Thread: My complete licensed NES collection 10 years later.

Strawberry (Level 2) starsoldier1's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default My complete licensed NES collection 10 years later.

On Digital Press here I know there are a ton of hardcore collectors out there with some very impressive game rooms but with retro prices going up (I know someone that just sold his Stadium Events cart for 12 grand) and house space can be limited so it can be very hard to justify keeping a massive set. So despite all that pressure, here I am in 2015 and I still have my NES collection. I decided to make another video as proof and I was wondering about some others out there can't get rid of their collection either?
    2015 vid:
    https://youtu.be/IAV8S_4GJaM
    2009 vid:
    https://youtu.be/Kb1i1Ms33aI

Great Puma (Level 12) Niku-Sama's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

I probably won't but i have a massive hogde podge of stuff and some of it i have solely to trade. I'm not going for complete collection either. If i happen to get a complete collection by chance that's great but otherwise I go for sets. Like mega man or what have you. Since I've finished mega man I'm going for import versions, so far i have the hard ones just need to fill in. That's how i do things

celerystalker is a poindexter celerystalker's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

I've never sold any of my games, so I guess you could say I can't bear to part with it. It's about 2500 console games, 5 arcade cabinets, and a bunch of PCBs to swap out in them or the supergun I built out of curiosity. I don't have any complete libraries, nor do I want to, as I don't like to buy games I won't play anymore. For awhile in the late '90s, I'd pick up just about any NES game I didn't have at $5 or less, but after shit like Orb 3D and Videomation, I got a reality check to save my money for stuff I want to actually use, and I have been much happier since then.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Niku-Sama View Post
    I probably won't but i have a massive hogde podge of stuff and some of it i have solely to trade. I'm not going for complete collection either. If i happen to get a complete collection by chance that's great but otherwise I go for sets. Like mega man or what have you. Since I've finished mega man I'm going for import versions, so far i have the hard ones just need to fill in. That's how i do things
    I often see people collect for game series like Legend of Zelda, Pokemon, Metal Gear and more now of days too since those games can easily fill up a room.

FPGA arm-based system Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    PSN
    bb_hood99

I own every licensed nes game minus stadium events. I have around 500 complete games, and almost 2,000 nes carts total (tons of doubles). My nes collection is pretty much complete and is not going anywhere. Prices can skyrocket or plummet, I dont care at all because I doubt I will ever sell my Nintendo stuff. Its always been my favorite system and my favorite to collect for as well.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by celerystalker View Post
    I've never sold any of my games, so I guess you could say I can't bear to part with it. It's about 2500 console games, 5 arcade cabinets, and a bunch of PCBs to swap out in them or the supergun I built out of curiosity. I don't have any complete libraries, nor do I want to, as I don't like to buy games I won't play anymore. For awhile in the late '90s, I'd pick up just about any NES game I didn't have at $5 or less, but after shit like Orb 3D and Videomation, I got a reality check to save my money for stuff I want to actually use, and I have been much happier since then.
    Yeah, owning complete collections can be a huge undertaking when you have to force yourself to get a game you know is awful gameplay wise but it's also something you need to bite the bullet on so I can see why some wouldn't like that approach.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bb_hood View Post
    I own every licensed nes game minus stadium events. I have around 500 complete games, and almost 2,000 nes carts total (tons of doubles). My nes collection is pretty much complete and is not going anywhere. Prices can skyrocket or plummet, I dont care at all because I doubt I will ever sell my Nintendo stuff. Its always been my favorite system and my favorite to collect for as well.
    I know how you feel since I grew up on it too and owning the actual cartridges makes me feel like I'm keeping the NES's legendary history alive.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    swlovinist

Longtime collector who still loves collecting these days. Prices for what I want have limited what I can add to the collection, but I have climbed any game goal I have set for myself. I currently have 24 complete US collections and will be slowly pursuing the final 95 boxes I need for a CIB liscensed US NES set. I get asked all the time what my collection is worth. In the last five years the prices really have skyrocketed to the point I dont know what the value truly is(alot). I collect for the passion of loving video games and never really considered selling my collection off, unless to a museum when I get old and my kids did not want it.
    Would you like to know more about collecting video games? Check out my extensive Youtube channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/swlovinist

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by swlovinist View Post
    Longtime collector who still loves collecting these days. Prices for what I want have limited what I can add to the collection, but I have climbed any game goal I have set for myself. I currently have 24 complete US collections and will be slowly pursuing the final 95 boxes I need for a CIB liscensed US NES set. I get asked all the time what my collection is worth. In the last five years the prices really have skyrocketed to the point I dont know what the value truly is(alot). I collect for the passion of loving video games and never really considered selling my collection off, unless to a museum when I get old and my kids did not want it.
    Very nice, it's great to hear others trying to preserve gaming history like this.