Thread: Good, Original Games Found on Multicarts or Clones

Administrator

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

Default Good, Original Games Found on Multicarts or Clones

Usually multi-carts are just loaded with tons of unofficial copies of officially licensed games, but sometimes you also find original games on them. Now sometimes these "original" games are really just ROM hacks, but sometimes they are actual, honest-to-goodness original games (even if they are a knock-off of, say, Angry Birds).

What are some of the best unlicensed games you've played on clones or multicarts? "Gems of the Orient" as you might call them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Hands down this one has some awesome selection I got out at a flea market in California 5-6 years ago. It's actually the best Supervision you can get as it has the most unique copies of games and the fewest hacks (pro hacks of black box for speed.) Problem is it's oddly naked of unique games but I note it as it has a lot of 'good, original games found on multicarts' of Famicom games we were denied completely. But I did have another, I let it go though as I just never used it.

I had this 260in1 golden game http://bootleggames.wikia.com/wiki/260_in_1_Multicart came in famicom style on mine but they come NES formatted too. The thing has a huge selection of poorly hacked repeated crap on it, but the stand out was it was also a unique cart as it has the largest supply of games from Hwang Shinwei http://bootleggames.wikia.com/wiki/Hwang_Shinwei who is a noted asian developer of unlicensed unofficial games that get dumped on these carts. Usually you get just a couple, this one though has nearly if not all of them. The most notorious one people stupidly pay top dollar for on piracy collector cart markets is WILD BALL. It's a dumb little game that if you win, you get to see naked 8bit anime chi chis, but it's not very easy as it's a random generator of rock scissors paper and clothes appear each time you fail a turn.

His most notable games though other than that ended up on stand alone carts, great copies of original other games with a twist.
    3D Block (3D Tetris)
    Magic Jewelery 1 and 2 (Mostly a columns clone) http://bootleggames.wikia.com/wiki/Magic_Jewelry *2 is best, adds 2P mode, quite a few other features and options the first lacks
    Brush Roller (conversion of Crush Roller arcade game, very good) http://bootleggames.wikia.com/wiki/Brush_Roller

There's more like a Frogger clone, a Road Fighter clone, even a unique Piano playing program too, Memory Match and more if you check that link above I put after the guys name up there.

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

A Road Fighter clone? But Road Fighter was officially released on the NES (though not in America. It was released early in the Famicom's life, but very late in PAL. Which is probably why it was reviewed poorly, it seems.)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I know, but hey the guy has some level of talent and a lot of his stuff are ripoffs, but they're decent ones, at least the puzzle titles. It's the only thing about that 260in1 I miss as the famicom collection on it was shite compared to my 115in1 so I ditched it. Also now that I think about it and Magic Jewelry 2, I forgot I had columns for the Genesis on that 6pak. I really should play that as it's fun.