In Adventure Island 3 your waifu gets abducted by aliens and it's up to you to get her back!
I have never understood if Master Higgins is a caveman or if he is some guy stranded on a deserted island. I would guess that he is a caveman with all the dinosaurs around, but that doesn't explain the baseball cap. Either way, you get the general premise. If you have ever played any of the Hudson Adventure Island games you know they are difficult. Adventure Island 3 is no different, its really tough.. but its not as bad as the first Adventure Island game.

Hudson's Adventure Island 3 is alot like Hudson's Adventure Island 2. All three Adventure Island games play the same, but in Adventure Island 2 & 3 you can ride dinosaurs. These two games feature the 'dinosaur storage' system where you can save the dinosaurs you collect for use in later stages. If you do well in the early stages you can amass large amount of dinos. You will need lots of power-ups for the later stages where the game gets difficult. You will also need to know when to use the apropriate dinosaurs. The red dino can run through lava, which is useful because there are bonus stages hidden in lava-filled areas. Also the pterodactyl can be very useful in some stages, but in other stages he is easily wasted. The green triceratops is very useful in most stages, especially stages with enemies on platforms. You get the idea.

So if you like running around the jungle in a grass skirt, kickin' eggs around and riding dinosaurs, then Adventure Island 3 is the game for you. Ive been playing this for the last week and its a difficult but very fun NES game. I would definitly reccomend Adventure Island 3 if you want a challenge.