Thread: Favorite Android (Google Play hosted) games -- premium and IAP

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Default Favorite Android (Google Play hosted) games -- premium and IAP

I've had my tablet for a time now and I dig it, going to go for a better controller on it too. I've noticed Google Play pretty much is the standard though Amazon gets its perks too, yet even the Nvidia shield based options seem to favor Google Play too.

Does anyone have any particular favorite titles worth mentioning, perhaps even giving a reason why? I know it will be easy to jump to the go to console ports (Square Enix stuff, GTA games, Soul Caliber, etc) or stuff ported to consoles (like Terraria.) I'm hoping to find a genuinely nice list of things that are just on android or were later carried over to other formats (like how Choplifter HD jumped to PC/PSN/XBL.)

I think a good notable one worth mentioning would be Out There Omega as it's always random and odds are you'll never make it, but the ride trying to get home to Earth is amazing. A great resource and destination manager mixed with a horrible string of bad luck with the good. QuestLord I recently discovered and it's a pretty nice turn based 3D(yet pixel based) RPG. A few others worth note would be Star Command, Sky Force 2014(great vertical shooter), and the mobile/browser game Vega Conflict too. It would be easy to bring up all the slick Capcom, Namco, SNK arcade ports too but they're well known.

I find I use my tablet more than other stuff these days so I'd like to really find some interesting goodies, hopefully that work on a controller but could function still find on the tablet if I can't have that with me and I think others would benefit from a list too.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I use mine as pretty much a pirate machine hooked up to the big screen. I just recently picked up a new controller, as I was experiencing problems with Mogas junk. Extremely pleased with what I ended up getting. Definitely go with a usb controller(w' otg cable) over a more expensive and fancier bluetooth. You'll definitely notice lag on a BT controller. Sine Mora is the only game I've ever kept that wasn't an emulator or old game. GLESDoom, Heretic, Strife, and QIA4 are there if you're into classic fps.

The Logitech Gamepad F310 is the controller I picked up, works like a champ, feels great, cheap price, and has a solid build. I guess it works with pcs too but I know nothing of that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I hear that, and could do it with the spare cables I have around here now using an app + my PS3 controller. I'm still leaning on that steelseries one I found that used to be $100, now is $50, but I found on ebay for $22 shipped from that other thread I made.

I've got an NES and SNES emualtor stuffed on my tablet along with all the ROMS for carts I own for portability sake but rarely bother. I do have DOOM and Wolf3D on my iphone but do not have them on android as I was having a hell of a time getting the stupid nexus to detect the source files. For some dumb reason it keeps not wanting to access anything unless I leave it in the download directory on the tablet itself(viewed from my PC) so I shove things in there like my music, videos, etc in sub directories in that which sucks. I have tried out GLESDOOM it was nice, just not very nice on a touch screen as it was before I had this garbage Moga pad. Heretic reminds me, I had that, wish I knew where my disc went as it was the full package with Serpent Riders. I do love classic FPS games from the Wolf3D, DOOM, DOOM2, Heretic, Witchhaven, Duke 3D era type stuff, but after I went through Quake my interest fell off as it seemed to get more about speed, cheap angles, and graphical whoring followed by going into multiplayer shoot you in the face garbage I loathe which pushed me towards MOH and COD when they were in WW2. When those left that time period I just basically stopped.

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Crusader's Quest is really good until you get to the fourth chapter then it starts getting a bit boring. That's where the real grind starts. Imo, after getting a few four star champion characters, the one I found that was by far the best was Hanzo. The only character in the game where his match one attacks take off just as much as his match three attacks, just hits a single enemy. Great for taking out front line power characters or bosses, or a row of enemies. No other archer is as good in comparison, even the champion versions.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Google Play images make it look like a pixely cuter version of Dragon's Crown kind of. What's the pricing model on it since it's free to download? Harassment or manageable without buying a bunch of stuff?

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tanooki View Post
    Google Play images make it look like a pixely cuter version of Dragon's Crown kind of. What's the pricing model on it since it's free to download? Harassment or manageable without buying a bunch of stuff?
    The only thing you can buy are crystals and there's a section for that. They don't harass you into buying them and when you initially play the game, you can get crystals from mastering classes(and there's a lot of classes that you'll get starting at level 1.) One thing you don't want to do is start to use these to get food like I did. Save them up as long as possible and put them into the max amount of gold you can buy. It'll definitely help when you're training your high ranking characters to even higher tiers. Also stick with only a few characters. Don't train characters you're not going to use(by train I mean feed food as you want to level them up to their max level to get more crystals.) So basically train all your level three characters to level four and so on. If you come across a crappy champion class(there's one hammer knight that is terrible) don't think he'll get better when you get to rank five because he won't, get a different champion. I'd also say don't put anything into purchasing randomized level 3-5 tier characters as you'll mostly get level 3 tier characters. If you go for a character go for the one that gives you rank 4-6 tier characters. If you have a great weapon at a rank lower than four, it won't convert. Every class rank 1 to 3 changes when it ranks to the next one, but when turning into a champion type class, every rank up you keep that same exact weapon type, so that's when you want to make sure you have a good weapon. Since you probably have Google auto loading when you turn on your phone, you also want to save your data through Google Play. This way it auto loads and also if you ever delete the game your data is saved on the cloud server.
    Last edited by kupomogli; 08-01-2015 at 12:11 AM.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.