Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Consoles you keep just for 1 or 2 games

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SparTonberry View Post
    Didn't Pokemon Mini only HAVE like 3 games released in the US? So I guess with only 1 or 2 games you'd have a sizable part of the library.

I'm guessing it didn't get much attention at all until Pokemon Channel for the GameCube included an emulator and unlockable games for it (I don't know the lineup but I read at least one if not more of the games included were exclusive).
    Pretty much. It came with one, then they sold three more then wussed out and pulled it in the NA market first. Pokemon Party Mini was the bundle game, then we got Pinball Mini, Puzzle Collection, and Zany Cards -- I had all those.

Then Europe very skimpy in release got +1 POkemon Tetris along with Japan... and then Japan got also: Puzzle Collection 2, Race Mini, Pichu Bros, Togepi's Great Adventure, and Breeder Mini

10 games in the library total, 4 less than the total US line-up on Virtual Boy. It's the most short line-up on a Nintendo system that took cartridges or some kind of inserted media as far as I know.

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tanooki View Post
    10 games in the library total, 4 less than the total US line-up on Virtual Boy. It's the most short line-up on a Nintendo system that took cartridges or some kind of inserted media as far as I know.
    That depends on if you want to count physical DSi-exclusive games as a set (3 released in NA + 1 EU-sorta-exclusive that was released as an original DS game in Japan with an add-on, is the total library.
    The rest of the "DSi" library is either backwards compatible or is DLC games.)
    So far there's only been ONE New 3DS exclusive physical game (and that looks likely to remain), with 2 N3DS-exclusive DLC games excluding SNES VC games.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

True enough but despite the hardware bump they got over the similarly branded system they never really got advertised as their own new machine, just an upgrade of sorts while the GBC was played off as something new so that really hadn't crossed my mind. Sure 3DS wins, they have 1.5 games made just for it currently on physical media -- Xenoblade and Hyrule Warriors(works but miserably so on normal 3DS.) I'm wondering if the other WiiU ports will suffer bad performance or they'll properly optimize the stuff for 3DS when Mario Maker and Yoshi's Wooly World pop over. Mind you those 2 games are far less intense for stuff going on on screen with AI behind it like the mobs in that zelda off shoot.

And I guess if we do consider those systems, I got rid of BOTH of them because they lied and put nothing out on them so in respect to that no, no I wouldn't keep a console for 1-2 games.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

SuperGrafx = Daimakaimura
    Nuon = Tempest 3000

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Tron 2.0 View Post
    The original xbox for coin-ops and being able to play pazner dragoon orta.I wasn't a early adopter for the console by that generation,PS2&GC filled my gaming needs.When i seen the original xbox could emulate arcade games.I went ahead got one from a friend plus i all ways wanted to play sega offerings for the console.
    This is more or less exactly what I was going to post. I also still enjoy DOA 2 Ultimate from time to time. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceHarrier View Post
    This is more or less exactly what I was going to post. I also still enjoy DOA 2 Ultimate from time to time. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    That as well for what tecmo has in games for the xbox.

FPGA arm-based system Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    PSN
    bb_hood99

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Megas View Post
    The only game I play on the WiiU is Mario Kart 8.
    The only WiiU game I have is Mario Maker. Its worth owning just for Mario Maker

Insert Coin (Level 0) stlgamer75's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Wii U for me as well - Mario Kart 8 & New Super Mario Bros.

Close second would be my PSP - all I ever played on this was Virtua Tennis World Tour even though I owned 3 other games.
    Check out my retro gaming blog - Cartridge Corner
    http://stlgamer75.wordpress.com

Console of the Month: PlayStation

Strawberry (Level 2) Manhattan Sports Club's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

PS2 -- for Sega Classics Collection (the compilation of selected Sega Ages remakes for the US market). I got a Japanese PS2 with the intent to collect all the import Sega Ages that didn't make it over here, but now I'm not sure if I'll pursue it.

PS3 -- Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection, duh. It was worth the investment for the arcade versions of Shinobi and Altered Beast, and one of the best Sega compilations of all time for one of my most beloved consoles. This, and Ex-Troopers would be another.

3DS -- The only system I care for this generation, but mostly keep it for the 3DS Shinobi installment and Sega 3D Classics Collection.

GBA -- Chu Chu Rocket.

Game Gear -- Magical World Popils, a nice little underrated action-puzzle game few know about, and exclusive to the Game Gear.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

^Now there's a dedicated Sega fan -- and it's not too far unknown I own Popils, got the english release from the UK a few weeks ago along with Halley Wars and Pengo.

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

That was my thought, too. A lot of non-Sega consoles to buy solely for Sega games.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Kind of surprised he doesn't have Phantasy Star 0 as it's excellent, feels like the DC game entirely but with a cool story added on.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

An N64 will always be in my collection so that I can play Bangaioh and Sin & Punishment.
    Vectrex for Vector Pilot.

Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan Sports Club View Post
    PS2 -- for Sega Classics Collection (the compilation of selected Sega Ages remakes for the US market). I got a Japanese PS2 with the intent to collect all the import Sega Ages that didn't make it over here, but now I'm not sure if I'll pursue it.
    The Japanese volumes 20 and later are must haves for any retro Sega fan.
    Vol.26 Dynamite Deka is one of my favorites. AFAIK the game engine is uipgraded from the arcade and it plays faster and smoother.
    Vol.30 Galaxy Force II Special Extended Edition is also upgraded from the arcade, as well as allowing arcade-like control with Hori Flight Stick.
    And then there's the final game: Vol.33 Fantasy Zone Complete Collection = a must have for any Fantasy Zone fan!

Objection! Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The Japanese PSN has quite a few (if not all) of the Sega Ages 2500 games on it. Bought the Gunstar Heroes Treasure Box for the cool behind-the-scenes stuff and different-region versions of Gunstar, Alien Soldier, and Dynamite Headdy.

Mine would be the N64 for Smash, Pokémon Snap, and the Goemon games. Tetrisphere is pretty darn good too.

I also still have a GBC for Kirby Tilt 'n Tumble. My thoughts on this game: this, Mass Attack, and Super Star/Ultra are proof that anyone that tells you that all Kirby games are easy is lying.
    Serving the retrogaming community since March 2005

DP feedback: +47(!), no negatives
    can be found here: http://www.digitpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=66092

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Az View Post
    3DO - This might as well be a dedicated Way of the Warrior arcade board. No other games on this system hold my interest more than a minute or two since I didn't own one before I have no warm fuzzy nostalgice attachment to anything. WotW is a shitty cheese-filled digitized fighter but looks amazing compared to it's contemporary brethren. Like a low-budget 80's B movie, if you accept it for what it is rather than what it isn't there's definitely some fun to be had.
    WOTW is one of the most polarizing games I have ever seen. You either love it or hate it, and I absolutely love it.

Have you tried Crash 'N Burn or Total Eclipse? I enjoyed those two 3DO games.

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

I've forgotten my Japanese GameCube has only two games for it: Nintendo Puzzle Collection and (for some reason) Kaze no Tact (The Wind Waker).

16-bits, yo Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

There is no reason I keep my Gamecube around other than I wouldn't get anything for it to make it worth the hassle of selling it. I do have GC games, but I have a Wii for those with component cables, which I'll never have for the GC. More so, I also have Nintendon't installed and can play them "emulated" on the Wii U.

32x, I only have ever had one game. Back in the day, I had rented a few other games, but obviously won't be doing that these days. Someday maybe I'll get a Genesis Everdrive and play other 32X games.

Gamegear and Lynx I only have 3-4 games each.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Thats harsh on the GC but if you have no love for anything Gameboy Player usable as well I can see it maybe.