Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: So I went Hunting for the first time in ages ...

celerystalker is a poindexter celerystalker's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tron 2.0 View Post
    Prices for that is moderate from what i've seen.Now what's insane is how crazy expensive the famicom version is now that being battle formula.
    Oh, for sure. Battle Formula costs way too much. Even the PS1 disc with Gimmick costs a bunch these days.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

That costs too much because it's collectard cancer basically. Once it gets too expensive to own on one format, people look to others, then the sellers figure it out and jack the up the price knowing they can hound the more gamer centric types who want in who collect too, because the big time collectors will just eat the cost for an original. It's a vicious cycle, very easily seen in how famicom prices have spiked just in the last few years after the NES stuff (especially post SFC/SNES) went up hardcore. It wasn't long ago you could get Lickle (Samson) famicom for very little, then it shot up over 100 really fast. Same can be said with others like Bubble Bobble 2, the disney sequels, panic restaurant, etc. Oddly Bonk is still $20-30, not sure why, but it's the stand out where you can get the same game and not screwed out of $300.

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

I've never seen Bubble Bobble 2 under $100, for either NES or Famicom.

I feel I lucked out getting a Captain Saver CIB years ago, for a sane price from a site that usually overcharged on game.

I thought the price on Battle Formula was affected by one Famicom collector in Japan that announced he had a complete set. If I remember, there was some confusion as to whether BF was his hardest-to-find game or his favorite.
    Last edited by SparTonberry; 09-14-2016 at 12:15 AM.

FPGA arm-based system Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    PSN
    bb_hood99

Quote Originally Posted by SparTonberry View Post
    I thought the price on Battle Formula was affected by one Famicom collector in Japan that announced he had a complete set. If I remember, there was some confusion as to whether BF was his hardest-to-find game or his favorite.
    On GameCenter CX, the guy who had the complete set mentioned BF as his favorite, and he also mentioned that it was hard to find. I remember he mentioned a different game that was rarer.

Regarding Super Spy Hunter, it will go up sooner or later. Maybe once people realize that its more like a shooter than a racing game. People go crazy over shooters

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Count me in the surprised box Super Spy Hunter price doesn't suck. It's a post-SNES release if I recall right and the game is beyond solid, a true stand out visual treat as well sort of like how Recca does some crazy junk in Japan in relation to how the background layers respond. It's a shooter, just happen to be in a car is all, not an arcade driver overhead like Spy Hunter equally was so.

I'm not really sure why I'm doing this to myself, but since handheld aren't toxic to me and after finding back in early spring that small cache of 3DS/DS stuff which had Super Mario 64DS in it it got me wanting after a decade of being gone to play some stuff I had before and also try new ones as the DS had a lot of stuff that wasn't just licensed garbage. I found DQH Rocket Slime less than a week ago, can't remember the last time I had that much fun playing some game and it's just so screwball like I vaguely remember it being. A bit DQ, a bit Zelda, and a bit 1on1 tank brawling with sabotage. I'm really liking it, and I have shortly Metroid Prime Hunters, Zelda Phantom Hourglass and New SMB on the way too. I've actually got more DS than 3DS stuff currently. Kind of a weird flash back of how I had more Wii than WiiU and PS3 than PS4 stuff. It's like the newer stuff gets where they add more in a way that it's less (fun, less good) so I look back and find far more gems and variety.

Objection! Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by celerystalker View Post
    Oh, for sure. Battle Formula costs way too much. Even the PS1 disc with Gimmick costs a bunch these days.
    For cheap alternatives to buying expensive import PS1 games (and getting a Japanese/modded system to play them on), Japanese PSN is your friend, and mine.

$7 Rakugaki Showtime says hi.
    Serving the retrogaming community since March 2005

DP feedback: +47(!), no negatives
    can be found here: http://www.digitpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=66092

Pac-Man (Level 10) Emperor Megas's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tanooki View Post
    I found DQH Rocket Slime less than a week ago, can't remember the last time I had that much fun playing some game and it's just so screwball like I vaguely remember it being. A bit DQ, a bit Zelda, and a bit 1on1 tank brawling with sabotage. I'm really liking it...
    Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime is my favorite DS game. Granted, I haven't played quite that many DS titles, but of the ones I have played it's definitely the one I've enjoyed the most. The tank battles are so damn fun! It's such an awesome 'modern old school' game, if you understand what I mean.
    Last edited by Emperor Megas; 09-16-2016 at 12:11 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Completely. It's this screwball mix of the 2 classic franchises of DQ and Zelda (overworld play and items) but then it's almost like one of those awful tower defense type games, except it doesn't suck and is some coining shitty IAP mess all those titles are -- it's just fun throwing out stuff to knock down enemies, their weapons, or using them as weapons on their own stuff...it's 100% unique and fun in all the right ways.

Great Puma (Level 12) Niku-Sama's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Megas View Post
    Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime is my favorite DS game. Granted, I haven't played quite that man DS titles, but of the ones I have played it's definitely the one I've enjoyed the most. The tank battles are so damn fun! It's such an awesome 'modern old school' game, if you understand what I mean.
    I think a Fred Meyer near by has that game new still. I was always curious

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Get it, you won't regret it. If us talking don't sell it, go fire up a video play through, move it maybe 3 hours into the game, and let it run for 15min so you can see a tank battle and some terrain. It's good.

Great Puma (Level 12) Niku-Sama's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

so I went and checked it out and it was Dragon Quest Monsters Joker 2

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Half price just up the road from here has the original Joker for $15 on the shelf, been there for months. I had it back in the day when it was new and I never got more than probably 20 hours into it before it got really boring so I never tried out that sequel.