Well that's interesting. And no I'm not all uppity about the audio. The only Genesis systems I've personally owned was the ratty #3 and also the Nomad, beyond that, Firecore ATGames goodies(or not so goodies depending how much they piss you off.) I've never had access to a SCD system. I know there's probably only a dozen games on it I'd even bother with and some of them are damn expensive like $50-100 (some nauseatingly like Snatcher.)

I've never seen one at a store since they were sold at the store. Even the dude I was friends with years back in CA I've mentioned before gone evil and greedy where I got all my awesome expensive 2nd hand NES/SNES goodies in the 90s from never had one and he had some weird stuff.

I've been thinking for a time now I'd want a Genesis again as I lost mine to unemployment a decade ago -- Castlevania, Star control, Dune 2, Contra, Ghouls n Ghosts, Ristar, the Sonics, Alisa Dragoon, Aladdin, Virtua Racing, SF2(some variant) as well as MK1, and a few others -- always wanted a crack at Lunar, Lords of Thunder, Final Fight CD and a few others. I could see snapping up a couple dozen Gen games either complete or loose but i'd be uniform how I'd approach that once I started as I'm sure loose boxes/books are a pain.

As much as it is, I'm not sure where the price will fall but somewhere in the $100-160 range. I know they're $200-225~ish in the condition it is in. It has the original A/V (model 2 genesis looking) video cable, original power supply, system is solid itself, and has 1 6 button controller that either came with it or the old owner bought (sega brand.) Now I know you probably could get a model 1 or 2 genesis and the docked to it sega cd (under or side by side) probably for like $100, but this seems like a better idea to shoot for. For once money isn't really an object as I sold this oddball bootleg cart an online friend of mine wanted last week for a good bit of money so I could get it, I'm just wondering if it's really worth it or not with the CD aspect when a nice genesis alone I think is like what $50? (for the HD inked model 1 type with the nicer audio people go for.)