gameplay and the looks. Thanks for bringing it to our attention.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nymphomatic

Quote Originally Posted by lendelin View Post
    Great review of Willow! I commented on that already on your Youtube page, I like this game a lot, it has charme and atmosphere. And the editing of your Youtube reviews are really good.

Interesting project this 'Shadow of Adam' game. I will look into it, I like the gameplay and the looks. Thanks for bringing it to our attention.
    It's a shame Capcom doesn't do RPGs anymore - although I know better. Modern Capcom is an empty shell of it's former self.

Also, yeah, I feel like I learn something new with every project (in regards to editing).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nymphomatic

Treasure of the Rudras is the best RPG from Squaresoft to remain unreleased in the West

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Great that you reviewed Treasure of the Rudras!

Recently I read up more in depth about Super Famicom RPGs not released in the US and Europe, and I discovered Repro carts of these games. I have to play these games, I had no idea how many fantastic SNES-RPGS were unfortunately never released in America. I am so looking forward to play these fantastic games.

I 'll buy the following games very soon, do you have other suggestions? I might have overlooked some must-have games.

Secret of Mana 2
    Tales of Phantasia
    Star Ocean
    Treasure of the Rudras
    Romancing Saga 3

I really want the Tales game because I have all the Tales games released in the US (for consoles, I don't collect and play handhelds except for the couple of GBA games I have which I play with the Gameboy Player on the GameCube).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nymphomatic

Quote Originally Posted by lendelin View Post
    Great that you reviewed Treasure of the Rudras!

Recently I read up more in depth about Super Famicom RPGs not released in the US and Europe, and I discovered Repro carts of these games. I have to play these games, I had no idea how many fantastic SNES-RPGS were unfortunately never released in America. I am so looking forward to play these fantastic games.

I 'll buy the following games very soon, do you have other suggestions? I might have overlooked some must-have games.

Secret of Mana 2
    Tales of Phantasia
    Star Ocean
    Treasure of the Rudras
    Romancing Saga 3

I really want the Tales game because I have all the Tales games released in the US (for consoles, I don't collect and play handhelds except for the couple of GBA games I have which I play with the Gameboy Player on the GameCube).
    Just warning you, Romancing Saga 3 doesn't have a finished translation and your character name displays with weird spacing issues (drives me nuts). It's mostly done, but I'd hold on a reproduction honestly. Tales of Phantasia's a good game, the SNES translation has a lot of swearing which a lot of people complain about. I didn't mind it, but it does sound out of place. The upgraded PSX version has two complete translations available, if I were to play the game again today it would be one of those and not the SNES version. Just for the updated graphics and additional party character. Also I'd probably just stick to the PSP version of Star Ocean, but there's nothing wrong with the SNES original. Seiken Densetsu 3 is a must play though! As is (obviously) Rudra.

I also really liked:

Dragon Quest III (the SFC remake is gorgeous)
    Dragon Quest V (yeah it's on DS but this is one of my favorite games)
    Dark Half (haven't spent too much time on this one but the concept of playing a vampire who has to eat NPCs to survive is a great hook)
    FEDA (It's like a darker more serious Shining Force)
    Glory of Heracles 3 (a really solid Dragon Quest clone in ancient Greece)
    Live A Live (Plays a lot like Saga Frontier, choose different chapters set in different time periods and genre settings with their own parties and gameplay styles)
    Madou Monogatari (You play a 6 year old little girl who happens to be the mascot from the puyo puyo games. She's a kindergartener in magic school and has to pass her final exam. It's a pretty simple game, but adorable and funny)
    Emerald Dragon (pretty basic RPG but I really liked the characters)
    Sailor Moon Another Story (Very pink. Terrible difficulty balance. But - dammit I really liked it. The story was all over the place and advanced quickly. Each sailor scout has her own mission, so you get a ton of backstory and character development)
    Radical Dreamers (Not an RPG. But a visual novel that ties in with Chrono Trigger and Chrono Cross. Very well written and absolutely worth playing if you're a fan of the series).

My three favorite SFC translations aren't RPGs though.
    Clock Tower (point and click survival horror)
    Wonder Project J (point and click, life sim adventure game)
    Famicom Detective Club Part 2 (murder mystery visual novel)

There's a bunch I still haven't played though.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Daria View Post
    Just warning you, Romancing Saga 3 doesn't have a finished translation and your character name displays with weird spacing issues (drives me nuts). It's mostly done, but I'd hold on a reproduction honestly. Tales of Phantasia's a good game, the SNES translation has a lot of swearing which a lot of people complain about. I didn't mind it, but it does sound out of place. The upgraded PSX version has two complete translations available, if I were to play the game again today it would be one of those and not the SNES version. Just for the updated graphics and additional party character. Also I'd probably just stick to the PSP version of Star Ocean, but there's nothing wrong with the SNES original. Seiken Densetsu 3 is a must play though! As is (obviously) Rudra.

I also really liked:

Dragon Quest III (the SFC remake is gorgeous)
    Dragon Quest V (yeah it's on DS but this is one of my favorite games)
    Dark Half (haven't spent too much time on this one but the concept of playing a vampire who has to eat NPCs to survive is a great hook)
    FEDA (It's like a darker more serious Shining Force)
    Glory of Heracles 3 (a really solid Dragon Quest clone in ancient Greece)
    Live A Live (Plays a lot like Saga Frontier, choose different chapters set in different time periods and genre settings with their own parties and gameplay styles)
    Madou Monogatari (You play a 6 year old little girl who happens to be the mascot from the puyo puyo games. She's a kindergartener in magic school and has to pass her final exam. It's a pretty simple game, but adorable and funny)
    Emerald Dragon (pretty basic RPG but I really liked the characters)
    Sailor Moon Another Story (Very pink. Terrible difficulty balance. But - dammit I really liked it. The story was all over the place and advanced quickly. Each sailor scout has her own mission, so you get a ton of backstory and character development)
    Radical Dreamers (Not an RPG. But a visual novel that ties in with Chrono Trigger and Chrono Cross. Very well written and absolutely worth playing if you're a fan of the series).

My three favorite SFC translations aren't RPGs though.
    Clock Tower (point and click survival horror)
    Wonder Project J (point and click, life sim adventure game)
    Famicom Detective Club Part 2 (murder mystery visual novel)

There's a bunch I still haven't played though.
    Thanks so much! This helps a lot. I'll wait then with Romancing Saga 3, I would have regret it buying it already. Yeah, Secret of Mana 2 and Rudras are a given, I'll look into the other suggestions. Is the Tales of Phantasia PS version the regular commercial Japanese one which offers also an English translation?

The Dragon Quests III and V look very tempting. Very, very tempting.
    Last edited by lendelin; 02-07-2016 at 10:15 PM.