Thread: Judge Dredd ONLY - Blockbuster Championship Cart

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Judge Dredd ONLY - Blockbuster Championship Cart

So I got this gem off eBay. Validated it by playing it and it seems genuine to the point where it could be worth a lot. You can only play the level that is on the Blockbuster Championship cart. You are not able to pause the level, so whether this makes it more valuable, I don't know. I've never seen this cart before with solely the Judge Dredd level. It seems like a promo cart sent to reviewers, but without being pausible and having the running time just going, confuses me. If someone owns this exact cart, maybe you can give some background on this? Is it worthless or not. I don't want to hold on to this if it is in fact worthless.

My BIGGER question is.. the 4.5 Screwbit used to take off the plastic to see the board inside does not work on this cart. Can someone tell me what bit to buy/use to take the plastic off so I can verify the board? Please see the pictures.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	12923378_1271217402890526_3570805946266815646_n.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	78.6 KB 
ID:	8783   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	12920488_1271217406223859_5697778011239563539_n.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	40.0 KB 
ID:	8782   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	12439414_1271217436223856_436105368879267709_n.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	71.8 KB 
ID:	8781   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1916383_1271217432890523_6586918833523172850_n.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	64.5 KB 
ID:	8780  

I am a collector of the classics (Atari, NES, SNES, Genesis, 3DO, Saturn, etc.)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AcePuppy View Post
    So I got this gem off eBay. Validated it by playing it and it seems genuine to the point where it could be worth a lot. You can only play the level that is on the Blockbuster Championship cart. You are not able to pause the level, so whether this makes it more valuable, I don't know. I've never seen this cart before with solely the Judge Dredd level. It seems like a promo cart sent to reviewers, but without being pausible and having the running time just going, confuses me. If someone owns this exact cart, maybe you can give some background on this? Is it worthless or not. I don't want to hold on to this if it is in fact worthless.

My BIGGER question is.. the 4.5 Screwbit used to take off the plastic to see the board inside does not work on this cart. Can someone tell me what bit to buy/use to take the plastic off so I can verify the board? Please see the pictures.
    Don't know the size but it's an off the shelf any hardware store should have star shaped bit. You can get a bit or even a screwdriver that would fit that. Also you could get a thick plastic pen body, heat it to the point of nearly melting, and jam it on top of the screw fast. It would mold to that. Pull away, let it harden for a moment, and you could open it that way.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tanooki View Post
    Don't know the size but it's an off the shelf any hardware store should have star shaped bit. You can get a bit or even a screwdriver that would fit that. Also you could get a thick plastic pen body, heat it to the point of nearly melting, and jam it on top of the screw fast. It would mold to that. Pull away, let it harden for a moment, and you could open it that way.
    Thanks, yeah I plan on going to Lowes this weekend. None of my tools at home can get the job done. I'm sure you know the feeling, everything looks real on the outside, but you never know what you are going to get on the inside. Lol.

Now if someone can just give me background on this exact cart, would be helpful. I spend a pretty penny and if that penny really isn't pretty enough I'm sending it back.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AcePuppy View Post
    Thanks, yeah I plan on going to Lowes this weekend. None of my tools at home can get the job done. I'm sure you know the feeling, everything looks real on the outside, but you never know what you are going to get on the inside. Lol.

Now if someone can just give me background on this exact cart, would be helpful. I spend a pretty penny and if that penny really isn't pretty enough I'm sending it back.
    It's not super valuable. I believe it generally goes for around $50 at the high end. It's just a promo cartridge that was sent to stores for use in their demo kiosks for the Sega Genesis. Quite a few of them have popped up over the years. Not sure what you paid, but you bought it and the seller doesn't have an obligation to give you a refund if you overpaid.

Pac-Man (Level 10) Emperor Megas's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Question

I'm a little confused. You bought it with hopes of it being monetarily valuable to NOT sell it, but if it's inexpensive you WILL sell it?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bojay1997 View Post
    It's not super valuable. I believe it generally goes for around $50 at the high end. It's just a promo cartridge that was sent to stores for use in their demo kiosks for the Sega Genesis. Quite a few of them have popped up over the years. Not sure what you paid, but you bought it and the seller doesn't have an obligation to give you a refund if you overpaid.
    I find this hard to believe value wise, as I have not seen anything like this on eBay before. If you have a prior link or forum post.. then please post it. Who gives a shit what I do with it. If I can return it I will. GTFO it.

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Megas View Post
    I'm a little confused. You bought it with hopes of it being monetarily valuable to NOT sell it, but if it's inexpensive you WILL sell it?
    If someone doesn't know what it's worth is and buys it (me).. why would you not buy it for FUTURE value. That's like going to a pawn shop or Goodwill, finding something that is rare and valuable and leaving it there. I'm not going to keep something that is worth-less.. that is not what I collect. I collect actual carts that have value for present into future time.

If you feel that's wrong.. that's your own philosophy.
    Last edited by AcePuppy; 04-01-2016 at 03:15 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

No he said he'd send it back, perhaps do a return while the window is there. Seems petty to me considering those carts even if they're not expensive aren't common by any means. What happened to this hobby everything has to be about fucking money. Yeah I'm being rude but I'm so over it not being about the game or the potential museum-esque atmosphere of an item. Demo cart from a kiosk, compo cart like that, oddball sharp nes tv stuff, whatever. It used to be about the item, not the benjamins...makes me sick. I think that sickness is a large reason I just don't even play much anymore as I'm greatly soured on things, and even when I do enjoy stuff it's most hard to fire up the motivation to do that repeatedly.

Chaos Knight
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Mayhem64

And the spiral into madness begins.