Page 14 of 63 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Thread: Limited Run Games (producing physical copies of digital games)

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie2B View Post
    Have you guys logged in on the site and checked the fulfillment status? I've noticed that sometimes I don't get a shipping confirmation email, or I don't get it until the games have already shown up, but if I check on the site, I can see if the order has been shipped and check the tracking.

As for the most recent batch of games, I got an email about my copies shipping on the 7th, and apparently they were delivered yesterday, though I've been away from home for the last few weeks.
    Yeah, I've checked. It usually shows where it's currently located at at the time. It says it hasn't shipped yet and on the main order screen it shows unfulfilled. I'll wait a few more days, if I still don't see it shipped I'll send an email. I pay the ridiculous shipping costs of $10.25 for shipping with a box because of the damage I've received last time, and I don't get the games for a month(presumably.) Play-Asia ships faster than this with their $5 shipping and it's on the other side of the world.

*edit*

Mine has shipped. I only got One Way Heroics because that's the only one I was interested in, I enjoyed the game on PC so wanted to own it at retail.

Btw, I downloaded the demo of OWH on PSN and it's a really good demo for anyone who's interested in trying it out. The demo is only playable on "Easy" or "A Stroll in the Park/PC original name" difficulty and the areas that you traverse through are all the same locations in the world, slightly different per game. At the beginning of the game you're unable to defeat the dark lord, and the trick that you can use to lure the dark lord to the end and have them run away because the darkness hits them doesn't seem to work on this version. After playing the tutorial, it throws you straight into the opening world with the strength, vitality, and agility perks as the swordsman class and your name is nameless. There's no limitations on what you can do in the world though as both times I've attempted, I've made my way and defeated the dark lord on the demo version. It won't allow you to learn new perks or classes in the demo, but you can use the dimensional vault and you can can change to one of five classes afterwards and use three of any of the starting perks.

Whether you're interested in trying it before opening your copy of OWH or maybe you didn't get OWH and want to try out the game, it's actually a really good rogue like. I initially thought it was the best rogue like I've ever played, but the game does lack content, and you can beat the game in less than 20 minutes. The game has different worlds to progress through, different events that will pop up when you go to random worlds, etc, it's finding these worlds that is the problem. Not every world is going to be a unique experience, many of them are going to be an identical experience to the last just have you running across different looking areas, and that's the biggest issue with the game. It's a great unique experience for a rogue like though as it's like a mini grand rpg adventure which is the reason for my initial impression as I first played the game, but shortly after I changed my opinion that it's great because of its unique experience, but far from the best because it sorely lacks the content and depth that a lot of the best rogue likes provide. I haven't played Tales of Majeyal yet, which I've heard was a good one, but from everything I've played, console and PC(based on what's came to the US,) Torneko the Last Hope, Shiren the Wanderer, Chocobo's Dungeon 2, Azure Dreams, and ZHP Unlosing Ranger vs Dark Death Evil Man are the very best. I like to praise NIS for ZHP because while imo Disgaea is meh, the style of gameplay for that game is perfect for ZHP and they've made one of the absolute best in the genre.
    Last edited by kupomogli; 10-18-2016 at 01:44 PM.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Super Moderator Moderator
    Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Today is the last day to preorder The Silver Case for PC if anybody is interested. While the game looks good, I think I'll pass on this one myself, since I'm still not that much of a PC gamer or collector. It's not a part of the main numbered line, so it's not gonna tug away at any obsessive-compulsive collecting tendencies either, haha. They say that if the PC version is successful, the game may someday come to PS4 and/or Vita, and if it does and gets a physical print run on those, then I'll bite. I have just about a million other VNs to play in the meantime.

It's also just a little over a week until the two PS4 Shantae releases and Volume for Vita are to be sold. I'll be going all in on those.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Today is the last day to preorder The Silver Case for PC if anybody is interested. While the game looks good, I think I'll pass on this one myself, since I'm still not that much of a PC gamer or collector. It's not a part of the main numbered line, so it's not gonna tug away at any obsessive-compulsive collecting tendencies either, haha. They say that if the PC version is successful, the game may someday come to PS4 and/or Vita, and if it does and gets a physical print run on those, then I'll bite. I have just about a million other VNs to play in the meantime.

It's also just a little over a week until the two PS4 Shantae releases and Volume for Vita are to be sold. I'll be going all in on those.
    Volume won't be in the same batch as the two Shantaes. Volume has a release date of 11/04/16. Also, Silver Case is getting a PS4 remake that will be released physically by NIS America.

Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Thanks for the info. Yeah, I just heard about Volume's delay a minute ago. It's too bad considering LRG has a packed November now with 6 releases (two on both platforms and two that are Vita-exclusive, with Volume being one of those).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Thanks for the info. Yeah, I just heard about Volume's delay a minute ago. It's too bad considering LRG has a packed November now with 6 releases (two on both platforms and two that are Vita-exclusive, with Volume being one of those).
    More games in one month saves me on shipping. I don't really care about Volume, but hopefully everything else I'm interested in releases on the same day. I'm not really fond of being there at a specific time multiple weeks in a row, plus it'll save me shipping. I'll be getting a box again so I make sure they're fine. I'll get Shantae shipped regularly since both are PS4 titles, no Vita case to dig into the PS4 version and ruin my copy.

Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Unfortunately, it's not working out that way with Volume. It's releasing all by itself (outside of maybe an OST, I dunno), so it's going to cost more in shipping coming out in November for people who want both that and the Shantae games versus had it come out in October as planned.

As for the other November games, LRG has said that they're being "paired together", so I'm not getting the impression that the other 5 (or 3, not counting platform variants) will all be released in one go. I'm guessing the other solo Vita game will be sold along one of the multiplatform games, and then the other multiplatform game will be sold by itself (again, not counting any possible OSTs or other merch).

Speaking of OSTs, not only are they going to be selling OSTs for the two Shantae games they're selling, but they'll also have the first Shantae's OST for sale.

Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Today's the day for the 2nd and 3rd Shantae games and the soundtracks for the first three Shantae games. Act fast right now or wait for the later batch.

We're also just a few days away from preorders opening up for Skullgirls: 2nd Encore. Weirdly enough, they're still a part of the numbered line, even though they're being sold like The Silver Case rather than all the other numbered PS4/Vita releases. I'm thinking I might make it the first multiplatform release where I don't buy one of each variant. I'm kinda tired of stockpiling sealed PS4 versions that I don't know if I'll ultimately keep. I think I'd be good just going with the Vita versions when there's an option (and still getting the PS4 exclusives, of course).

Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Volume for Vita is now on sale, and today is your only chance to combine another game release with Skullgirls: 2nd Encore, if you want both and want to save on shipping. Just keep in mind that Skullgirls isn't expected to ship until January, and combining shipping with it means everything else in the order will wait until then too.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I grabbed Volume but passed on Skull Girls. I already have the Japanese physical release of it (which is already in English) so I had no need for another copy (even if the LRG one will no doubt be the rarer version).

Also pleased to see Stealth Inc. and Lone Survivor getting the LRG treatment - both because I want physical releases of both and because I want to make some extra space on my memory card!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    megasdkirby
    PSN
    megasdkirby

Did anyone get their copy of the Shantae games? My order still says "UNFULFILLED".
    Proud owner of a Neo 25 Neo Geo Candy Cab!

Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Yep, mine arrived on November 12th.

Did you order any OSTs with the games? I know they ran into a snafu with the Shantae OSTs that caused all orders including OSTs to be delayed. It was something like the Risky's Revenge soundtrack discs got packaged in the first game's OST cases, and the discs for the first game's soundtrack got packaged in the Risky's Revenge OST cases. My order didn't contain any OSTs, so I wouldn't be surprised if those who did order OSTs still haven't received their packages.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by megasdkirby View Post
    Did anyone get their copy of the Shantae games? My order still says "UNFULFILLED".
    Got both shantae games from LRG awhile ago.They came in mint shape and the reversible cover art for the insert are they a nice touch.Though i wish i could of bought the sounds tracks to but that would have cost more money.I decided as well to buy a physical copy of (skull girls) from LRG it's cheaper then importing the asia version.
    Last edited by Tron 2.0; 11-16-2016 at 02:40 AM.

Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Stealth Inc. is up for sale today. Picked up just the Vita version myself.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by megasdkirby View Post
    I got my Shantae order much faster than the previous order I made. One Way Heroics took around a month before I finally got it.

I got Shantae around a week ago.

Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

For those of you who do like visual novels, here's a potential LRG release:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...-kuni-project/

If the Kickstarter campaign for Sharin no Kuni hits its $120,000 Vita port stretch goal, it'll be released not only digitally for Vita but would also receive a LRG physical print run. LRG stated that they would sell some copies on their website like usual, but backers of the Kickstarter campaign would get an exclusive cover that wouldn't be available anywhere else (unlike the PlayStation Experience version of Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath HD, which will be sold along the regular Oddworld copies on December 16).

Speaking of the upcoming Oddworld release, I'm kinda annoyed about how they're selling it. The only options are to buy three copies of the game, such that you get the PSX cover plus two copies with the reversible cover, or you can buy a standard copy and, if you're lucky, they may send you the PSX cover. I guess it really goes to show that a huge portion of LRG's clientele does not give a damn about actually playing any of these games, if they're not only keeping all their copies sealed but are even obsessive-compulsive enough to want two copies of the exact same game just because it has a reversible cover, with some copies having one side facing out and some the other. Me, I've been opening all but the PS4 versions of games that I bought for both PS4 and Vita (which I've stopped doing; now I only buy the Vita version when a game is sold for both platforms), so I couldn't care less about having two copies of the games with reversible covers when I can just flip the cover around at any time if I want. But the PSX version of Oddworld has totally unique packaging, so I would like one of those (I also like its cover much more than the reversible cover, which is ugly on both sides, IMO). But that's enough whining from me. If I gotta buy three copies and sell one off eventually, then so be it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Are you saying it's dumb luck whether you get a PSX cover or not or only if someone buys three copies they'll get the variant? I thought they were only selling 150 of them on the LRG website and you'd assume they'd separate it and list it as rare cover variant or something of the sort.

Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

There are 1000 copies of the PlayStation Experience cover variant. Some were sold at the event, so the exact number remaining is unknown. Of that remaining stock, roughly 400 (which is about 70% of the remaining stock) will be sold in a bundle where you get three copies of the game. One is guaranteed to be the PSX cover, the other two are standard copies, and you're guaranteed to get one of each side of the reversible cover facing out (as opposed to two standard copies that both have the same side of the cover facing out).

Roughly 25% of the remaining PSX variants will be added to the pool of standard copies. If you pass on the bundle and buy a regular copy, it's pure luck if you get the PSX variant. (And if you get the standard copy, it's also pure luck which side of the reversible cover will be facing out.)

And roughly 5% will be sold in charity auctions on eBay.

And then there's whatever number of copies they're setting aside to replace stuff lost/damaged in the mail and what have you.

They've said that they might sell just the PSX insert by itself down the road. The minimum from Sony is greater than 1000, so LRG will receive the surplus in a few months. So if that happens, one could just buy the cover, swap it in, and create an artificial PSX variant, since I don't believe anything else about the packaging is unique. That, of course, only applies to opened copies, so collectors may be all the more insistent to have the PSX variants sealed, to know that they're a "real" PSX variant.
    Last edited by Aussie2B; 12-10-2016 at 01:51 PM.

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Today is the last day to preorder The Silver Case for PC if anybody is interested. While the game looks good, I think I'll pass on this one myself, since I'm still not that much of a PC gamer or collector. It's not a part of the main numbered line, so it's not gonna tug away at any obsessive-compulsive collecting tendencies either, haha. They say that if the PC version is successful, the game may someday come to PS4 and/or Vita, and if it does and gets a physical print run on those, then I'll bite.
    I noticed Amazon is taking pre-orders for The Silver Case on PS4 for 29.99 plus tax with a March 31st release date.

Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Yep, shortly after LRG took preorders for the physical PC release, NISA announced that they'd be releasing a PS4 version, with both standard physical copies and their own LE.

eastasiasoft also struck up a deal with Play-Asia to offer an English Asian physical Vita release of Soldner-X 2 (since the Vita has no regional lockout is essentially identical to the LRG release, minus the packaging differences):

http://www.play-asia.com/sldner-x-2-...ngua/13/70am7p

So LRG isn't necessarily the end of the line for these various games in terms of physical print runs. It's only limited in that LRG themselves will never reprint any game.

Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath HD and Firewatch just went up for sale. I was worried that the Oddworld bundle would be a bloodbath, but it went smooth as always for me by simply refreshing until the items could be added to cart and going through the payment process quickly. I'm pretty sure this is my most expensive LRG order yet. x_x But I mean, when you see how much the PSX variant is *already* selling for on eBay, it's hard to pass it up.