I went to Grapevine Mills Mall in Grapevine, TX this afternoon (the Hilton hotel next to the mall is where the Texas Pinball Expo used to be held, for those of you familiar with that event) and discovered that they have closed the big ice skating rink that used to be at the southern end of the mall. They have filled that space with a place called Round 1 Entertainment. It has bowling alleys and pool tables, but the rest of the massive space is one gigantic Japanese-style arcade. It's big. Really big. There's a lot of redemption machines by the entrance, but the farther in you go the cooler the arcade cabs get. Several of the games are Japanese language only, which I thought was weird. They've got fighting games closer to the back near the pool tables, loads of crane games, and a large amount of those Japanese photograph booth type things.

If you're in the area visiting the Video Game Museum over in Frisco, you owe it to yourself to stop by this place and give it a go. It was pretty damn impressive. It was pretty busy too (although I waited until people were out of the shot before I took the pictures). Here's a few pictures I took just to show the scale of it.