Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Whats the best way to enjoy a vita?

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Ask if you can see a picture of it, if it matches the bottom one colored white with the circular start, select, and ps buttons, it's LCD, if it matches the top one with the oval buttons then it's OLED.

Also from the list of games that I listed and others I didn't that are multiplayer.

Wipeout 2048 is multiplayer through both adhoc and online. If you want to play online it requires an online pass so I'd recommend to buy new.

Unit 13 is multiplayer only through online so you're required to have an online pass. This game is an excellent score based third person stealth/shooter game. It's designed for single player but all missions can be played multiplayer.

Soul Sacrifice. I don't know if it has a online pass because I played the digital version(it's a Sony game though so I'm guaranteeing the physical version requires an onlinei pass.) I played online so I don't know if it has adhoc as well. The story mode is single player only, it has a lot of additional missions that can be completed multiplayer.

LBP Vita. It requires an online pass and I don't think can be played adhoc.

Dragon's Crown. I've only played same screen co op on the PS3 version, so I don't know if the Vita version is online only or adhoc.

Gundam Breaker. I've only played the PS3 version has no local co op so the Vita version may be online only.

Ragnarok Odyssey Ace. There's no reason to get the non ace version as it has less content. This game has both online multiplayer and adhoc multiplayer.

Earth Defense Force 2017 and EDF2. I've played EDF2017 and I know it has online multiplayer, not sure if it has adhoc.

Playstation All Stars. I've never played the Vita version of Playstation All Stars, so I don't know if multiplayer can be played through adhoc or if it's like Unit 13 and is online only. It also requires an online pass. Playstation All Stars is an easy to learn fighting game but it's actually got a lot of depth to it. One of the best fighting games I've ever played, the only issue is that on both high and low level play their are some unbalanced characters. Good Cole is a crappy character when you don't know how to use him, but he's the best character if you know what you're doing.

If Sony actually put some effort into getting some memorable Playstation characters and didn't send Playstation All Stars off to die as nothing more than advertising for some of the games coming out with nothing more than a few classic characters, they would have had an amazing franchise on their hands. Nintendo does what Sony don't though it seems, because while Cloud would have been a perfect fit for Playstation All Stars, among many other characters fans begged for, Nintendo who has never had Cloud on any of their systems except for spnoff games like Kingdom Hearts, Theatrhythm, Final Fantasy Explorers, he's a big part of Playstation, being on the first Final Fantasy the Playstation has ever had, a game partially funded by Sony themselves, being featured in Dirge of Cerberus Final Fantasy 7, a sequel with Vincent as the playable lead character, Ehrgeiz one of the included characters, Dissidia(the Final Fantasy fighting game,) and then not a Playstation game, but Sony Pictures also published Final Fantasy 7 Advent Children. Characters like Cloud, Snake, Lara, etc, characters that people actually wanted would have put sales into the multi millions, because then it would have been a true celebration of Playstation.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    damionitc

OK got a great deal picking it up all tomorrow.

Black oled PSvita with case, grips, 4gig memory card, and charger. Plus Four games. Need for speed, assassins Creed, call of duty, and killzone. For 125.
    I'm also getting hot shots golf, resistance, and wipeout 2048 for 30.

So seven games a really clean vita all the accessories I need for 155 I just have a lot of running around to do tomorrow. The guy I'm buying the vita from is really nice I'm looking forward to this. I've been dying to play it.

I agree that FFVII really helped Sony. Is cloud in PlayStation all stars? It would make sense.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Has anyone played the Danganronpa series? Right now I'm playing Tripper Happy Havoc. Pretty interesting game. Just finished the 1st Chapter. No. Cloud isn't on All Stars.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Like Pizza Kat said, Cloud isn't in all stars. I was complaining that Sony could have made Playstation All Stars a great long running franchise if they actually handled it properly and got characters that people wanted, but what Sony should have did and didn't, Nintendo did with a character that was never really part of their library.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kupomogli View Post
    Dragon's Crown. I've only played same screen co op on the PS3 version, so I don't know if the Vita version is online only or adhoc.
    PS3 game, it's why if I ever get a Vita again or find a $20 PS TV lying around it will be the first game (or damn near it) I pick up as I really enjoyed it. The game worked great off and online and blended it well.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Anyone who is interested in the PS Vita TV, called Playstation TV in the west, it's available for $20 at Best Buy and Best Buy.com.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Keepin this thread going. Tearaway is great, aside from some bugs and glitches which pissed me off(ending).

Nihilumbra has me captivated at the moment. Awesome puzzle-platty that literally makes you feel like a pos at the start. A game that really tries to fuck with your emotions with the narrator calling you out. Similar to TWA, but not at all the same.

Also, Tomba 2 is apparently not available anymore. Why the fuck would you have it listed then, Sony? Just to disappoint people when they click on it?
    Last edited by FieryReign; 12-05-2015 at 08:11 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I saw a used copy of Tearaway for PS4 today for $30 I passed on, the box looked interesting but I had wished I knew more but it didn't look like any deal so I ignored it. It's on my list of things to check out and I know it's based upon the vita one.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tanooki View Post
    I saw a used copy of Tearaway for PS4 today for $30 I passed on, the box looked interesting but I had wished I knew more but it didn't look like any deal so I ignored it. It's on my list of things to check out and I know it's based upon the vita one.
    Didn't know it was on moderns. It relies on so many gimmicks with the camera and such. It's just a good fun silly time. Seeing your own face and whatnot plastered in the game. Creative and good for the young ones.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

16GB Vita memory card for $20 at Gamestop. Vita is saved?

Unavailable online. You know the reason.

http://www.gamestop.com/ps-vita/acce...5Nxa99O203rzWQ

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    theclaw135
    PSN
    Eonclaw

Quote Originally Posted by FieryReign View Post
    Keepin this thread going. Tearaway is great, aside from some bugs and glitches which pissed me off(ending).

Nihilumbra has me captivated at the moment. Awesome puzzle-platty that literally makes you feel like a pos at the start. A game that really tries to fuck with your emotions with the narrator calling you out. Similar to TWA, but not at all the same.

Also, Tomba 2 is apparently not available anymore. Why the fuck would you have it listed then, Sony? Just to disappoint people when they click on it?
    Looking at the US web store, the Japanese version was pulled. Tomba 2 is now English only.
    Lum fan.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I've always heard that Virtua Tennis 4 for the Vita is really, really good.

But man... it's still freaking expensive to get a copy of that game. The cheapest I could find it on Ebay was $23 shipped for just the loose vita game card. I've never seen the game anywhere at any store. Must have been a limited run or something.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Satoshi_Matrix

That's unfortunately the future of the Vita. Anyone who wants to collect for it ought to be doing it -now- while you can get games easily through amazon and such. There will come a day when most Vita games just won't be available and the few sellers that do have it will mark up the price due to lack of competition. I don't think it's unreasonable to assume that in ~10 years time, highly desirable Vita games like Persona 4 Golden will fetch $60, maybe even upwards of $100 whereas right now leftover unsold stock sells for $20.
    check out my classic gaming review site: http://satoshimatrix.wordpress.com/

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WCP View Post
    I've always heard that Virtua Tennis 4 for the Vita is really, really good.

But man... it's still freaking expensive to get a copy of that game. The cheapest I could find it on Ebay was $23 shipped for just the loose vita game card. I've never seen the game anywhere at any store. Must have been a limited run or something.
    That's expensive? That's the price for alot of used Vita games right now. $20-25. No manuals, just the cheapo box. We're not in Virtual Boy clearance mode, yet.

There is no reason to think Vita games will be valuable in a few years. Those Atlus/Persona games are plentiful nowadays. Plus readily downloadable. This ain't the ps1 era.

Super Moderator Moderator
    Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

I dunno, Persona 4 Golden is consistently at or near the top of the chart of the best-selling Vita games on Amazon, so its print run has gotta be pretty considerably sized. The demand is there, but I don't know if a game like that would ever be very expensive, especially when it's not the only version of the game and I wouldn't be surprised if new "definitive" versions appear on other systems further down the road.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

In between two slices of bread with a little mustard, Huey Lewis and The News playing on your home stereo and a glass of vintage port in the off hand - I understand that that is the best way to enjoy a vita.

I thought maybe reading this thread would be the push I needed to go and get one, but still no interest in either this or the Nintendo offering. Concerned I may be growing old.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PreZZ
    PSN
    PreZZ

Killzone mercenary is an awesome multiplayer shooter, still play it regularly on my vita and pstv for the past 3 years, small well designed levels and just plain fun. Also cross play for borderlands 2 is an awesome feature, reviews for the game were bad but I enjoyed the hell out of it, my most played vita game, and it even got a new patch in october for 30% extra ram, the game runs a lot smoother than when it came out. Being able to play on the go and then continue at home with your friends on ps3, ps4 or vita is pretty sweet.

Alex (Level 15) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Daltone View Post
    I thought maybe reading this thread would be the push I needed to go and get one, but still no interest in either this or the Nintendo offering. Concerned I may be growing old.
    I'm 28 and feel the same way so I don't think we're getting old, modern game stuff is just forgettable trash like most modern movies.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PreZZ
    PSN
    PreZZ

Quote Originally Posted by Gameguy View Post
    I'm 28 and feel the same way so I don't think we're getting old, modern game stuff is just forgettable trash like most modern movies.
    Im 36 and I have to disagree, people remember the snes with rose colored glasses, it had gems.like zelda and metroid, but most games.were.complete garbage, i rented 3 games a week back then and many times I wouldnt play them for more than 10 minutes. We still get bad games now, but they are not as bad usually as stuff thq or ljn put out

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm 36 and I feel the same about alot of the NES stuff. Alot of hot garbage on that system. And we didn't have internet gaming sites to let us know what was actually good. Just the screenshots on the back of the box, magazines, and word of mouth.

Won't even mention all the trash on the 2600. Playable for about 2 minutes a piece just going for hi-scores.