Quote Originally Posted by Tanooki View Post
Satoshi -- Good, good. Now, I don't have a Vita, and while I've seen them as low as $75 used locally, I just can't pop for it with basically nothing for games coming out on it anymore I want which is a shame. Sony sucks when it comes to handhelds unfortunately as they have no clue how to properly support them thinking the ego drive of the console will just make it move (hah.)

That's a misconception. There's plenty of really awesome games for the Vita that make it completely worthwhile, especially for under $100 if you really can find it for so cheap.

Not even counting the meaty JRPGs and Visual Novels - the two genres the PS Vita has the most games for and excels at the most - the Vita offers

Retail:

Blazblue Continuum Shift Extend
Dead or Alive 5 Plus
DJMAX Technika Tune
Dokuro
Dragon's Crown
Dynasty Warriors Next
Gravity Rush
Hatsune Miku Project Diva F series
Hyperdimenion Neptunia ReBirth 2, 3
Hyperdimenion Neptunia U Action unleashed
Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational
Killzone: Mercenary
Lumines: Electronic Symphony
Muramasa Rebirth
Need for Speed Most Wanted
Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus
Rayman Origins
Shinobido 2: Tales of the Ninja/Revenge of Zen
Sly Cooper 4
Sonic & All Stars Racing Transformed
Touch my Katamari
Uncharted: Golden Abyss
Wipeout 2048

Digital:

Duke Nukem 3D
Earth Defense Force 2017 Portable
Firefly Diary
Guacamelee
Hotline Miami
Jet Set Radio
Nihilumbra
Oddworld Stranger's Wrath HD
Pix the Cat
Proteus
Retro City Rampage
Sine Mora
Shovel Knight
Sound Shapes
Spelunky
Steamworld Dig
Super Stardust Delta
Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack

Plus a massive list of PS1, PSP, and PS Mobile games.

Nothing against the 3DS, but I would go as far as to say the Vita offers more worthwhile gaming experiences than the 3DS does. It's also a misconception that the Vita is "dead" or anything like that. Most games are sort of niche in the west and get very little retail coverage and nobody much talks about the PSN releases. There's simply more awareness of what's happening on the 3DS unless you follow sites, blogs, twitter and tumblr feeds of people who specifically cover Vita. Then you'll realize there's exciting stuff happening on Vita almost every week.

If for nothing else, the Vita is a wonderful system for the Hyperdimenion Neptunia games and just a small fraction of what else I mentioned. The Vita is a gamer's system with games that are made for the hardcore and with surprising regularity these days, the Japanese gamer. As such, you tend to see a whole lot of anime or manga inspired games where most game systems these days tend to be western dominated.